Thread: My progress continues

My progress continues

Yesterday I went to work wearing a pair of black denim leggings. I was scared, apprehensive but I knew it was something I had to do. No one said anything which frankly I prefer. I just don't think gender orientation should be a big deal one way or another. It is just who we are. But the real surprise, at least to me, was not the reaction of others. It was mine. I felt a certain calmness. Perhaps it was because I was, in a small way, publicly acknowledging what I had held back for so long. Now I'm not going to go into work tomorrow with painted nails, lipstick, etc. Not that I wouldn't want to lol. But everyone has to find their comfort level. Yesterday was it for me.

Good for you Angela. Happy to hear you are doing well.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

Angela, That was a great step forward and I am so happy for you!
    Crissy

Call me a cab...ernet!
    You are so courageous Angela. Congratulations!!!

Platinum Member
    I am glad to hear that the slow emergence is working for you. I wonder if it would be advisable to visit with HR or whomever supervises you to let them know what is going on.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Little steps, baby steps work the best! Congrats! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

I don't wear leggings or pants that would be noticeable out and about or to work, but I've had my nails done, all sorts of shapes, colors and styles, for almost two years straight. Only been asked about them twice from co-workers.

Congratulations on the expansion of your comfort zone!
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

Good for you Angela1954, I'm so envious. I wear skinny black Levis jeans with heeled boots and some make-up which is easy when you wear a mask all day. I'm happy with that at the moment as i feel good oh yeah and I have stocking and panties under there too...which helps lol

Still continuing my journey. continuing to wear my jean leggings (leggings) to work. My next step is nail polish, if I have courage. One step at a time.