Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How feminine and/or masculine are you?

How feminine and/or masculine are you?

I'm not sure if this belongs here, but if so, I'm curious. Which part of the gender behavioral spectrum are you all in, from what percentage scale?

For myself, I would be a little more masculine, more of an androgynous/unisex in apparel, merchandise, and personality. I would say 40% feminine and 60% masculine, so I guess it's more in the middle for me. So, I guess being more neutral, this can also apply to my bisexuality. Also, the emphasis on my mood of certain days, determines how I dress, and who I am daily.

What about you?
    Last edited by Emptyeyes; 07-07-2021 at 09:23 AM.

This is very difficult to quantify, as there are so many various dimensions to masculinity or femininity. As for me:
    Sexuality: I am not attracted to men
    Interpersonally: I am somewhat more caring than the stereotypical North American man, but (being an engineer ) I am also a lot more oblivious than my lady friends
    Aesthetically: I value beauty more than some other men
    Style and presentation: Well, since I value beauty, and I think women are beautiful, I also adopt a fairly feminine presentation because I think it's pretty.
    Sport & Entertainment: I would rather go to the dentist than watch football

What'd I miss?

I think about 60% female for me

I have feminine taught half the time, my manner are more fem.

Hard to define, I would say 50/50
    Wanting something is a fantasy which on a long time period clouds your mind and makes you think you need it.

Rayleen

80% male, 30% female

Well I would have to admit that I would be 20% female and 80% male. I feel very lucky to have an accepting wife. I can dress whenever life allows.

The hopeless thing is that nobody really agrees about what actually constitutes masculinity or femininity in the first place. Even psychologists and certainly politicians disagree amongst themselves. Judging by how I've been living lately I'd say I'm more feminine than masculine, but people who know me might disagree.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

I'm about as feminine as Captain Shakespeare (Robert De Niro) in Stardust. "It's alright, Captain. We always knew you were a whoopsie."

I do believe how you were raised has a certain factor in determining your psychological make up.
    For me, I was taught early on there is nothing wrong with accepting your feminine side.
    I was coddled, pampered, taught to enjoy less macho things.
    That upbringing NEVER leaves you... 80% female most days. *giggle*
    The 20% male side I attribute to working in a mans world and having to know simple things all guys know.
    Tools, machinery, gadgets, are lacking in my world but I continue to learn everyday. I do my best to be a husband when I have to present male.
    Don't like sports, growing a beard, wrenching on cars, drinking beer and burping, getting dirty, smoking cigars, wearing frumpy clothes, or fixing things.
    I love shopping for groceries, sundries, and looking nice, feeling clean.
    I enjoy being a homemaker, like animals, pastel colors, pop music, candles, fruity wines and have to catch myself to not dot my "i's" with a heart when writing in cursive.
    All my clothes are properly folded neatly in sashayed drawers, or hung on hangers where the seams meet, shoes placed in shoe racks.
    I may be a bit OCD, in a good way.
    Candice Coleen Kowal ....all my friends call me Candy!

I NEVER go bare-legged! Kimberly A.'s Avatar
    Hi, Emptyeyes. Well, I'd say that I'm less than 1% feminine and more than 99% masculine..... However, I've been told that I sometimes act feminine and that was before I ever started crossdressing. Pretty much only when I CD, I can at least TRY to act very feminine, but when I'm in "male mode" which is more than 99% of the time, even though I remove all of my body hair and I have more women's clothes and shoes than men's, I am very masculine.

I mean I have male genes and I have no desire to replace my genetic makeup with female hormones or genes..... I'm happy in my own skin and happy being a man who dresses like a woman.
    My YouTube channel: Kimberly A.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberly A. View Post
    Hi, Emptyeyes.
    Hello. ^_^

A nice start so far, everyone.

I'm 5' 10" and did construction for years.
    Put me in a group of women and I stick out like a sore thumb.
    The nice thin about my photos is there's no one besides me to compare my size.
    Helps me look a little more fem.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

80 percent female. 20% male in that the folks at work trust me figuring out how to assemble expensive new furniture. I get to ask for help when something requires strength or muscle to get done. On second thought, maybe that ought to be 90% female.

I have a cat that loves to sit on my lap when I'm wearing a dress or skirt.

Marion
    Last edited by Maid_Marion; 07-08-2021 at 12:00 PM.

I am 6’1” an athlete and outwardly am very “male”. I adore everything that is “feminine”particularly the lingerie and cute dresses. When underdressed, I am calmer, more sympathetic and kinder. While I sometimes fantasize about certain activities with a male, they are usually “cute” guys. It is a long spectrum
    Last edited by Allieboy; 07-07-2021 at 09:04 PM.

It really depends on the circumstances. If I'm mowing the yard or cutting up a tree limb, pretty much 100% male. Sitting here now in all male clothes viewing the forum, probably 80-90% male. If underdressed, more like 70%. I think that, at best, when fully dressed and made up, I feel maybe 75% feminine.

Well, I'd say that I'm less than 1% feminine and more than 99% masculine
    ditto Kim

When I dress 80% female, 20% male and that is only because I still have my bits and pieces.
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

That, as some have said, really depends on the circumstances. Left to my own devices I would be about 70-80% female. However I present as a male on a day to day basis. If we indulge in what most people see as feminine I clearly qualify. I am straight but I enjoy shopping, making sure the house is tidy, and I prefer the company of women.

As April Rose says, it is a hard thing to define. The criteria are very complicated, especially when one takes into account that some women seem to behave a bit more like men but don't experience dysphoria. And some men are more feminine in the same way and with the same result. But when I consider the direct and simple question you asked I would have to say that I am somewhere between 60 to 70 percent male-like and 30 to 40 percent female-like.

I much prefer using male-like and female-like rather than masculine and feminine as the latter terms tend to generate stereotypes in my mind and the former tend to be a bit more neutral.

Quote Originally Posted by April Rose View Post
    The hopeless thing is that nobody really agrees about what actually constitutes masculinity or femininity in the first place. Even psychologists and certainly politicians disagree amongst themselves. Judging by how I've been living lately I'd say I'm more feminine than masculine, but people who know me might disagree.
    I agree. Before I've created this topic, it felt a bit complicated to approach, and the insecurity of how the members here would react to this.

Giving a percentage would be too finite because my personality is ever changing. But the word 'behavioral' alludes to possible psychological problems which makes this an interesting question.

My gender expression and gender identity is usually masculine because that's how I've fit into society my entire life. But there's a feminine side also which is partly nature (hormonal) and partly nurture (childhood and adult scripts). A mixture of feelings and outside influences
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

The daily me is about 90% male and 10% female
    Even when I am fully dressed, I still feel all male, just dressed the way I prefer

So confusing for me.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Platinum Member
    Once again, it's the challenge to assign a certain percentage or a one word answer to a complicated question or subject. Is there a universal definition to femininity or masculinity? I'll take the bait. Not all that long ago I was stopped along side a cement mixer; waiting for the light to turn green. From the cab of the cement mixer a young woman climbed down. She was gorgeous; drop dead gorgeous. She was petite. Long hair in a pony tail. From head to toe it was steel hat and steel toed work boots, flannel shirt and jeans and safety vest. A huge smile. She was smiling at the day; not anyone in particular. A happy smile. Radiant. On what basis do I assign her a numerical value?

I'm just me. Sometimes, I'm myself. Most of the times I'm.... I. Whatever gender that is.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    If u mean stereo typical characteristics, Empty? Then, that would tend to pertain to obvious things. I'm not extra sensitive, caring, or emotional. I'm not neat, organized, or collect cats.

There's nothing female about my mannerisms or appearance. Unless I'm dressed! Maybe u can tell me what I am?

Because all I know is I'm ME!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I?d say in totality I?m like 75/25 feminine. When I?m in girl mode I am 100 percent femme. When I?m in guy mode, I still feel a part of me that?s femme.