Thread: Getting Out of the Car

Getting Out of the Car

When you're sitting around thinking about a hundred things that could go wrong, (fake boobs, a corset) you can't get your mind straight. What do you folks think of right before getting out of the car? I'm just like.... GO. You're a woman!

Yes, but we often have to convince ourselves to "GO"! It's getting easier and occasionally it's no issue at all but sometimes I manage to talk myself out of a great time.

The first time, it was hard to say GO. It was very late at night, nobody walking that I could see, but I was excited with the idea to walk a couple of streets in-femme, so I just did it.

The last time, I was only care about not forgetting the keys inside the car in the parking lot of the mall at lunch time.

It's the same for a lot of things in life. For me, it's shopping for feminine clothing in shopping centers. I just remind myself to be positive, walk tall, and do it with confidence and a smile on your face. You then look like you belong there and it all seems natural.

Platinum Member
    When I go out for an evening drive and a stroll the last thing I think to do before getting out of my car is to make sure that extra sets of keys is around my neck and tucked into my bra. No way I want to find I locked my keys in the car.

I remember these days. I use to tell myself you didn't go to all this trouble getting ready to just drive here and back. Now get out of the car and go. Now today for instance. I picked a dress got ready and was leaving. I thought you know two years ago I wouldn't have even owned this dress. And if I did I certainly wouldn't have the nerve to put it on and go put for the day. It is a simple sleepless maxidress, but becaise it is sleeveless I wouldn't have felt comfortable enough to be seen in it.

I have a little pep talk with myself and say ok lets just settle down a bit and remember to slow the walk down,hold head and shoulders back instead of the Hulk Hogan look,keep arms bent out a bit at the elbow and know I'm going to get read but not to let it bother me.
    If I knew where it was going to take me I probably would have put my mother's panties back.

I guess I am lucky. I have never stopped to think about what I am wearing when I leave the house. My safety is much more important than my clothing.

Lucky for me my boobs are permanent and can not fall out. Lol. Just look in the rear view mirror, Check my hair, Apply a little lipstick and go!!

Laurie, The trick is, you think most people are looking at you, when in fact, most people don't care and those who notice aren't going say anything.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I think "don't forget your keys and purse".
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Last time I went out (when getting out of the car) I forgot to exchange my men's boat shoes for heels. Good thing I realized it before I got very far from my car.

I can't drive a stick shift while wearing heels myself. I tried but its too difficult.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl T View Post
    Exactly! And I hope this is a good parking spot. I hope I'm safe coming back. I hope I don't break a heel. I hope I don't get towed........

When I have, I planned where to go so I wouldn't have close contact. I pretty much made myself committed to getting out, and reinforced it when I saw my reflection and looked good. When I chickened out, I was just not ready for being so near people, and couldn't convince myself. Since then, I work on what it would take to feel the confidence to do it. Time will tell.

Call me a cab...ernet!
    Only having recently got the courage to step out I can clearly remember my thoughts. I pulled up to the shopping mall. Sat in my car, took deep breaths and kept thinking You want this, You need this, Just do it. It will be OK! Over and over again for about a minute. The hard part is trying to put all the negatives out of your mind other than the important things (car keys, cash/credit card, and walk like a woman).

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl T View Post
    This is what I do ...
    Fist of all... I leave my male wallet and key ring with all my keys in my car.

In my purse I just have some limited money that I will need for that outing (which often includes some shopping for needed things) in my female wallet ..... with a few other things.
    I also have a car key in an easily accessible compartment in my purse that just contains the car key..
    Also in my purse I have the usual female things of course.

Just in case I loose my purse or, even worse get robbed by a purse snatcher, I also have another car key in a little "bra purse" that attaches to a bra strap etc. If it is not practical on a bra strap due to what I am wearing, I put it in a skirt or dress pocket. I have even put it on a skirt belt with a top covers that area because it is not tucked in the skirt.
    The point is to always have a second car key on you somewhere... just in case of whatever..

Finally..... always remember where you parked your car, particularly in bigger lots.
    While we are out as female, we are often preoccupied with that and could easily not pay too much attention to where we park.

Doing all this gives me peace of mind by not having to worry abut "loosing " my purse or car key .
    Last edited by Barbara Jo; 06-18-2021 at 03:03 PM.

Do what I do. Swing both legs out at the same time so you can stand up and not look like a football player climbing of a tackle dummy.

This post brings back many memories. Some date back decades to when I'd take late evening drives and eventually got up the courage to get out the car and walk a few yards. Over the years I got braver and the walks became longer and in places with people around.

Then came the biggie back in 2013 or 2014; I'd decided Helen was going shopping. So, sat in the car staring at the BHS (British Home Sores, sadly now gone) store trying to summon the courage to open the door and step out in a busy car park. Well the deed was done and I've never looked back except for one small matter. My time out and about enfemme has been limited to one week a year. So after a a 51 week hiatus I'd find myself back to square one. Sat in the car, knowing I can do it, just feeling those moments of intrepidation before pulling on the door handle and stepping out once more.

Well with covid it'll be 102 weeks or there about from the last time I was out and about enfemme. So I suspect I'm going to have to summon up that courage all over again and rediscover my confidence. But hey, it's like riding a bike yes?
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Quote Originally Posted by Helen_Highwater View Post
    But hey, it's like riding a bike yes?
    Absolutely! I was sick nervous going out yesterday, even though I'd been out several times. It never gets any easier.

Quote Originally Posted by laurie103 View Post
    When you're sitting around thinking about a hundred things that could go wrong, (fake boobs, a corset) you can't get your mind straight. What do you folks think of right before getting out of the car? I'm just like.... GO. You're a woman!
    I'm just like.... GO. You're a woman!

YES! This, in capital letters, bolded, with fireworks!

If you allow your fears to control your actions, you will NEVER grow!

IF you need to drive 30 miles away, in order to step out of the car in your heels, hose & skirt, then DO IT! Life is just too damned short to regret the things we wish we could have, would have. wanted to do.

So you drive to a rest stop, get out of the car and strut your butt for 5 minutes.... And if someone sees you? So what? Are they in your circle of friends? Will they confront you at the next Church social?

STOP LIVING IN FEAR!

Most people ( almost all people ) don't care about anyone else, because they are wrapped up in their own issues!

The only person holding you back, is YOU!

Last edited by char GG; 06-18-2021 at 10:13 PM. Reason: Disguised word not allowed
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

Aspiring Member
    ...keys, purse, last practice of femme voice, check makeup in the mirror, ...go!!

I NEVER go bare-legged! Kimberly A.'s Avatar
    Laurie, I sometimes still hesitate a little before getting out of my car in public while en femme..... But I think to myself, "I've done this like, a hundred times now. Just get outta the frickin' car!" LOL Also, before I leave the house, I make darn sure that everything is secure enough, (breast forms, etc.) that I won't have to worry about anything popping out.
    My YouTube channel: Kimberly A.

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    I have said it before but it bears repeating...
    You must have the attitude that you are only weaning the lingerie and outer clothes etc that a female normally wears.
    So, you are not doing or wearing anything unusual. You must feel completely comfortable being female in public.

So, just get out of the car, hold your head up high, with shoulders pulled back a bit.... and walk, shop, and mingle with the public like any female would.

Having said that....
    Its been said that to be really comfortable in female clothes in pubic, that you must spend a certain amount of tine in female clothes at home until it seems somewhat natural to you..=
    Last edited by Barbara Jo; 06-20-2021 at 10:14 AM.

Easy exit, do not forget to undo seatbelt. Swing out of seat and keep knees together Hold handbag in one hand. Do not forget to lock car.