Thread: CDer getting FB "Friend" requests from guys who may be fake

Crossdresser-At-Large BillieAnneJean's Avatar

CDer getting FB "Friend" requests from guys who may be fake

I am getting multiple ?Friend? requests on FB every day. Some from what appear to be CDers or women. No issue with these.

And two or more from guys. These all follow a pattern. A widowed guy with two pictures, only two. Maybe the same two pictures presented a half dozen ways each but really only two. Inevitably one picture is with a stethoscope, kitten, or puppy. This person hasn?t been a FB member for long. The profile shows pretty much nothing, just that he lives somewhere in the USA. Then I spy a sign in the background of one of the photos. When I zoom in on that sign, the writing on the sign looks like shorthand. But the guy is quite handsome.

And that last part tells me it has to be a fake.

Crossdresser content, the FB account is of me as a CDer.

You too?

As an out transwoman,I get a lot of friend requests from foreign military surgeons ! lol Nothing to show and everything to hide ! lol
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

Wow I am on FB and I generally just delete and ignore guy friend requests. I will look at other requests from other girls and then decide. I guess I have never even gone to a request from a guys page to check him out I just delete it. I just check my fb page nd I have no friend requests Oh well I won't take offence to that
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Gold Member
    Be careful, be friends to the wrong people and you open a Hack Door. It happened to me once.
    Only friend to people you know. Safer that way.

Temps. Had this discussion in the transgender group I belong too. It happens to all of the girls and many of the guys. We took notes on some of the guys and pictures. Some matched names and picture. Others had same pics but different names or same names different pics. Some will send nudes the second you except. I think they are hackers.

I got so tired of that kind of crap on FB that I left for good?. I loved the friends I had there but just was over whelmed with all the fake people and fake drama. Have not missed it one minute.

I over there too, if your profile is like the one on this forum, I will friend you. Candy Kowal.
    But never will I accept a guy unless he says he is so and so from a forum I browse of someone I met in person.
    I don't get on there too much, just to check in with some of my local friends when I know I have a weekend of girl fun coming up.
    Candice Coleen Kowal ....all my friends call me Candy!

I have a tendency to treat friend or connection requests on all social media with a degree of skepticism. The requester is not who they claim to be too often to ignore the possibility.

I simply ignore all friends requests, whether or not that I actually know the person. Likewise I do not use the messenger element of fb. I use fb to view postings from two special interest groups only, one classic VW cars, and the other Kruger park animal sightings.

This is all very curious, BillieAnne. If I understand this correctly, this is the same guy purporting to be a bunch of different guys with different names, slightly different poses, but all in the same style and taken in the same places? I only have a Facebook account to read other people's stuff, so I don't contend with these problems.

The sign in the background is intriguing also. Is it on some indoor wall, or outside on some building? It could be very telling about this person's real location.

If it looks like shorthand, could it be in some non-Latin script? Arabic is a possibility, since it suggests shorthand to the untrained eye, apart from being cursive. There are plenty of other exotic scripts as well. But it might be Persian, which is similar to "standard" Arabic. ("Alef, be, pe, te, se, jim..." I still recall the first six letters of the Persian alphabet, which a girlfriend taught me more years ago than I care to remember--though writing them is another matter entirely!) An upload might be informative. Could it be Iranian hackers at work? It's interesting to speculate.

However, it's best to steer clear of this person regardless!

There was a program only a few weeks ago of a GG who was friended on FB by someone supposedly in the US military serving overseas.

All lovely and then the requests for money started and like an idiot this GG kept giving. She lost tens of thousands. As it turned out the photo of the guy was someone serving in the military, it just wasn't the crook she was dealing with.

I've had friend requests, one from someone I've known for years. However it wasn't him, he'd had his FB account hacked and someone else was using it to send out friends requests.

Steer well away from anyone you don't know in the real world and even then do your checks.

I'm not a good, often poster of FB, I think my IG automatically forward to FB. In IG at least daily one guy, different guys, start chatting with me, always the same pattern, new account, very few if nothing post, their pics are always handsome guys, some commercial pilots, doctors, or nice motorcycle, etc.
    I'm very clear in my profile that I'm not into guys, I'm married and lesbian but, you know, these people don't read, are fake assh....s or idk what kind of people, idk what they're looking for....

World is full of weirdos just controlled by the testostwrone....I was one of them, so I know them....lol
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

Pretty simple, I only accept friend requests on FB if we have loads and loads of common friends.

Hugs, Michelle

Crossdresser-At-Large BillieAnneJean's Avatar
    And now a guy sent me a friend request using a photo of Hugh Jackman complete with the sideburns!

I have two FB accounts, both under aliases. I ignore everybody
    I'm a man. I like being a man. I also love wearing women's clothing. It's my way to show honor, respect and solidarity with them.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Exclamation I get nearly 10 Friend request a day from men!

Mostly foreign men. Middle East, India, some Asia. Unfortunately, I'm NOT into men!

Quote Originally Posted by BillieAnneJean View Post
    And now a guy sent me a friend request using a photo of Hugh Jackman complete with the sideburns!
    I got request like that today, BAJ! Had about 8 photos of Jackman posted. Called himself Wolf Somebody or other!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Attachment 321802
    This is a good example of a no you can't be my friend. You have zero information zero pictures and 4 friends. Those 4 friends also have zero information and only a profile picture. At this point I don't care if they really are Peggy from Fort worth. It is an automatic decline.

Edit: I want to add I blacked out the only pictures as I don't know any of them or if these are their pictures.
    Last edited by char GG; 06-18-2021 at 05:52 AM. Reason: The FB pic example looked like a weapon which is not allowed. (Apologies if it was something else)

I will only consider friend requests from people who have friends in common with me.
    Twice now, I have checked with a friend re the authenticity of the person and been advised NOT to accept them.
    Always best to be ultra-cautious!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Yes, Gale I do that, too. First thing I check on all trans who want to Friend me is who their group of FB friends r?

If they're legitimate T's and INTERESTING? They'll have photos with other T's posted! Even if I don't know any of them? They're in!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

The main groups I am on FB have to do with Paint Shop Pro, Photograph, and Trains. Most of the time when I see a friend request it is declined. If I think I know them then I start researching them and their site. Still of researched sites, maybe one in 10 do I consider. Then I send a message "How do I know you?"
    A lot of times there are 'key' phrases that we use. Also when questions start coming not on subject, the "Unfriend" or "Block" options are replied.
    Last edited by Leslie Mary S; 06-19-2021 at 07:56 PM.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

One of the many reasons I am neither a face on Facebook nor a twit on Twitter.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

I'm keeping my friends count below 100 with my TG FB account. I have no reason to friend thousands of other CDs (or men) just because they're friends of friends. I remove nearly all friend requests.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

One of the many reasons I am neither a face on Facebook nor a twit on Twitter.
    I would have to agree
    As many as 43 percent of all people with gender dysphoria attempt suicide in their lives. dont let yourself become part of that very tragic statistic.
    Balance-Dignity-Acceptance-Responsibility-