Thread: Another step

Another step

I have become increasingly comfortable in my femme persona as I noted previously. On Saturday I took what I consider another step. I wore a pride t-shirt along with a pair of my pink leggings to the gym. Now I always wear leggings but the color, combined with my shirt, made a statement; at least to me. Sort of a defining moment, if only a small one.

Not so small in my opinion. Good for you Angela!

Call me a cab...ernet!
    Great Angela! I agree with Elizabeth, as that was a pretty significant step!

As I become more and more comfortable with my feminine side I realize how integral it is to me. I used to say ?this is who I am and there is nothing I can do about it? Now I realize I DON?T want to do anything about it. A subtle change but important.

Banned Read only
    I can relate so much to this! I have also taken to wearing pride related clothing, and realised how important my trans side is.

Baby steps for me as well, but the more I show this side, the more confident and accepted I have felt.

Davina Katherine Davina Katherine's Avatar
    No matter how big or small, any and every step forward is a good thing!!!

Sounds like a cute outfit for the gym.

The more comfortable we get, the more we own it all, the more people will learn to accept us.

I was away this weekend, and wore some ballet flats and a diamond ring the whole time. It felt right. Until I got home and had to put it all away. Ahem.

Julie
    Inside my heart is breaking
    My make-up may be flaking
    But my smile still stays on

Julie,

Sounds like a fun weekend. I got a black onyx ring/silver (female) a couple of years ago and wear it most every day,

I love it when I get lovely comments on it...

Davina

A picture paints a thousand words.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

I love all the supportive comments here. As I proceed further into my journey my confidence increases. The next step? Nail polish. Can I do it? I think so.

I'm going to say congratulations as I think it's a bold step forward, yes so many great comments here.
    As many as 43 percent of all people with gender dysphoria attempt suicide in their lives. dont let yourself become part of that very tragic statistic.
    Balance-Dignity-Acceptance-Responsibility-

Angela,

Yes you can do nails even with gel. I've been doing mine for 5 years now with OPI Bubble Bath (one coat) and wife it OK it. See my comments
    in Crissy's nail text. (By the way I am underdressed only in public) I wish I could do leggings out and about. Won't happen against the rules.
    Never in pink, but I wear them at home all the time.

Davina

Did not have time to do nail polish this morning before the gym. I did put on a little lipstick; pinkish color so it matched my leggings. I just used a bit so I don?t think anyone noticed; but I knew. I feel as if I have reached a different level.

Silver Member
    I think you are right, that is a change when you move form nothing I can do about it to, I don't want to do anything about it, I remember making the realisation in myself some years ago and it was a defining moment, an inner peace and the ability to embrace who we are, a really nice feeling, as you rightly say an important change

Thanks for all the kind replies. I have thought about whether this is just another pink fog. But I don't think so. I never would have ventured out in very feminine outfits to the gym or store. I think I finally had to acknowledge that my feminine feelings were internal and not dependent on dresses, makeup, etc. That realization has given me the confidence to present myself as I see fit with little or no trepidation. I still love to dress and do my makeup; but Angela is more than that. Hope i'm making sense.

Yes!

And very helpful!
    Last edited by char GG; 06-22-2021 at 05:33 PM. Reason: No need to quote the post directly before yours