Thread: *bangs on closet door*

*bangs on closet door*

Anyone able to help me out of here? Hehe. Well girls I've decided to try to come out, at least a little bit for now. I was hoping to tell my mom tonight, but realized how bad I suck at putting thoughts into words, so needless to say nothing happened. I was hoping I could get some advice from you girls that have discussed this with someone, and how you brought the subject about. Would appreciate any help!
    BIG HUGS!
    Suzanna

I'm still looking for the closet door, but good luck to you!

I wish you all of the luck. I have no idea how I would break that news to my mother. She's finally gotten around to telling me that she's proud of me. I'd hate to take that away from her. No telling how she'd react. Nope, not me. Good luck!

clarissa3d

advice

hey Suzanna,

With out knowing what your relationship is with your mother it can be a little difficult to say how to start. I can say how I would have done with my mother. (she passed away 4 years ago)
    I would start with saying that I love you and you have always showed me how to be open minded with othes and not to judge them just because of differences. I would tell her that I am and always be her child. I have apart of me that is kind of like my sisters.
    I hope this helps

I guess I can add this input. Once, a few years ago, my mother somehow got the idea that I was gay. To this day I have no idea where this came from, perhaps she saw something of my femme personality. But she told me that no matter what, I was her child and she would always love me.

I keep that in mind if I ever decided to come out. If.

How far do plan on going is the first question. Unless I was planning to live as a female for long periods of time I do not know if I would say anything to mom. Maybe I'm wrong but be sure you can handle the results before you say anything.

Me and my mom are fairly close, she knows my friends, talks with me about anything (almost! hehe). As far as I'd like to take this, I was hoping to be able to move ahead a good ways and get to dress more often and maybe not have to hide my things if she reacts ok. Thanks for you help so far hopfully I can get this started sometime.
    BIG HUGS!
    Suzanna

Suzanna, I am very close to my mom, but I am still struggling to find the right words too. My dad sort of knows, but was not too supportive (hah!) and essentially told me not to tell my mom because she would freak. How is that for a pickle?

Good luck!

Love,
    Vicky
    just strolling along the boardwalk of life!
    John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
    http://www.vickysplace.co.za/

That is quite a pickle Vicky. Oh well, I'll keep thinking (it hurts, but I'll keep going for now!) and let you girls know if anything turns up.
    BIG HUGS!
    Suzanna

I've never told my mother Suzanna, but being calm and direct might be the way to go. Sit down with her and look her in the eye and tell her you need to say something very personal and very important. Watch her face for reactions if she remains silent as you speak. The most important thing is to remain calm.
    Good luck.
    Sharon
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

StephanieCD
    I don't want to be rude or anything - I certainly don't mean to be - but why would you want to tell your mother? Mine's the last person I'd tell for some reason. I can see that being the icing on the cake, ya know? My friends would accept me first, and probably be easier to tell since they're more "expendable" compared to family. I'd be terrified to tell my mom... of course my dad once told me some interesting things and I distinctly remember a Halloween he went out in drag - I wonder...

But, back to the topic - really, wouldn't you want to start easy? Maybe tell a stranger and work your way up or something? Starting with MOM to me is impressive is the cajones department.

Again, not being rude - just want to understand, ya know?

I'm still trying to figure out how to talk about this with my wife... oh boy, I don't want to loose the family we've created together, on the other hand what fun we could have shopping together. I've read some posts regarding couples divorcing over this kind of thing and I worry, So look on the bright side your mom will always be your mom and you with always be her child wheather son or daughter. Sorry, I'm not much help however Julie makes some great points be honest, sincere and calm, I thing you'll find that moms have a special understanding for their children.

Thanks Julie and Paula! I'll try to keep rehersing (spelling?) what I'll say to her. Funny you said I was born this way (just recently when I came to this board I have accepted this and already feeling so so good!) but before I was actually born and they were using those screens and such, they said I would be a girl ! My mom even had the little dresses and name picked out for me. I hope it goes well with you telling your family Julie, that's a real toughy too.
    To Stephanie...the reason I chose my mom first is I know she is far more understanding than any of my friends, and has constantly showed me that with my ideas and opinions. I actually did tell one girl friend back in like the 7th grade or something when I was first into underwear and she just brushed it off and we didn't say anything else about it besides me telling her. It has just seemed to me that I'm tired of having to hide this from her, and would rather her be told by me and walking in on me, or finding my hidden things.
    BIG HUGS!
    Suzanna