Thread: Rock Star Robert! Is it getting crazier out there or is it just me!?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Exclamation Rock Star Robert! Is it getting crazier out there or is it just me!?

Ok, I recently posted a pix thread where I was out at a packed vanilla club and was greeted nicely be many of the 20 to 40 folks there. Mostly women. I was pleasantly surprised to say the least!
    Because I present as a fit, attractive young woman from behind. But, with a 70+ year old wrinkled, male face that would top a clock!

Then, last nite happened!
    Another vanilla venue with a live band and maybe 500 pay to get in attendees? Most were 30 to 50 It was inside a huge Bierhall in Old Town Village in SoCal. Because of the Octoberfest themed location I thot I'd dress like one of the servers there and wore a similar costume. I was there with a GG friend and my good T buddy, Cindi.

All the picnic style, long, tables were taken when we arrived, just before the band began playing. So, we waited in line to by drinks and just milled around for a bit. My 2 friends left to go back to her car and I went out on the dance floor. That's when the weirdness began. It was only 8 PM, so few were smashed that early.
    But, women kept coming up to compliment my outfit and/or dance next to me! The dance floor was packed! So, moving around on it was difficult! My friends returned but the attention I attracted just kept increasing! Soon, all sorts of women and men came up to chat and/or shoot photos of and with me! Old, wrinkled Robert! Not, pretty youthful Sherry!

And, this went on all nite! Wherever I went people smiled and chatted, or asked for photos. Maybe a few even flirted? One older man introduced me to his old friend. Joking about setting us up! I've never had older men joke around with me, dressed. They seem to be too insecure or homophobic to relax and just have fun! Yet, a number of older men there didn't hesitate to smile or chat with me.

A woman invited me to join their table. Even tho I said I had 2 friends. Altho, her husband seemed a bit put off when we finally came over. But, everyone else was very welcoming and shared their wine and snack food with us. Even her hubby came around later. I'm not used to this kind of acceptance. Much less the notariety? It became a bit overwhelming.
    So, I went outside to get away from everyone and take some Sherry photos. But, even masked a woman asked if she could help by taking photos with my camera. And, another group insisted on pix with me!

While walking out later, we were chatting on a curb out front and people still kept shouting and asking for photos! Cindi asked, "Well, how does it feel be a rock star?" And, Vicky added, "Yeah! U got all the attention. No one even noticed us all nite!" It felt both weird and amazing!

But, I'm wondering? Could a simply costume have caused al that activity? R trans becoming popular? R folks so happy to be out again after Covid they love everyone now? No masks anywhere last nite. Is this simply a SoCal phenomenon or is this happening around the country? Except for nite events I don't go to vanilla venues dressed. Those of u that do, have u noticed a different, more accepting attitude out there?

Sandi's posted recently about similar results where she lives. So, something's going on. I just don't know what it is?

The door to the bierhall is behind me. That's the moon way up over my head!
    P1560200 (640x551).jpg

This sign was so relevant until recently here in Cal. It's an antique collector's item now. No masks or distancing here tonite! Our whole state opens up on June 15th.
    P1560214 (640x564).jpg

There was a large biergarten outside the bierhall, too. Few out there. Mostly just couples and smokers with the band playing inside, tho.
    P1560203 (640x564).jpg

The rest of Old World Village was closed by 11:30 when we left.
    P1560222 (640x597).jpg

Mods: I asked these women if it was OK to post this photo in line and that said, "Sure!"
    P1560216 (640x598).jpg
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 06-12-2021 at 02:09 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!