Thread: She asked

She asked

My wife asked what I would like for Father?s Day. My first reply was a manicure and it was met with an icy stare. I quickly decided not to try for a new purse and instead just replied that I was good to go. Perhaps I will learn my lesson and next year ask for a screw driver set. Perhaps in Rainbow colors?
    Anyone else get the Dads day of their dreams..

I'm glad I read your post before I asked that question at home. I was (might still!) ask for 6 hours, to do whatever comes to mind, I think that's not a lot to ask in a year!

I am getting a 10 day motorcycle trip across the North West. I would prefer a night out as Natalie with my wife and 3 other women.

Father’s Day is Father’s Day, not your birthday. My son and daughter are making me paella while I sit in the garden and sip G&Ts

What I found very useful regarding gifts, and probably most of us do, is to differentiate between you male and female personas.

My female persona for example is not a dad, so would make awkward to get something for this day.

In valentine?s, christmas, etc? we talk about gifts from Gi and for Gi and for and from my male persona.

Find that very helpful to talk and discuss in this terms.

For me, I've now reached the stage when it's really Grandpa'so Day, and what I'm most looking forward to this year is a great big cuddle from each of our 7 grandkids.
    And failingredients that a bottle of Irish whiskey!

Quote Originally Posted by Christie ann View Post
    My wife asked what I would like for Father?s Day. My first reply was a manicure and it was met with an icy stare. I quickly decided not to try for a new purse and instead just replied that I was good to go. Perhaps I will learn my lesson and next year ask for a screw driver set. Perhaps in Rainbow colors?
    Anyone else get the Dads day of their dreams..
    If I were you I would have asked for rain! Lots of it! Better yet, snow! My wife never asks me what I want anymore. Think she is afraid what I would answer.

I've been a father for almost eighteen years. And I've never had a Father's Day card or any recognition thereof.

I am not my wife's father, so I wouldn't expect anything from her on father's day.... if my (adult) daughter asked, my answer would certainly not be anything girly. Even if she did know about me, and was supportive, it would not be a girl day for me.

I got a card from my wife. Sometimes she does this, sometimes not. Thing is, we have no children together, but I have two from previous marriage and she has none. I find it best not to question acts of kindness. Usually Father?s Day my kids come over and I cook dinner ! But one is in the service about to deploy and one is in North Carolina.
    If you only knew the power of the pink fog! ~Joss

Yes Karren...a good snow storm would be just perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Natalie5004 View Post
    I am getting a 10 day motorcycle trip across the North West. I would prefer a night out as Natalie with my wife and 3 other women.
    I'd join you on the bike trip!

Gold Member
    I ordered myself a new skirt and top. Why not.

Platinum Member
    My wife and I exchange cards on Father's Day and Mother's Day. Gifts? After fifty years of marriage there is nothing either of us need or want that we would not buy on the spur of the moment. A long time ago I was always asked what I wanted for Father's Day or my birthday and I would be exact; what, where, etc. By the time anyone got around to buying it the things was gone. So, if I want something, when I see it, I buy it. It's the same with my wife. Buy it now! I let the kids figure it out. All I ask is "buy me a cup of coffee." "Or take me to a baseball game."

So, tomorrow everyone is headed to my house. I'll be doing the hamburgers and hot dogs although, if it is like usual, my son-in-law will push me away and he'll BBQ. For you youngsters, enjoy your dads (and moms) because you never know what tomorrow will bring.

Because I haven't seen my children in more than a decade, my wife knows fathers day is a day I'd rather just avoid. But if I asked for a pedicure, she'd take me. I'm lucky like that.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I'm sorry it's just wrong that a man can't go get his nails done. Many guys get manicures everyday. You should have asked for a mani pedi though. Nothing wrong with getting spoiled as a guy.

Platinum Member
    Hi Christie Ann, Lesson learned, Think before you speak, >Orchid**00**
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I had a truly great Day. We had a cookout over my brothers, my daughter came into town with her wife and my granddaughter. I got to wear the "Pride" shirt that my wife had picked out for me. My brothers looked at me a little funny, but then I explained it was I had pride for my daughter. Told my son I was proud of him too, for his own reasons. I spent most of the day in the pool with the grandkids and around family.

How can life get much better !

Jennifer,

I agree w/you, had my mani/pedi on Friday w/gel on mani..... It can't get any better....

Davina

There was a time not so long ago that I would feel like I was missing out because I can turn my cross dressing on and off like a light switch. Donuts and Happy Father?s Day wishes while dressed in male mode were greatly appreciated. Today I consider myself fortunate to be able to keep my dressing an infrequent private thing within the confines of a DADT. Not everyone is able to do that and it adds layers of complexity to an already challenging journey of life.