Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What if you woke up as a woman?

When I was a young man, a friend said I'd make a cute girl. So, if I could go back to 18 the answer would most likely be yes.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    24 hours is hardly a fair trial period for such a life changing choice. That said, as I think it would be life changing and I enjoy my current life. Then the answer is clearly that I would revert back to male after perhaps the happiest 24 hours of my life. But would I? Only those 24 hours would let me know. There was a time when I was younger, when I would definitely have said remain as a female. Oh boy life is complicated and I suspect may always be on a knife edge for those close to the tipping point. As long as I have the love of my life I will remain loyal to her, what ever my personal feelings, we are stronger as a team.

As long as we are fantasizing, I would wake up as a pretty, 30 something, unattached lesbian. I would be girlie with a taste for modest but very feminine clothes. My attraction to women and from women would be intense and satisfying in every way

At different times in my life I would have answered differently. Having 24 hours may have even changed the initial response. Right now I can say without a doubt I'd remain a woman. Being as I live as one now what would really change? I wouldn't need hormones or surgery and to me thays a win.

Quote Originally Posted by ambigendrous View Post
    To turn this in to a nightmare: what if you woke up as a woman, but were still a crossdresser, so all you wanted to wear were men's clothes? AAUGH!
    You made my day

If I were looking at 30, as opposed to 60...yeah I might stay.

Would you read a book about this?

If everything was the same I would stay female. I'm to old to change now.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Quote Originally Posted by laurie103 View Post
    Would you read a book about this?
    If so, try Robert A. Heinlein's classic of half a century ago, I Will Fear No Evil.

Well, it looks like I might have a long weekend to try out the question! I do know I will be running to the closet and not wasting one minute of the hopefully 48 hours, first thing will be to put my things in the right drawers, on go the nails and then, who knows? Ideas very willingly accepted, please feel free to share.

Only if i could keep the mind of a crossdresser to remember the thrill i had of dressing, would not want to lose that. Oh the fun x

Wow!! I would throw out all my male clothes and go shopping to fill my closet and drawers up with the prettiest and most feminine clothes

well stated

When I was young, maybe 9 or 10, I would fall asleep wishing this would happen. That I would wake to a reflection in the mirror that was really a girl.
    At that age it wasn't because of sex, or even an understanding of what stages of growth a girl would experience.
    I just wanted to be a girl!
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I'm 99.9% sure I'd remain female! I'd certainly make the most of the 24 hours to help me decide.

It would be a tough one to explain to the coworkers, though.

Dana

Hi Laurie,
    If everything was working then a shag would be my top priority. Would have my work cut out but would love to give it my best shot. I could decide in the afterglow or otherwise.
    Shaz

It would depend on how I looked and how I felt about how I looked. If it happened when I was 20 yrs old, I would have never gone back. Pushing 64 yrs old , I don't know.

Not to be a downer But, the way some men treat women SuXXs and my wife said she felt unsafe so many times from things men would yell to her.
    I feel if I wear a woman I'd be a lesbian!
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

I would love to wake up as a woman!!!

Like Judy, if i wake up a women, i probably live with another woman .
    Wanting something is a fantasy which on a long time period clouds your mind and makes you think you need it.

Rayleen

Sure I would try it for a day,
    But honestly women have a tough life, not sure I could do it full time
    They work all day long, come home take care if the kids, cook dinner, do laundry, clean house, ect
    Being a woman, is pretty hard work.

But it would be nice to just walk around dressed as I prefer for a day,
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

When I was younger, it was all I wanted to be. Just like June Cleaver!
    Today, I wouldn't do it as I got comfortable presenting either gender!
    I like the fact I could go "Incognito" to all my male friends and visa versa.
    I could be heterosexual and be a loving husband and not being hit on by guys who like my girly attributes.
    The girl side likes to escape the rigors of physical manly responsibilities.
    I like being pampered in contouring silky clothes, reminiscing about my youth, and being fashionable.
    BOTH....suits me fine, during these "Golden Years!"
    Candice Coleen Kowal ....all my friends call me Candy!

I kind of have woken up as a woman, and it was interesting. Not a female, but otherwise a woman, in that I literally had a woman's personhood which was quite different from my 'man' person. Manhood seemed so remote that it was not me anymore, and as a woman I wanted to be around men and other women were more drab, in the sense of just being more versions of me - and in the binary cosmos the men were the mysterious and interseting ones.

I felt the gender performance directions very clearly within- the social rules for behavior that took my feminine nature and consolidated it into a second class citizenship, and that was a real bummer. I could literally feel how so many females clearly feel- frequently butting up against the boundaries of how much just ordinary assertiveness is allowed, and the cultural and age-old division of labor in which I existed.

It was strange, since I really no longer felt compelled to fix things, which I vaguely could remember used to be very fun and satisfying. I felt how easy it was to let men run around and do all the active things they do. I felt my emotions perfectly available and yet sort of the badge of being relegated to housework and finding what company and solace could be found with other women.

I felt my body just as a body, and the ordinary worries of wanting to be seen as attractive and desirable, and the burden of chasing youthful cuteness. I felt though a compensatory pride in being able to feel and observe clearly, and that while men were going to make all sorts of mistakes, I might be able to help some be more humane or find an emotional harbor.

I felt my dresses were no longer magic, and that all my clothes were like various messages- and most of them were to myself, and some were going to be successful to others, and many would be subject to wearisome judgment. I accepted all this, since I do identify at core as a woman, but I, having lived as a man, also know how to be a tomboy and navigate better.

I had to pull back out of being a woman for the sake of my wife, but I need to get back - to find a way to go there and return, to salve the chronic pain of separation from my feeling of identity..

Sometimes I think I may be able to rewire my psyche and realize that all the emotions and psyche that were suppressed can be had as a male, and in that world my maleness would be the best companion for the woman I found myself as, as well.
    We are all beautiful...!

Thinking about the question some more, I?d still probably do it. I?ve always felt an unease within myself like something isn?t matching. I?ve always looked at people with envy knowing they probably have that part figured out. Like maybe if I did I?d be happier or more successful or something because that storm inside makes everything else more difficult to handle.

24 hours is not long enough... being somewhat "in the middle", I would love to see what it would be like but, being 60 and long past the age of being able to truly enjoy being female for the rest of my life... I would not switch. If I was 25 and switched, then give me 3 to 6 months to try it out!