Thread: What about CD is a hurdle, or stumbling block, which annoys you?

What about CD is a hurdle, or stumbling block, which annoys you?

What is it about your CD adventure that really annoys you? You know, you would like to, but just can't do it because of inner angst? You probably hoped to be past this hurdle by now, but it's just not that easy?

For example, wearing a night chemise in front of wife was a hurdle until recently, like in last month. Still is an inner issue changing in front of her.

Also, if you recently were able to scale a hurdle,
    what was the hurdle
    what changed that it became easier
    any advice to others with same, or similar, hurdles. [Please be real, more that "just do it"]

I believe the biggest hurdle I have is me. It's the dumb brain that says. (why are you doing this?)(You can stop at any time)(should I tell all and just let the chips fall)

And the list goes on and on.

Sara

One of my biggest hurdles was shopping. I used to buy clothing and make sure to shop at slow times and always decline help if approached by a sales associate. I NEVER tried on anything at the store and always mumbled something about "for my wife" when I was at the cash register. One day I just blurted out "What size would be best for me in this pantyhose"? The clerk looked at me, asked my weight and made a suggestion. It was a total non-event. After that everything changed. I use change rooms, ask for advice and generally have a nice girl time. This change has been a significant help in my growing feminine self picture.

My current big hurdle is hair and makeup. Until now, I've been a man dressed as a woman. I intend to buy the wig first and have a proper wig fitted, not some cheap mail order wig. After that I'll start looking for somewhere that I can get a makeover and some tips and tricks. I'll never be as gorgeous as some of the girls here but I should at least look presentable.

My current biggest hurdle is trying to move and walk in a feminine way. Not bring able to go outside, I can only practice indoors, and I can't figure out how to not look like a man in a dress with my movements.

I know you do not want people saying just do it and I understand why. But let me explain why it is the right method: you cannot reason yourself into doing this. You will spend an eternity justifying your desire to the logical part of your brain. I like to compare it to jumping off the high diving board for the first time; it is scary and there is no good reason for doing it and you might even die and and and! But then you finally just say oh well and run and jump and holy smokes that was fun! You have to let the adventurous side take the wheel, it is the only way.

Banned Read only
    Is this not the same as your below thread what annoys you about cd?

Similar, but the first asks about annoyances and this is more on how to overcome mental blockages and breaking behavior patterns

Deleted by Teresa.
    Last edited by Teresa.Smith.VA; 07-14-2021 at 02:16 PM.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I can copy most women's look. But, not these skinny minnie types with giraffe necks! And, that drives me nuts!

womens-alluring-assassin-costume.jpg
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 07-10-2021 at 11:45 AM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

The thing that bothers me the most is living this secret life, having to sneak around and lie!
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Deleted by Teresa. No picture to prove authenticity.
    Last edited by Teresa.Smith.VA; 07-14-2021 at 01:59 PM. Reason: Not necessary to quote the post directly before yours
    I honor my wife's request that I not post pictures.

Platinum Member
    The biggest insurmountable hurdle is and has been acceptance by my wife. I know it is not going to happen. My wife brought her secrets into our marriage. Some were alluded to before marriage and some were revealed after the "I do's" were said. If one looks at my cross dressing and her issues the biggest effects on our marriage has been her issues. It's "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" for both of us.

I came to accept this quirk in myself decades ago. Now I have to deal with societal issues. I'd love to be able to fully express myself. My wife and I sleep apart for medical issues. I'm up and about for several hours before she awakes. I have been able to sleep in a nightie or like last night in a bra, panty and full slip. I am envious of those who have wives who are supportive.

My biggest hurdle is my voice.
    I've been having some sinus issues over the last few years and it has affected my voice to a degree making it more difficult to sound feminine. Although I practice a few times a week it just seems I'm not making any progress due to this medical issue. Hopefully the Dr I'm seeing currently will solve the sinus issue so that my throat can return to normal and I can affect some changes to sound more like a woman.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Teresa, your reply was exactly on target. For many years, our relationships have been built on being a male. This is particularly true with our spouses. When you announce this hidden side, it changes the relationship. While we can say that we are the same person, your spouse does not see you that way. It takes time and love for this change to be accepted

When i first started buying clothes i was scaed at first. Now that i been doing it 25 years plus i actually get a kick out of seeing some of the reaction i get we cmhening out of dressing room in a cloths store for women

Is this not the same as your below thread what annoys you about cd?
    CharlottesCD is right and here is my answer again from previous question.

https://www.crossdressers.com/forums...t-CD&highlight
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

Deleted by Teresa. No picture to prove authenticity.
    Last edited by Teresa.Smith.VA; 07-14-2021 at 01:56 PM.
    I honor my wife's request that I not post pictures.

Judie-Something, just gotta say your avatar looks a bit like Stevie Nicks
    Just the Girl Next Door
    my ad V
    V

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrissiej