Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is the result of wearing heels and spine health?

Quote Originally Posted by SirDonna View Post

Just to start off, I've been seeing more leg issues, and diagnosis was stenosis, i.e., Greek for narrowing of spinal passage.

Then, perhaps, heels are not for you

Each human being is different from others according to their own genetic, physical, mental, and emotional state.

I personally know several GG's, CD's, and Trans-women who can strut about in 4" heels all day without any issues.

I also know several GG's, CD's, and Trans-women who cannot bear any heel over 2"!

I personally have persistent pain in my right ankle, but I recently discovered that flats or sneakers aggravate the pain, while heels, even a mere 2"reduces the pain. So go figure....
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

There are quite a few peer reviewed studies on the effects of high heels on the lumbar muscle function , adverse cervical effects, influence on the shape of the arch, balance issue etc.

Generally speaking the National Institute of Health Database is a good starting point for further citations and larger studies relating to a given topic.

This overview provide a picture into the existing clinical data on this topic:

Health View to Decrease Negative Effect of High Heels Wearing: A Systemic Review
    Appl Bionics Biomech. 2021; 2021: 6618581.
    Published online 2021 Mar 12. doi: 10.1155/2021/6618581

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7984927/

Try an NIH general search of " high heels AND spine" and many will come up.
    - there are quite a few interesting studies - all seem to conclude some adverse effect from wearing heels:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc
    Last edited by kellyanne; 08-10-2021 at 02:05 PM.

I have planter Fasciitis and when wearing heels, my arch does not hurt at all