Thread: A wedding

A wedding

Hello Ladies,
    I attended a wedding last weekend. Of course in drab.
    Obviously I had a wonderful time, enjoyed every minute of it. When I returned home that evening I went all melancholy. I laid awake staring at the ceiling thinking about the wedding and how I would never be able to attend a wedding wearing a beautiful gown, have my hair done or have immaculate makeup, let alone being a bride or bridesmaid.
    Do any of you ladies ever feel like this after attending a formal social occasion?

Rosie

Aspiring Member
    Sadly all too often. Know the feeling.
    Vikky
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adventure before dementia

Yup, whenever I have to attend an event in a suit, I always wish I was instead, getting dressed to the nines in a pretty dress or gown. So much more fun than the "monkey suit."
    If your not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room.

Platinum Member
    Of course, its something we all experience?that God, I wish I could wear that moment. What occurred to me as I read this is how we can see something we like, admire, or even envy a bit, and instead of taking some small pleasure in its existence, turn it into regret. I do this too, but it also occurred to me that its a screwed up thought process. Just the phrasing of I am sad that I will never ?.. needlessly turns a pleasure into a pain.

I am depressive by nature. I also know that it is a self-imposed mental state, and sometimes I can bring myself to reconsider and rephrase.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I have two weddings in the next four months. Fortunately one is a gau wedding and the other one party is transgender and I am expected to come as myself. Also just got to go to a second chance prom and wear a beautiful gown. So although in the past I had, I no longer do. My advice get involved with the LBGTQIA community even if you don't identify as such and there will be opportunities to dress as you wish for events.

Platinum Member
    Hi Rosemary , I just enjoy seeing all the lovely ladies in their beautiful dresses, >Orchid**OO**
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Albuquerque, NM (SE of there in mountain foothills)
    I would love to participate as a bridesmaid in a wedding. Bucket list dream, alas.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Rosemary, some years ago I graduated from dreaming about these things. Now, I do what they suggested in Rocky Horror, "Don't dream it, be it!"

Sherry's last wedding was in 2019!

22P1400190 (640x608).jpg
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 07-04-2021 at 03:16 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Thanks ladies for all the replies, and thanks for the photo, Doc!
    As we all know the best way to get over the melancholy is to go shopping so I went out and bought myself a new dress and some make up. I feel a lot better now

I was dating a GG for a while and she knew all about my dressing (that's how we met) and we attended one wedding together and yes, I was in boring mode and it was the only time she bothered with makeup and went all out. I was teasing her (good natured) about how for once, she was the girl and taking forever to get ready (normally, she was waiting for me for ages when we went out and I got dressed up)

But I can also understand the feeling of wanting to be all dressed up. Maybe not in the above wedding but in general, absolutely
    Last edited by Princess29; 07-05-2021 at 09:55 PM.

Thanks Princess,
    You little anecdote brought a big smile to my face
    Thanks for contributing

Yep, always wanted to be in the bridal party as one of the girls.
    Amanda

I did last week after going to a wedding.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

I.......just got back from a wedding this weekend. I KNOW exactly what you speak of! Oh!...I know that feeling SO well!
    So I like dressing like girl. BIG DEAL!

I do all the time, sometimes I even do it at the mall watching all the ladies outfits dreaming that was me.

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    A bridesmaid is a favorite fantasy-----To bad (oddly enough) there is extreme shortage of such experiences reported on the internet.-----It puzzles me. I suppose the psychology of brides on their biggest day is adverse to to taking any risks that anything could go wrong that would draw attention away from HER.

Every event we attend has that affect.
    Wedding, dinner, party or whatever, I'm always observing the ladies and analyzing their appearance. Would I wear this or that, would it look good on me, does it look good on her, should she be wearing something else or some accessory she forgot.
    A take on a long ago Twilight Zone episode it would be my Hell to be forever in drab at an social event surrounded by beautiful women in gorgeous attire and never be able to wear any of those outfits.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Thanks Ladies
    It makes me feel better that I?m not the only one to go through this

Fortunately for me, I only had one of those moments and that was after I came out to everyone that I was Trans but had not gone full time yet. My regrets at that time were not so much about being able to dress up that special, but it was because the Bride To Be said I could go as myself, Allie, and then 2 months before the wedding my daughter started having serious troubles with seeing me dressed anywhere. She was starting to disrupt the wedding before it happened. So, I stayed home from a cool destination wedding in Cancun, Mexico.

However, a couple of years later after going full time I attended a friends wedding in Kansas. That was spectacular for me, making up partially what I lost in that first opportunity. Not the best picture, but the best I could do at the reception, my hair (styled at a blow and go hair salon), dress, makeup, jewelry and forms. I had so much fun being with people who cared for me and accepted me everywhere!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Good for you Allie, you look great

I never had the opportunity though I keep looking for a wedding dress that would fit my form.
    I have been to a few reception style "T" parties called Spring Fling and Puttin on the Ritz, locally.
    These GNO's are where you can get all dolled up and go to a dinner party at a hotel with a live band, it's pretty cool.
    I have met several other party goers from another party down the hall while in the main gathering hall or out by the door where smokers hang out.
    The girls from those other parties get so curious, and the event usually turns into those girls crashing our party, and coming back the following year!!!
    Candice Coleen Kowal ....all my friends call me Candy!

Hi Rosie.I totally agree with you.Attending a formal social occasion always makes me envious and want to dress in glamorous impractical clothes and shoes.Male stuff is so sensible and boring. Fortunately I can wear my female clothing another time and I often get inspiration from the clothes and accessories I have seen.Sometimes I see a lady wearing a particular dress like I already own. I especially envy them wearing high heels and often having to need assistance walking on uneven ground or getting out of cars etc.It's the sheer impracticality of female attire that I love.I have often wondered about buying a wedding dress but have never done so.

This happens to me all the time. I scrutinize women, not in the creepy sense. I check out what they are wearing, how they are wearing it, makeup, nails, mannerisms, etc. I make a bunch of mental notes of how I can apply to my own dressing.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

Hi Candy
    that sounded like a fun night.

Cheshire and Robin
    That is a bonus looking at the woman and getting hints
    Thanks again ladies

Deleted by Teresa.
    Last edited by Teresa.Smith.VA; 07-14-2021 at 02:17 PM.