Thread: Anonymity helps

Anonymity helps

About 6 months ago my wife and I moved into an apartment, pending a move a year or so in the future. I had not been out in 6 months due to the pandemic. I posted a picture the other day of my first time out and it felt great. The other upside was that in my new environment I am much less stressed about dressing. When I went out dressed the other day I just walked out of the apartment passing others, with no trepidation. Now I don't do this around friends and family. But the new environment has given me a heightened sense of confidence. I feel as if Angela is coming into her own.

Platinum Member
    Its certainly easier to be anonymous.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Angela, Anonymity is a great confidence builder.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

and it's probably best to establish yourself right from the get go. For those of us who have lived in the same neighborhood for a number of years, it's a little more intimidating to go out the door dressed. But you're in a whole new environment, so you might as well go for it

Platinum Member
    Perhaps, when moving to a new neighborhood not having established relationships yet is the best way to go. If you lay it out in the beginning it will become a "take it or leave it" attitude. If someone does not approve, then he or she will avoid you. If it does not make any difference, then a relationship can be established. One of the problems of a secret life suddenly being let out of the bag is the potential rejection of family, friend, neighbors, co-workers, et al. Of course, the "reveal" may have a negative effect on a wife also. It is not uncommon when moving across town to keep old relationships and never establishing new relationships at the new digs.

Deleted by Teresa.
    Last edited by Teresa.Smith.VA; 07-14-2021 at 02:01 PM.

Anonymously mask wearing has helped when I?ve been out and about
    the boy became the girl>>>> frances

As I pointed out in my original post my femme personne has increased dramatically since I moved to my new area. Although it's not far away from my previous home, I have a much less chance of running into people I know. This morning I had to buy some milk. I slipped on a pair of black leggings, a t shirt, and flats and proceeded to the convenience store near my apartment. Previously I would have made it appear that I was coming or going from the gym. This time I clearly went as Angela, albeit without makeup lol. But it is very clear that unencumbered from the angst of seeing someone I know I feel a great comfort and freedom expressing my feminine side. There are limits, of course, as to how far I will go. But it is very clear to me that Angela is much more dominant that I previously thought. Now I may run into someone at some point in time. If that happens I just have to say nothing and let them form their own conclusions. But I won't hide who I am. Done that long enough.