Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If the Military opened up to crossdressing what branch would you join?

I was in the Navy during the Vietnam era and worked on a carrier flight deck on the catapult crew. Launch, sleep, launch, sleep, do maintenance, launch, sleep, it was a dirty, greasy, dangerous job. I couldn?t do that kind of work at 70 but it was the biggest thrill of my life. It would be a terrible job for a crossdresser who didn?t like being covered in sweat and grease. It was about as far from that as a person could get. Gender is not a concern when one is trying to hook up a plane to the cat and exit from under the plane without getting sucked up the intake or blown into a propeller. That happened to one guy and the foot hit another guy in the head who looked at it and passed out. Not very conducive to feminine thoughts.

Part of my job in the USAF was to clean out the random chad bits from inside of the TTY machine that came off the reperferator and didn't go into the Bit Bucket (Chad bucket)., add new spool of paper and blank paper tape spools if the operators were swamped with traffic. Being swamped was an occurrence when ever a major operation was about to start or going on. My machines mad it so that only the right people could send or read the message traffic. Even the Commander's "Eye's Only" messages. I also maintained the "eye only" off line machine too. That was Nam era years. Did that for 16.5 years, The switched to voice machines for 23 years. Stopped doing that in 2002.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Hi Star,
    My dad was in the Navy and worked in catapult and arresting gear too. He started on wood deck carriers. I remember he had old black and white movies of prop planes landing or getting flagged off. He also had movies of them going over the equator and all the crazy thing going on to the first timers. I was in the Air Force 75 to 81. If the military opened up to crossdressing I think it would be a horrible experience for the person going through it because of the narrow mindedness in the military.
    Peace and Love
    Missy

Even if I was in a country that has an army, I doubt it. I'm not too fond of war and armies.

Clothing stores
    "She snuck up on me from behind. You'd think women would make more noise with those big high heels, but they don't, they've got this stealth thing going..."

Imagine parading in full makeup, miniskirts, sheer tights and high heels!

What a fun question! The Navy comes to mind first. "Hello, sailor!"

The Army would be my last choice. Admittedly my father fought in a World War, and my nephew was a Marine, and I'm proud of them both. Come to that, my wife started her career with the Naval Weapons Lab in Dahlgren, Virginia--admittedly as a civilian in the computer field, but she did her bit to support the Armed Forces anyway. And being female, she did get to wear a skirt! Maybe that would have suited me, since we both worked in the computer field. Still, getting back to the Army, although I enjoy using some of the requisite equipment of a soldier (though i don't drive a Hummer), I'm afraid I'd make a lousy soldier. Besides, battle fatigues are not exactly sexy.

So I'd have to plump for the Air Force. In all seriousness, clothes and crossdressing are not the be-all and end-all of life, and anyway what would it mean for me as a part-time crossdresser? Would I be wearing the women's uniform part of the time and the men's uniform the rest of the time? Somehow I don't think so. So I'd have to make the choice based on other criteria, and I'd like to be a pilot.

It's too late now. I chose a different course in life, and never even got around to flying lessons. But where I used to live decades ago, one local TV station used to close their evening's programming with that wonderfully inspiring poem, High Flight. And where I live now, within minutes' flying distance of an Air Force base, those planes go screaming overhead on occasion. And when some grumbler complains now and again about the noise, people here like to remind them that "that's the sound of Freedom." It's true in more ways than one. And I often think I'd like to be up there myself. Even if I wasn't wearing a skirt.

I know that doesn't have much to do with crossdressing, but it does carry a message. "Never let go of the dream"--no matter what the dream may be.

Served my time already in the Army during Viet Nam. However, if I were made to pick a Army I could dress in it would be the Salvation Army.

Great answer!

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lynn3 View Post
    ...if I were made to pick a Army I could dress in it would be the Salvation Army.
    That cute Victorian bonnet was SO appealing!

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie_94 View Post
    Even if I was in a country that has an army, I doubt it. I'm not too fond of war and armies.
    Same here, it only bring pain and sadness