Thread: How would you dress

How would you dress

Yesterday was one of those lazy days, I sat on my porch and just tried to relax. I always notice the lady across the street but yesterday being out all day I noticed her dressing habits.
    She was watering her plants first thing in the morning with a jean skirt, lacy white tank top and a black sandle. She then went shopping and she changed into a summer dress and white sandle with a small heel. When she got back she washed her car with a shorter jean skirt with white sneakers.
    Later in the afternoon she went out with her daughter wearing a long summer dress, and again a low heel sandle. Last night she came by to talk to my wife wearing a different summer dress and another low heel. I told my wife what I noticed all day, she was probably over dressed all day but because of her choice of heels and what she put with it she actually always looked very casual and comfortable. I told my wife I can't even remember the last time I seen her in a skirt or dress and how if I was a women I would be as the lady across the street always wearing beautiful summer dresses and casual skirts.
    My wife asked me if I was hinting something it's not going to happen she not going to put on a dress or skirt.
    I have to bribe her with a night out or dinner out for her to wear a dress and I told her how from my point of view how lucky women are to have such beautiful selection and she doesn't take advantage of it.
    I believe if I was a women I would dress like the women across the street with summer dresses and skirts just doing every day things and I believe I would feel comfortable.
    What type of women would you be, a women like the one across the street from me summer dresses and skirts or would you be more of a track pants, capri pants and only dresses on special occasions like my wife. Just wondering
    Last edited by Maria 60; 07-02-2021 at 10:33 PM.

While working around the house it loose shorts and T-shirt. I would nicer things going out, but I wouldn't be changing every time I left or changed tasks! She must do 4 loads of laundry DAILY!
    "Out of ALL the thing I have lost, it's my mind that I miss the most"

Aspiring Member
    My Michelle side is very feminine. I would always wear makeup. In the Summer I would wear short shorts or dresses/skirts and feminine blouses. Would love to wear speggettie strap tops with no bra! Love a wedge sandal or strappy sandals with. 2-3 inch heels. When I go out to eat or shop always a nice dress/ skirt. Sometimes shorts or skinny jeans. In colder weather, a nice dress/skirt with hose or tights, heels or boots with heels.
    Michellecd9999

I believe I would probably wear shorts and tee shirts working in the yard. Most likely I would wear the sundresses and flats or low wedges for shopping. And dress up for special occasions.

Albuquerque, NM (SE of there in mountain foothills)
    Sneakers, shorty denim shorts and a tee or cami top for yard work, or washing the car.

Mini sun dress and wedge sandals for daytime outings (at least dreaming of how I would dress). Oh, sneakers, mini skort and activewear top my choice for a game of tennis or a round of golf.

Since I am a woman, a transwoman, I dress how I want when I want. When I first went full time I went the casual route with several different types of women's Bermuda shorts and a large variety of short sleeve tops. That was perfect for my everyday wear. If visiting friends or going out to dinner I could easily take it up a few notches by wearing a skirt and nice top or a dress, and sometimes wear nice slacks and tops. Last summer, after my BA I started wearing more sun dresses during the day. This year it has been almost entirely sun dresses, summer shifts, both short or long. Today I am wearing some tight fitting hippy style bell bottom pants with a black tank top.

That is how I dress now, and that is exactly how I want to dress, and I do dress down when I feel like it too.

What do others wear where I live and at the places where I frequent? They wear shorts, tights, sweats, jeans and very rarely a skirt or a dress. So, I do stand out and get noticed and that is also exactly what I want!

Allie

I can honestly say like the lady across the street. I almost always have on a dress or a skirt. The next choice is a skort if I need some modesty then shorts and if I have to some sort of long pants. I wore pants to the interview I had yesterday because I didn't think a skirt was appropriate but right after changed to a summer dress. Today it's a denim skirt at a summer top. Shoes vary depending what I'm doing.

Banned Read only
    I'd be a mixture. I really like to be dressed smart, be that male or female mode. I also like to blend in, so I'll be wearing whatever is appropriate for my age.

I'll always wear a dress if the opportunity presents, but honestly I'm at home in anything.

Tomorrow I'll be wearing my floral high waisted trousers with heels and, a denim jacket and black handbag. I'm only going to meet a friend, but that's my style.

I've pondered this question before. I think for me it's all too easy to say that I would be wearing dresses and skirts all the time, having the freedom to do so. In reality, I think it would be a mixture, and I would probably be more like my wife; happy to be in dresses and skirts, but also happy to be in jeans or slacks. I would probably wear dresses and skirts less frequently than I imagine.

Last year I wore short shorts and a crop top.
    I've been wearing a mauve skort. This thread reminded me to find the pink skort that I bought but somehow misplaced.
    I also been wearing knee length golf shorts. They have pockets. With fitted golf polos that show off my hourglass figure.

Indoors I'll typically wear a juniors top and denim shorts.

Marion
    Last edited by Maid_Marion; 07-03-2021 at 01:09 AM.

Platinum Member
    That's easy for me to answer. I do not own one pair of anything that resembles pants. It's 100% dresses for me. When our back yard was more secluded than now I always wore a summery dress to tend to the flowers; above the knee down to ankle length. Inside it has always been dresses. From sweater dresses on the cold days of winter to those summer dresses in warm weather. I did my domestic chores in dresses; laundry, ironing, vacuuming, baking, meal preparation, etc. She has complained that I never clean the bathroom. I admit when en femme I haven't. If I did give it some thought I'd probably do that chore in bra, panty and a camisole top.

When I was growing up in the 1950's and 1960's the women around me wore nothing but dresses. There was one woman who was shunned because (1) she was divorced, and (2) she wore pants. I don't know which was worse. Young girls wore dresses. I know it must have been different in other places.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I'm not a woman, Maria. Simply a CD! As such, when I dress I usually want to look attractive, sexy!

So, if I were a woman I mite want to present that way sometimes to get attention.
    Other times, not so much!

At home alone I would likely wear loose, comfy, and sloppy work clothes!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    One of things I perhaps enjoy most about cross dressing, is I can change my clothes 10 times and then go back and try something else.

In male mode I might change for physical exercise, but other wise it's all pretty samey boring wear it for any activity all day. I have learnt over the years, to change into a peacock, (as my wife calls it) for evenings at the theta. Women have so much more freedom to wear what they what when they want Sphinx one minute, business women the next. Perhaps if society/men could adapt to do the same then there would be less need to cross dress.

I wouldn't be someone who changed outfits frequently for different chores that's for sure.
    I don't like doing laundry that much!

I'd just be your average woman, wearing average clothes, but always with a touch of makeup and always with my nails done.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Hi Maria,

If it will make you feel better the last time my wife wore a dress was 21 years ago on our wedding day.

I would dress for the day and not change outfits so frequently.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

Judging by what I do now, I tend to change 3x a day when I dress all day. From 8 am to 4 pm. I still need to find better clothes.

I tend to prefer shorts and a fem tee with cap sleeves until after breakfast, then it?s my outfit of the day which is usually a cold shoulder top over a skirt, if I go out it?s girls jeans or shorts and a top that doesn?t fool girls but that men don?t notice. If the shorts are long I?ll wear thigh highs as they need to be adjusted frequently and this keeps me feminine .

Platinum Member
    Hi Maria , When I dress it is all the way Feminine, >Orchid**OO**
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Silver Member
    None of the women on our street wear dresses unless it is for luncheons or some event. I wear women's tops, shorts jeans. If I dress up to go somewhere I wear what I have on. I do have a couple jean skirts and have worn one to the neighbor's house when she needed something. I think many of the neighbors know how I dress.

I dress according to my mood... sometimes it's just yoga pants and a loose top. Other times a casual skirt and top or a LBD. When I'm really feeling fem, a dress, heels, makeup... the whole 9 yards!