Thread: A strange week where the the desire to dress dropped off.

A strange week where the the desire to dress dropped off.

I've been back for a bit (see previous threads) where I've dressed at some point nearly every day for about five months, but suddenly last week the urge to dress dropped off completely. But I knew it would comeback.

So after five days it came back slightly, but I had things to do and couldn't really endulge. A day further on and bang, it's back with avengence and here I am dressed up to the nines.

I'll admit the drop off in urge coincided with work and other factors leaving me tired out, plus we've actually had some warm summer weather here in NE England. I'd ditched the underslip prior to the drop off in urge due to the warmth.

What do others do when the drop off in urge comes? Do you dress regardless or just go male mode while the urge is lessened or not there?

The bizarre thing was I was missing dressing while the urge wasn't there, but for unknown reasons couldn't be bothered.

It's almost as though my female persona Sue took the huff with me for some unknown reason, just like a real woman can do those effective silences.

Sue

Platinum Member
    Hi Sue , I know the Feeling, At 78.5 , Some days I am just too tired to even open the Closet door and get dressed,

>>>>>Orchid**00**
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    What do I do when the urge drops off?

I have no time to worry about that, Sue. Sherry is in such demand that my "urges" have nothing to do with her dressing!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Either it is too much of a good thing, or you just wore her out and she needed to take a vacation!

I find that the desire is pretty much the same but the need is squelched with other interest or inconveniences. Years ago I had to dress to the nines to feel complete and fulfilled as time moved on I started dressing more like my wife and the other women around me. And now I get the satisfaction and even that rush from being comfortable and blending. And if I don't feel the urge I just don't but I still want to just not enough to motivate me to do it. Think about it this way you want to enjoy the experience not have it become an obsession that you Have to Do. So dressing as Fran really is no more than dressing as my male self, I just get to enjoy my choice not feel compelled. As you said the urge will come back and usually as stated, with a vengeance. So enjoy being you and dress to suit your needs and mood.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

I have found over the years that my crossdressing desire is often related to stress. When I need to confront situations and/or calm myself, soft feminine underdressing provides a less aggressive reaction for me.

I dress anyway, even if I don’t feel like it. I’m always glad I did. Of course it helps that I don’t have any male casual clothing …

It happens.
    When it does it means that what I'm wearing may not be the most feminine of what's in my closet, but in all likelihood it's still not purely male. That's because 90% of what is in my closet is not male clothing anymore.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I am in a DADT and am cautious to the point that I only dress when my wife is out of town overnight. That is going to happen later this summer but a combination of things has dampened my desire to dress. I am not even underdressing anymore and have even skipped shaving at times. The change in my desire to dress actually doesn?t bother me as I consider it a temporary break from a crazy complicated double life. I?m sure it will come back at some point, hopefully not as strong.

I enjoy dressing when I am able to but this long absence has created an out of sight out of mind situation. The only thing I have done lately is stop by this forum every few days or so. It never goes away but I am enjoying this time where I?m not dwelling on it and feeling sorry for myself because I can?t dress. Enjoy it while it lasts because one never knows how intense it will be when it returns.

Sue, I don't dress as often as I'd like, but the desire seldom wanes. However I have other hobbies where my need to perform them changes on the season or other issues in my life. I really don't worry about it.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

The need to dress has come and gone many times in my life. At first I was worried (or maybe relieved) that the need was not there but I have learned it will come back. It always does.

I finally had a window of time last month that the coast was clear for a night and found that getting fully en femme was more work than pleasure. Happy enough with the results afterwards(Still can't get the eyes close to right, but I really had to motivate myself to get going.

[I]f the urge isn't there the thrill isn't either. I have had times when I was so excited about dressing. I had been shopping for clothes and make up and was ready to become Sallee but when the time came I stood there looking at the cloths, the makeup the padding and all of Sallee laid out ready to go and I just wasn't into it. I went out and did something different in guy mode. Thats happened before and I have forced myself to dress and go out but it just wasn't fun. I felt fine and probably looked okay, butit jst didn't feel right. All very strange. Some days I want to go dress and others I could care less
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

If I have something scheduled, Halloween for instance, I dress and go out whether I'm feeling it or not. Otherwise, if I'm not feeling it, I don't dress.

There are times I want to be just underdressed to make me feel good. Other times I want to be in a dress and all made up.
    The majority of the time I am in male mode. I go with the flow and don’t spend much time trying figure it out
    Last edited by Allieboy; 06-27-2021 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Spelling

I have to admit Sue is back and demanding of time as ever. She's obviously forgiven me, whatever I did.

She's seen my wages have been paid in and is snooping around Amazon for a few more items.

Sue

I go in cycles where I want to dress and times I don't. The last year I dressed very infrequently. Lately, I have been dressing everyday for the last couple of weeks and enjoying every minute of it. It's just normal for me and my be normal for you too.

Platinum Member
    It's been way too long since I have been able to be fully enfemme so my urge is strong. In the past the drop off in the urge was usually because I had been able to be fully en femme 24/7 for a number of days in a row. The need had been satisfied so Stephanie went back into the closet. Since Covid-19 lock downs started I have had zero quality femme time. The last time was New Years Eve of 2019 when my wife babysat overnight for our daughter at her apartment. One of the specific things I love to do when my wife is away is to go for a drive and evening stroll. I found the pent up demand for a stroll was quickly satisfied. It was great to feel the cool evening breeze caressing my legs as it played with my dress and slip. But with no place to really go I always retreated to home to actually get something done. I am looking forward to the next time my wife babysits overnight. New Years Eve of 2021? Delta, please go away!

As with most cds, and I am no exception, the desire to dress does drop off and thank goodness it always comes back. What I noticed about myself recently is that the last time it did drop off, I found myself constantly thinking about it and actually praying for it come back soon. When it did come back I was the happiest cd in the whole world. I hope the desire to dress never goes away again. I love it. Its part of me.

For me, it is interesting how the desire to dress has it's peaks and valleys, but the desire never goes away 100%. My wardrobe for the most part is never 100% male mode or en femme. There are times though, that I have to dress to the nines, to satisfy my need to be Deborah. I look forward to those occasions, and all the feelings that go with it.

I wouldn't even consider this unusual for whatever someone's motivation for making an effort is. Women can't be arsed half of the time and even addicts get bored.
    Maybe its just a case of its not you when you haven't had a snickers - which might not make any sense if you don't have that advert in the states. Essentially, my point is, wherever you sit on any spectrum of anything, the regular and mundane experiences of life often stop us from taking part in things we enjoy to do. That's a good thing or else we probably have an unhealthy fixation.
    The winds of change breeze through here and there but don't always wreck the town. Normal human experience.

My peaks and valleys are correlated to stress at work… plus some random behavior.
    This fact annoys a lot my girlfriend, she would prefer more regularity.

We even included in Gi’s new years resolutions a more balanced behavior through the year! I’m trying!

If that happened to me, which it hasn't, I'd guess that the novelty had worn off somewhat and something new would be in order. For me, the pool of opportunities to dress is much smaller than my wardrobe, so novelty seems to always be available.