Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kind of regretted going out this morning.

See my post on the subject here, as it also fits your experience.
    No harm, no foul...it is an experience we all must face in the future...you are more informed and knowledgeable for having to experience it.
    Candice Coleen Kowal ....all my friends call me Candy!

Congratulations. You have proven that acting like a normal person, regardless of your presentation, will give the police no reason to mess with you. They are trained to behave just as you've described.
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".

Banned Read only
    I think you'd be totally naive to think a police officer has not encountered a cross dresser out for an evening stroll or parking in a secluded area. You may not being doing anything illegal, but it may appear totally out of the ordinary. I've watched Youtube videos of cross dressers strutting up and down a closed strip mall or walking on a busy highway. In my area there are designated road that are posted with signs declaring it to be a zone off limits for "working girls." Guilty of plying your trade means you'll get arrested for being on that stretch of road. So, if you're a cross dresser I'd recommend finding somewhere else to walk less you end up talking to a police officer or getting solicited.

Keep the strolls to a well traveled neighborhood and look as if you belong. My favorite stroll is in the early evening hours when it is normal for people to be coming and going from work or shopping. I only wear dresses and walk with a wedge with a low rise. I carry a tote with the local grocery store logo on it. The narrow streets are totally residential with forty foot frontage for the houses. It's even better if there is a gentle rain so I can use an umbrella which to some extent obscures my six foot height.

Be safe. Would a woman act the same way?

Aspiring Member
    A great and unexpected irony of being out and about is that we are safer in a crowd than out in the dark alone.

One of the ways that I determine, en femme and in drab, whether an unfamiliar place is safe is to see if lone females are nearby, going about their business.

Silver Member
    To a cop, everything looks suspicious, even driving through without stopping in a full.parking lot. BUT, you can see that your being in a dress is of no concern to them, so there's that.

I agree with so much of what these other ladies have said. Go out during peak business hours. When you're standing in line with one person, they'll look at you. I know I look at them. When you're in line with 20 people, no one notices. You just have to be confident. I'm six foot, but working that walk and dressing like other women dress really works.