Thread: Getting back into dressing.

Getting back into dressing.

Hello all...

I'm getting back into dressing at a level of being "femme " probably 4 to 5 days a week

So any help with getting back with makeup, clothing wigs etc will be greatly appreciated.

There's so much makeup products along it is very daunting to figure out what works best, so I really could use the help. Thanks

Platinum Member
    Hi Stephanie Don't expect to be perfect Every time, Try to perfect one thing at a time,

>>>>>>>>>>>>Orchid**00**
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Stephanie,

There's some great makeup tutorials on YouTube but with like a great many things it's practice, trial and error. If you're one of those who goes out and about dressed or have the courage to do it in drab, going into a store to get your foundation matched will help no end. The SA's are there to help and if you read here often enough you'll know you won't be the first to go in drab and get treated wonderfully. The thought of doing it is far more scary than the deed.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

I wish I knew a salon in your area where they do makeovers for our community as that is the best place to relearn first hand, what cosmetics to buy and how to use them. See someone transform your face is the best way to do it yourself, along with the video tutorials on your tube.
    Go to a "Hair World" beauty supply store (or similar)to find a compatible "kit" of items in your price range.
    That should get you started in trial and error mode, just let your sale associate know you are a crossdresser and need some essentials to work on your make up skills.
    Don't forget the eyelashes and strip lash adhesive...as you know that is part of the routine.
    Why not go to school? Shear Perfection Academy of Cosmetology is having cosmetics classes in your area.
    They will teach you how to do it right and know what works when you maybe allergic to certain products.
    Avoid some of your wifes old makeup, as shelve life is pretty important too.
    Good luck with your process on looking your feminine best!
    Candice Coleen Kowal ....all my friends call me Candy!

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    First you have to decide what your basic hair color would be.... brown , blonde, red, black,, grey..
    Then, there is a lot of info on the net as to what makeup colors go best with a given hair color..
    There is also info on the net on where and how to apply blush.

From there it is just trial an error to see what looks best to to you .
    Keep in mind that you want a natural look and not some sort of a drag queen look.
    So, some practice is in order..
    Once you know exactly what to do, it should not take you more than about ten - fifteen minutes to apply your makeup.

BTW i never used eye linear as I was always absolutely horrible applying it
    in any event, only some younger females use eyeliner anyway.
    Last edited by Barbara Jo; 06-18-2021 at 12:16 AM. Reason: spelling

Hi Stephanie,

Like yourself, I am getting in to purchasing more clothing, although it will be on a budget.
    First, I have bought a black pencil skirt which will go with just about any top you buy, no matter what the design or colour.
    From there, I have bought a grey and a white skirt, which will go with just about any top which matches the black skirt.
    It doesn't take much to have many outfits for not too much outlay.

As for wigs, perhaps choose colors which are close to your natural color, or in my case when going grey, what my color used to be.
    Avoid going too black or blonde, as it doesn't really look at all natural and will then really look like a wig.

As for makeup. No idea. I struggle as well. It looks easy, however getting your base foundation color right is harder than it seems. At least to me.

Good luck, and have all sorts of fun experimenting with your look.

All of your suggestions are very helpful.

I have known for some time that the time was coming where I would be by myself again after my wife was gone. She was on board over the years with the crossdressing as well as my bisexuality which came about at her suggestions. So I needed to decide what I would do once this new chapter would be once she passed. We had talked about it and she was fine with it.

So I've been picking up some new fresh makeup in the last few months.

The problem is at least twofold....what products to buy that are correct for me and getting back into doing my own makeup again. Been 8 years since I was out and about as a woman. Did it pretty well back then...well enough to look female and be passable and not looking like a guy or clown in a dress.

It is going to require practice, practice, and more practice to get it done to an acceptable level.

Got a couple of girls who have offered to work with me on make-up. My goal is to let them work with me putting on a complete face and see how that fits with the wigs. Then I can get an idea as to what look we can create and how that looks overall with the various wigs I have.

I've got about 2 years of work that I am behind on at my property and being home for most of the week will allow me to perhaps catch up by Fall and I can spend most of that time doing things around here and being Stephanie as well.

I will do this in honor and memory of my wife who introduced me to these new worlds and who I will always have gratitude for her presence in my life.

Sephora is offering free zoom classes in makeup to the trans community.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

I came across this youtube video on a total make-over.

What was interesting is the girl before without any makeup and how she looked after being made up.

If there is that much change from before and after for this female I ask this question...shouldn't there be a change for us going from male to female IF the makeup we do either by ourselves or if we were able to have this makeup artist was able to our make up.

Yes, with a lot of practice and time we possibly could get close to how he does the makeup and achieve perhaps not exactly the results he gets can achieve.

This in turn will help with our wigs looking much better on us and help with our transition from either male to female or going from female without make up to a very attractive female who looks totally different from her picture before makeup to after.

Doing it right, my guess is that it's more of an art form than just applying XYZ...

Thoughts????

WATCH THIS VIDEO AND BE SHOCKED AT THE TRANSFORMATION>
    https://youtu.be/IIg1MlvkiuQ

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

April...I will check that out.

Thanks