Thread: Being a hero?

Aspiring Member Barbara Joanne74's Avatar
    Oregon, South of Portland, North of Salem

Being a hero?

Today I was scrolling through IG and came across this post that my closest CIS GF put up .
    IMG_20210629_143925_334.jpg

It had me in tears realizing she was talking about me. She holds me up as having so much courage to be who I am. She knows how insecure I am, how I long to have a body that outwardly matches who I am on the inside. How I wish I could look even half as beautiful as she does. The pics I send her, are from the insecure Barbara begging for fashion and makeup advice, just wanting to be accepted as a woman.

I am blessed to have so many people in my life that help build me up and help me to overcome my insecure feelings. It's not often I feel like I am the one to be looked upon as a hero. I am glad I was today.

Barbara

I wish I had your courage! I also work in a male dominated macho world...

Aspiring Member Barbara Joanne74's Avatar
    Oregon, South of Portland, North of Salem
    Dalearden,
    It has been a long road to get where I am today. However, Barbara is closeted most of the time. For me to live as Barbara all the time, would cost me my marriage, kids and family. Surprising enough, my work as an organization, and the majority of the employees would support my transition

Barbara Joanne, Absolutely awesome post! I loved it, every bit of it!
    Crissy

Platinum Member
    Barbara, I totally understand the cost/benefit analysis. Its valid to make concessions to protect those people most important in your life. And you know, I find it interesting that your organization is supportive. I found that in my own life. The people most accepting are those I worked with. Of course, they have a professional, not personal stake in my life.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Barbara as someone else mentioned, I understand that cost benefit analysis and not wanting to hurt loved ones, it occurred to my the other day, how ironic it is that one of the most masculine things to do is sacrifice for my wife and child.

Hi Barb, I am in the same position as you, my daughter and grand daughter as well as one of my wifes friends know of my extracurricular hobby/life as well as my wife (begrudginly) and probably a few neighbors as when I come and go I don't bother concealing my identity but I don't get time to express myself as much as I would like (like all the time) as it would surely not end well but we are at an impass and we must make the best of what we can/have. I have known about my preferences since I was a toddler - it just was not expresses in those days and could never be acted upon openly. I have had many adventures in the past and hopefully more to come.

take care and know you are not alone.....................Debra