Thread: Being trans and having prior anorexia

Being trans and having prior anorexia

I'm not trying to make this into a depression topic, but yet, a chance to connect with you all. This was a pretty catastrophic experience in conflict with me being trans growing up of physical and mental consequences that resurfaced and escalated in recent times, in which is seen as a disadvantage from working again. I've had to resign yet again from feeling the harsh methods of self-infliction in my more youthful past. Without a daily multi-vitamin, it's very difficult to walk at a quick pace, as I feel very much in pain, incredibly sluggish, fatigued, and battered. Though, recovering from a heart temperature considerably below normal when I was in my early 20s, I still do struggle with the eating disorder to this day, but of course, seeing a therapist and nutritionist, I can relieve more of what I'm been going through.

From pre to on-going transition is still a complex one for me, because I've been through different weight levels. After recovering from a blood pressure crisis recently, I'll no longer give myself such a hard time. So, I think trying to strike a balance of a favorably weight in contrast to something unfavorably would be critical this time around.

Since I'm on my 3rd year of transition, I think it treated my mind better in this year on having a more feminine body, instilling a little more self-love.

Can anyone relate or understand?

Weight loss/gain as well as anorexia are not transsexual specific issues.