Thread: roomies?

roomies?

I had an "out of the blue" thought this morning and thought I'd see what you good folks think.

Have you ever been - or know anyone who has been in a "roommate" situation with another T(whatever) person?
    I'm not talking about any romantic or sexual arrangement - just "roomies."

At first, it sounds like an ideal situation, but I can also imagine it getting messy or "complicated" pretty easily.

Does anyone have any thoughts, life experiences, or second-hand stories you'd like to share?

I do not think I could live with another trans person or someone that also crossdressed. Just because this is such a personal hobby. Even if they wore the same size I would still like to live alone. Sounds kind of weird when I say it out loud.

Platinum Member
    Never happen. I could not live successfully with women that I loved. I would never even consider living with someone for any other reason, even if we had a common interest.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

My good friend shesadvl, who has worked with trans people in the theatre industry, assures me that it would never work. Vicious fights would certainly ensue.

Platinum Member
    That sounds like a Blueprint for disaster,
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Interesting idea. It would have to be the ideal two people. If it were two guys, could one become attracted to the feminized room mate? Going out together? Not good. If it were a guy and a girl and they developed feelings, would the CDing become a problem? I can't quite picture a winning scenario.

How about this: Two MtF crossdressers sharing a flat, but they share a mutual, two-way DADT setting! There could be a story in this, LOL.

I know some transgender women who have done it. It actually seemed to be working out well for them. They were a kind of support system for each other. They were still sharing an apartment the last time I saw them.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

I never had the experience but I imagine it would work a lot better for an experienced older friends than a couple of young ins fresh out of grad school.
    Just for thought purposes, I figured if my relationship with my spouse ended due to divorce or death, I might want to still live with someone who might want a mutual friend to be around for support.
    A lady would be my first choice, for sure...but finding a open minded older lady is pretty rare but very desirable!
    A CDing friend would be a desirable roommate if you want to continue to be your feminine self, anytime you want and you do not want to be alone.
    For me, I was alone for a good 10 years on and off, presenting in femme, at times, unable to share my thoughts or experiences with anyone close.
    Being a crossdressing single bachelorette, living on your own, is not much fun!
    It's nice to be able to count on a friend to take you to the doctor or pick you up if your car breaks down.
    A CD friend who might like to play music, share a hobby, or help with domestic chores.
    I suppose the other person would also be discrete but tolerate one another...you have to be easy going.
    I think I could roommate with you, if you model railroad, play a musical instrument, enjoy sports cars, fruity wines, shopping, and being in the company of another.
    Candice Coleen Kowal ....all my friends call me Candy!

I have two stories. A husband/wife couple, either psychologists or psychiatrists, had a large house and rented out two rooms to a couple of young girls. One was out of the Navy and the other was about to go graduate school in Arizona. I met both at the going away party for the one heading off to Arizona. This was about 5 or 6 years ago.

There are several older girls, 60+, living together in a house. I am not sure what the arrangement is, but they help out maintaining the property. I believe they have been together at least 10 years.

My ftm partner lives with a mtf trans girl as room mates. It is like a normal roommate situation. Some days things are good others not so much.

A friend of mine, Jennifer, went to Palm Springs recently for an event, and ask me and my wife, to join her and her wife as the room was paid for and could sleep 4. I couldn't make it. I received photos of the room. there were cloths every where, all over the bed, on the floor. The bathroom/dressing area had clothes and makeup and most everything else. I wrote back saying there would not have been enough room for any of my stuff. Jennifer stated she had the room so why not use it. She also told me that if I had come, she would have been more contained. We will see as we are all going to Diva Las Vegas in October. The spouse are only planning to take two outfits each and hit the thrift stores, that leaves Jennifer and I to fill up the rest of the room.

As far as having a room mate goes I think it sounds good. There would be total freedom to cross dress wouldn't there?
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder