Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Still living among Neanderthals.

All those who have never said anything mean or nasty about another individual or group please raise your hand. Better to learn from seeing this behaviour in others than to take to the pulpit.

Then there is the other most simplest reason;

There are just mean, unhealthy life state people out there.
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

Bigotry is "deplorable". Period. Defending it as an "opinion" does not make it otherwise.
    Last edited by Aunt Kelly; 06-25-2021 at 02:23 PM.

I think you missed Linda's point (and a few others who concur like AngelaYVR), which is about the fact that anyone can be another one's Neanderthal.
    If you don't want to talk to these persons, fine. As for for myself, I think there's more hope in discussion than exclusion.
    P.S. Poor Neanderthals. In no way were they stupid in reality. Like being extinct wasn't enough...
    Last edited by DianeT; 06-24-2021 at 05:32 PM.

Diane,

Not so much extinct as evolved and perhaps that is the great hope. That as time moves on attitudes change.

As acceptance and tolerance grows the nasties find themselves ever more isolated. Fewer like minded souls to club together with. However that can make those remaining more dangerous as they lash out at the thing they see as challenging their beliefs.

There are two big cities, Liverpool and Manchester that are not that far geographically apart. Manchester has a reputation as an LGBT friendly city. Not true of Liverpool. However in recent weeks a number of assaults on Gay men in Liverpool has seen significant numbers of people protesting out on the streets against that sort of behaviour. A show of solidarity. So perhaps things can evolve.

I have little body hair. If someone comments about it I just point out that some of us have moved further along the evolutionary ladder away from our primate ancestors.

He has every right to think, say and offend whatever and whomever he wants. So do you if you want to challenge him.

Indeed.. you are completely correct Lexi. I hate describing myself as masculine. I love feeling like a girl or at least thinking that this is what a girl feels like. I am one person, not two. I am not shy about shopping because I feel that I am in the right place for a girl like me. It is confusing and dishonest to deny our femininity.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

The one that is the most vocal is often the one that is most curious!