Thread: Ever have this happen to you?

Ever have this happen to you?

I met up with a sister from here for coffee, donuts and a chat. Had a real nice time getting to know each other. After we split, I needed to use the restroom and notice a Target store at the other end of the parking lot.
    I parked and walked in, turned left heading for the restrooms. First door on the right was women's. I entered as I was fully dressed. No one else was there, I entered the last stall. I few seconds later I heard the door open, someone walked to the end and pushed on the door of the stall I was in. Footsteps, hear the door open. Door opens again, someone enters the stall next to me. Door opens again, hear the water turn on and the blower start and stop. Person next to me finishes, water starts stops, door opens. I finish and exit the stall only to notice a Target employee leaning against the wall next to the door. I believe she gave me a once over, I washed my hands, stepped to the blower next to me. When I turned around again the employee was gone.
    I can't really imagine what she thought. She said nothing, I said nothing. I don't know what to think about her action.
    Any thoughts?

First time I had to use the woman’s room.

Walk in, no one.

Do my business, step out of stall. A woman is exiting the stall to my right. I'm thinking, just deal with it.

Only the woman to my right says something like "that's a pretty dress".

Not what I expected.

What I really think is the employee's reaction was nothing about you, but she was stalling before she had to go back to work.

Platinum Member
    I agree. The employee was not there to check on you.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

A few years ago Target made a big deal about letting customers use the rest room the identify with. At the time, the right wing made a big fuss but I don’t think that changed anything and as far as I know Target is still On board. I agree that the employee was just getting back to work slowly.
    I know it is a small sample size, but I haven’t had issues using the woman’s room while dressed. Even that time I waltzed in to find a line for the two available stalls. We just all chatted until our turn came, washed hands and then when we encountered each other while shopping continued the conversation.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    We could probably guess 100 different scenarios for the Target lady, Michelle. And, they'd ALL be wrong!

In my experience? If u want to know what's up with someone, u ask them! U could have easily started a chat as u 2 were all alone. Something like, "Hey, r u on break or is it a quiet day so far?" Etc, etc!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Yes, we don't know what she was thinking or doing in there. And it really doesn't matter, she said nothing to me, nor did I say anything to her.
    She may have just been stretching her potty break, I just thought it was odd. I only made a very quick eye contact and got a blank or angry stare, but then nothing came of it.
    Thanks for all your comments. I had a great meeting and a good afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    I agree. The employee was not there to check on you.
    OR, she was looking for a little extra curricular activity!!

I'd say she was following to make sure nothing else was going on, I've been followed twice, both were late night on an interstate at the rest stop. No comment was made but they were clearly making sure nothing other than regular business was happening.

I've come to the conclusion, ladies toilets are in a different dimension. Time warps and worlds collide.

I've gone in some and I've been the only one in there. A minute later all stalls are full and there's a queue out the door.

As for the OP, there could be any number of explanations for the SA's actions. I guess you could put it down to one of those incidents that we tend to over think it.

If she had made a comment that was uncalled for then you could have reported her.
    She may have thought something but since she said nothing forget it.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Banned Read only
    I know at some of the local Targets there is a sheet on the wall indicating who and when the restroom was checked for cleanliness. She could have just been extending the time it took to stay off the selling floor. Although Target may have a positive track record or policy on the transgender bathroom issue that does not mean an individual is totally on board with the policy and is making sure you were using the facilities as intended. Several years ago a man was arrested for inappropriate behavior in a library women's restroom while in drag. He was setting up video recording equipment. Due to the homeless drug use issue my local libraries require everyone ask for the current code to the restroom doors.

I'm with Cheryl. Ferget about it. Employees issue, not yours. Great meeting.
    joank
    Southern California

I work in a supermarket, as a maintenance person. I live & work as a woman, 24/7 and spend a good portion of my day cleaning the restrooms.

Trust me, the employee was NOT checking on you.

One of my best "bathroom encounters" occurred @ 4 years ago, after I exited the stall and was washing my hands. A little ( like 4' 5" tall ) elderly woman was giving me the up & down, and I figured "uh-oh, here we go", when she asked me, "How tall are you?"

I replied, "In heels, 6' 4". She sighed and said " I wish I was taller." I laughed, and said "I wish I could let you have a a foot or so!"

at another time, in another ladies room, at the basins, another woman was eyeing me before telling me she liked my boots, and we had a lovely chat about footwear!

Moral of the story: It ain't always about YOU!
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

I frequently use women's restrooms while out and about. Only once have I ever gotten a second look, while at an Olive Garden a female employee came in as my wife and I were washing our hands. The woman gave me a good once over as I stood near the door drying my hands. When I noticed her in the mirror, she was staring very intently at my crotch (I'm sure looking for any hints of something extra). When our eyes met, I smiled politely, and my wife and I exited without incident. I chalk it up to a curiosity more than anything...no angry mob with pitch forks materialized as we left and headed to our car.
    Never forget that life is short. Whatever you believe, there's no guarantee of tomorrow or a second chance, so live your life the way you want! Be kind to yourself, be kind to others, and let's make this world a little brighter together!

I will use the family restroom.

Just remember, whatever the blurb is on the corporate website, it's subject to interpretation by the local store, not expecting it to be persued. We have had a number of members harassed in stores even though the corporate website said the opposite.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Platinum Member
    Hi Michelle , I think that you are just Overthinking the situation , >Orchid**00**
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

She probablpy was not thinking of you
    Just the Girl Next Door
    my ad V
    V

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrissiej

Probably just an employee hiding from the boss for a bit.