Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Told my family about my crossdressing today!

Golly,
    That is a really cool story. Remarkable that you are shy and introverted yet you had the strength to let the girl out of the bag : ).
    I liked so much of what you said but my favorite is what you said regarding making them feel uncomfortable about going over to visit in a dress and heels

Thank you Jaquie,

I really don't do well with situations like that - I was sitting at Dads house for an hour before I told him, just trying to get the courage to do it, but lying about why I went to London was just one lie too many, so I had to do it.

It was quite nerve wracking just getting the words out, I kept stumbling over my words! I was so nervous, as he's in his late seventies and we don't talk about things like that at all! So I was pleased he was just like "yeh, whatever", basically!

For the rest of my family, I just told them I'd been for a makeover, and my niece just said like a drag thing, and I said sort of and showed them a picture, and that was it!

I don't think I'll really be pushing things any further just at the moment though, I'll just let them absorb it, and hopefully they might ask me about it at some point, I don't want to force them to talk about it, as that would just make things uncomfortable for everyone.

Maybe one day I will be able to show them Gill in the flesh, but that won't be a for a while! Still, one step at a time!
    Reconnecting with my feminine side - and just enjoying each day!

Way to go! The rest of your life will be so much less conflicted with the real you and the visible you being in synch. If I had a time machine, I?d have done what you did 40 years ago.

Thank you!

It is a relief having told everyone important in my life.

Today's been a bit strange though, back to work after being off last week, so life's kind of back to normal, but I don't want it to be normal, I want my family to ask me questions, look at my pictures anything! If you understand what I mean?

Still, it's early days, so I'll just have to see how things go from now on!

Deleted by Teresa. No picture to prove authenticity.
    Last edited by Teresa.Smith.VA; 07-14-2021 at 01:55 PM.
    I honor my wife's request that I not post pictures.

Hi Teresa,

Thank you for your nice words about my sharing my experience, and thanks for asking that very interesting question about the reasons for coming out, hopefully some other girls will respond.

As I said in earlier messages, in my particular case, it was just that not being truthful to my family, mainly about the reason for my visit to London which was the main spur to telling them.

I think I was still on a bit of a high from the whole makeover experience, and that gave me a little bit more courage than I might otherwise have had, so I decided it was now or never.

I know I'm very lucky in that they just accepted it and moved on, but I was secretly hoping that they would have been more curious about my cross-dressing, and wanted to know more, just so it would give an opportunity to talk about it after so many years.

The final reason that might have played a part was that I never got the chance to tell my Mum before she passed, even though I think she may have suspected, so I didn't want that to happen again.

I do agree that it will just be time that will reveal if they are truly OK with it though - I suspect in my case it just might not be mentioned again, unless I mention it.

So there are what I think are my reasons - hopefully it might spur a few others to respond.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly68 View Post
    ...but I was secretly hoping that they would have been more curious about my cross-dressing, and wanted to know more, just so it would give an opportunity to talk about it after so many years.... I suspect in my case it just might not be mentioned again, unless I mention it.
    Hi Gilly!

Ok first, YOU LOOK FANTASTIC! Seriously. I'm incredibly envious. I look like a troll en femme. I scare myself. You...I mean....WOW!

Anyway...about your family being more curious; I think this moment for you is the dam breaking, and now that it has burst you want so much to talk about it. I've seen similar stories like this with husbands that tell wives, and then when there's some acceptance they absolutely overwhelm their wives with pink fog relief. In your case, that's not really an option, but the feeling is the same...and you want so much to share more of it, your feelings, thoughts, worries, and revelations. Yet...it's not there. It might be hard, but just accept that they know, and they are accepting. It's a wonderful thing. Ok, it's not the same as being able to relish the moment with them, but it is a wonderful thing.

Hi Julie,

Thanks for your lovely compliments - it's really cheered my morning up!

And I think you're absolutely spot on with your assessment of how I'm feeling - after so many years of never being able to tell anyone, it was like a dam breaking, and I did want them to be curious so I could tell them all about it.

There was definitely some pink fog involved in my case as well - after my makeover I was still on cloud 9 - is pink-courage a thing? Because I think I might have had some of that! I've only just come back down to earth!

But, you're also absolutely right that I'm so very lucky that they're accepting - I think I just need to be happy that nothing really has changed, but be grateful they are cool with everything.