Thread: Bizarre observation with knee injury???

Bizarre observation with knee injury???

Bizarre observation.

I've an old injury in my right knee, gained when I fell over while out running some years ago. To cut a long story short, I managed to nip the extreme right (lateral) egde of my menical cartilage on my right knee.

If I'm in flat shoes or trainers, I can feel it twinge.

If I'm in high heels, I hardly feel it at all.

It's almost as though the injury is an excuse to crossdress to take pressre off it.

Any physiotherapist types wish to give an explanation as I thought high heels increased pressure on the knees.

I'll add I've pronated feet.

Sue

Platinum Member
    Hi Sue , I mentioned this in another post that when I wear Heels it doesn't bother my knee like wearing flats does.

>>>>>>>>Orchid**00**
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I just recently posted this on another thread but I have a good friend from another site that wears heels all the time and she says it helps with back pain also.
    Crissy

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Interesting, Sue. I guess we're all different? I thot I broke my left knee I fell so hard on it tripping in the dark about a year and a half ago. Wearing heels or flats made no difference. No matter what, walking hurt and jogging was impossible!

It healed after about 6 months. Now, my rite knee is messed up! The doc tells me it's my meniscus and with care will heal in time. He has me doing leg exersizes. Which have helped. But, once again, no matter how hi my heels it doesn't affect my knee.

But, 4" + heels do wonders for my back! I can dance all nite in hi spikes! Less than an hour in low heels or flats!
    Last edited by char GG; 06-22-2021 at 04:56 AM. Reason: Sending PM
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Now everyone is going to go out and injure their knee just to get a slip from their doctor saying they have to wear heels!

Crissy,

Do you think our wife's would bye this!!! Probably not.

Davina

Sue,

As a fitness coach, studying to be a personal trainer, I offer this. Perhaps in heels, the midline of your body weight is shifted slightly. This may be relieving the knee pain, and pressure. It also may be pointing to a muscle imbalance between the front and back of your legs. I recommend you add some leg strengthening exercises, that target your quads, hamstrings, and calves. Another sneaky cause of knee pain can be tight, or weak, iliotibial bands, the tendon that goes from the outside of your knee to your hips. A foam roller is good for mobilizing that band.

Julie
    Inside my heart is breaking
    My make-up may be flaking
    But my smile still stays on

Plantar flexion (pointing your toe, as happens
    when wearing high heels) means your calf muscle
    is shortened, and a portion of the calf (gastrocnemius)
    originates on the medial and lateral femoral
    condyles, so the relative positions of the femur
    and tibia could shift, thus decreasing stress on
    the meniscus. I am not a doctor, but in
    another lifetime I used to study this sort of
    thing. 😊

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Now everyone is going to go out and injure their knee just to get a ***slip*** from their doctor saying they have to wear heels!
    Doctors handing out ladies undergarments?

Now there's a thought!!!

Sue

Aspiring Member
    Now you need a prescription form your doctor for HHs. Sherrii

You don't have to injure our knee to find scientific justification for wearing heels.

I stumbled on an article last night explaining that having your knees raised above your hips while taking care of certain business not often discussed in mixed company, makes said task more efficient and thorough; it aligns the pipes, so to speak.

So, wearing heels whilst doing said activity is actually good for you, and most of us do that task which shall not be named at least once if not twice a day.

In other words, wear 'em if ya got 'em, ladies, and the higher the better; it's for your health...

Even your wife can't argue with science. Ok, that last bit was something of a stretch, we all know they can argue with anything, and aren't required to explain why, but at least we have science on our side now.
    Last edited by ShelbyDawn; 06-25-2021 at 09:48 AM.
    I am Me and Me is OK!

Shelby

As Sandy Clifton pointed out, there is some medical explanations for this phenomenon, but I can confirm from first hand experience that wearing heals helps with Plantar fasciitis. Fortunately for my foot, being in Texas, I could wear my boots and achieve the same relief from the pain as when I was dressed and wearing high-heels.
    I am what I am and also what I am not!