Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Have you taken or planned a vacation or holiday to be dressed.

Ten years ago my wife and I did a girls only vacation.
    We spent 8 days traveling around New England. We visited Acadia Nat'l Park, did some shopping at LLBean in Freeport, Maine. We went sight seeing in Vermont and New Hampshire and saw the Vermont Marble Museum and Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream. We took the ferry across Lake Champlain and visited Ausable Chasm in New York among other things. It was a wonderful trip and very difficult to return home to day to day reality at the time.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl T View Post
    Ten years ago my wife and I did a girls only vacation.
    We spent 8 days traveling around New England. We visited Acadia Nat'l Park, did some shopping at LLBean in Freeport, Maine. We went sight seeing in Vermont and New Hampshire and saw the Vermont Marble Museum and Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream. We took the ferry across Lake Champlain and visited Ausable Chasm in New York among other things. It was a wonderful trip and very difficult to return home to day to day reality at the time.
    My wife and I did a similar trip thru New England and visited every one of the sites Cheryl mentioned except Ausable Chasm. Staying Teresa non-stop was a blast and we were treated kindly by all. New England is a good place to visit if you want to remain in girl mode for extended periods.

Teresa
    I honor my wife's request that I not post pictures.

My wife an I have talked about a girls only vacation to multiple places on several occasions, unfortunately she was diagnosed with Stage 4 Ovarian cancer in 2015. We've been fighting her disease for the last 6 years without an opportunity to travel.
    Jill

Quote Originally Posted by NancyTO View Post
    Been to four week long Diva Las Vegas, one Fantasia Fair, three long weekend Be Alls, and a few dozen long weekend Spring Flings, Fall Flings or Christmas with my local TG Club.

Still up in the air whether I can attend this year's Diva Las Vegas leading up to Halloween.
    I've been wanting to do DLV for the past couple years. While fall is not the best time for me, I will manage to be there for my first time for the first 2 days this year! I've spent time in girl mode in Vegas before, usually alone tho. This will be my first time really being with others. Nervous for that.

I hate to sound like a broken record, but I really recommend the Rainbow Resort in PA. Especially if it is your first time out and dressed. I have done a couple weekends each year for the past few years. I arrive on Friday night for a dinner dressed, and leave Sunday after breakfast. They have a pool, and night club with Karaoke. Plus plenty of other touristy stuff in the area. It is a great place for your first time. CAUTION, however, it can be pretty addictive.

Jillian: I'm very sorry to hear about your Wife, I hope and Pray her health returns.
    SuziH

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

VtVicky: I have heard of Rainbow Mountain Resort, and I am familiar with that area. I'm less than 2 hrs. away. Do you have any other details about the place you could share?
    Thanks, SuziH

I never have. I could dream about doing an overnighter to a gathering of West Michigan folk and dressing the whole while, but I can't see how it would happen. It is a fun dream, though.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Smile Thanks for asking, Di. So many interesting replies!

Yes, I've done this every year for the last 12 years, until Covis shut everything down last year!

Started with 3 years of the SCC in Atlanta.
    Then, 3 years of Rubberdoll World Rendesvous in Minneapolis. (These were only 3 days and nites.)
    8 years of DLV in Vegas.
    And, 4 years of WildSide in Vegas.

These r all week long Trans get togethers!

This year, DLV and WildSide plan to throw a joint event in Vegas the last week in Oct. We r expecting upwards of 300+ T girls and spouses to attend this once in a life time event!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Platinum Member
    the closest I have come to a vacation has been the road trips between my former home in Texas and family in Minnesota. It usually two me a couple days of driving each way. I have made such trip in girl mode over the past 10 years. Most of the time was in the car, of course, but every few hours I stopped for fuel, each night I checked in to a motel, and enjoyed dinners and breakfasts wherever I stopped.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

SuziH,

I'd love to go over all the details of my experience, but, since I have discussed this place many times in previous posts, I don't want to bore anyone with repetition. So, if you google Rainbow Resort, you can get all the technical details. However, my contribution to the discussion is this: The first time I went there was my first time EVER being dressed in public. I had no idea what to expect, but since it was advertised as a CD/TG weekend, I figured if it was going to happen, (being dressed in public), this was the time and place.

I have two very vivid memories of that first night. First was how incredibly normal I was treated. The desk clerks were friendly, and helpful. It felt like I had been there many times before. People actually talked to me without freaking out. In fact, it felt odd feeling so normal. I had to look down a couple of times to make sure I was dressed.

The second memory that helped define my experience the first night was at dinner. I was eating alone, and noticed a number of tables pulled together that accommodated several CD/TG diners. Apparently they noticed me as well. Because, after a few minutes, one of them came to my table and invited me to join them. I finished my meal and joined them for desert. I never ate alone again for the rest of the weekend!

When you go on their web site you will note that there are several CD/TG weekends throughout the year. (If you can make their Halloween Party, go! It is insane. Talk about walking fantasies....) However, Don't feel like you are restricted to the CD/TG weekends. I have gone there on regular weekends and felt just as comfortable even though I was the only CD in the dinning room. Desk and wait staff don't bat an eye. And, the non-CD guests are just as friendly around the pool and patio.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask.

The next CD/TG weekend is July 30 to Aug 1

I'll be there if you want to chat some more.

SuziH.

My house got hit by a flash flood last night. So, I'm going to have to pass on the RR CD/TG weekend this time.

Perhaps we can meet at the Halloween party.

Sorry

BTW; All my clothes are safe.

Girls just want to have fun.

Yes , last Halloween was so much fun we are doing it again.

DLV, (Diva Las Vegas) is a vacation for CDs. An annual event that normally takes place in the spring in Vegas. Last year it was rescheduled for Halloween. Than cancel.

My room was already paid, I stayed where I always stay the four Queens which is on the Fremont Street experience. I got some of my friends to meet me there, and we had so much fun.

Well everyone wants to do it again, plus a couple more. My room has been paid for months, I'm going again no matter what, just like last year. In my group of friends I'm the only TG person.

DLV is again on track to be held the week before Halloween, ending on Sunday Halloween night on the Fremont Street experience.

Whether or not they make it this year my friends and I will be there. Having way too much fun.

So here you go, you want a week-long vacation dressed. Ending in the biggest costume party ever. Come join us in Vegas.

The way I see it, it's 3 days of Halloween Friday Saturday and Sunday.

So when you add in the DLV stuff, it's going to be off the chart.

Love Jean

There is a 8 day crossdress cruise planed out of miami oct 30 . Info in upcoming events .
    Last edited by Di; 07-31-2021 at 04:57 AM.

Platinum Member
    Looking ahead instead of backward, I hope to some day take several trips as a woman, including a trip to Europe

Yes indeed , I always wanted to attend the Southern Comfort Conference or another large CD Convention here in Canada like that " Spring Fling" in Ontario, I don't there is an equivalent in western Canada. The Southern Comfort Conference - was in Atlanta - now Florida it seems every year..
    https://sccfla.org/
    Last edited by kellyanne; 11-04-2021 at 10:41 AM.

I have gone on several cruise vacations. a few groups sponsor that type of activity.
    TO OVER WEIGHT TO POST A PHOTO, MY wife tells me I look like I am pregnant

For the last 6 years or so (except 2020 for obvious reasons) I have taken several long weekends each year to go to Duluth , MN and taken nothing but women's clothes. While there, I do the usual tourist stuff, and make sure to eat at some of the most popular restaurants. I have never had any problems. I also spend almost every vacation week from work fully as Elizabeth. In January of 2020 I was starting to plan a week-long trip to Vancouver and Victoria, BC and planning to spend my entire time there as a woman. Had to cancel that trip due to Covid-19.

In our couple it is wifey who went twice to a 3-week trip to have a rest from me and the world. I took the opportunity to dress and was still in the closet at the time.
    I sometimes take a few days vacation to see long distance friends I don't get to see often, and I don't use these trips to dress, the time I have is for my friends.

Not yet.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Aspiring Member
    The best laid plans of mice and men go oft awry, writes Browning, the poet. I have rarely had anything even mildly unpleasant happen because someone disagreed with my femme presentation, but events not related to it, that is another story.

Three years ago, I went to the Los Angeles area for a rest and a little femme time. Due to a brutal experience in drab with the TSA at the airport and a few things from work that were unfinished, I had a heart attack within two hours of arrival. The next three days and eighty thousand dollars before insurance were spent in a cardiac ward going through more tests than a freshman Math professor gives. When I got out of the hospital, I was not interested in galavanting around en femme or in galavanting around much at all. I just rested the remaining two days, mailed my femme luggage to my office to keep my wife and daughter from seeing it, and flew back home.

I went to Portland in September 2019. I had some delightful femme time at an Oktoberfest but I got a red light ticket while in drab. I did the math. It was less expensive to return two months later for a three hour traffic school than to pay the ticket directly. The trip was 600 km on the highways each way and I did it en femme. I also made the best of a bad situation and became a femme tourist for a few extra days, shopping, concerts, restaurants, etc. No, I lack the guts to do traffic school en femme. Ever been in a small auditorium with cops galore and a hundred other people, every one of whom wants to exercise the right to remain silent and get this over with? It is creepy, to put it mildly.

I went to Seattle in February 2020. I dressed in my hotel room, slept in a nightgown, but I did not go out and about. I was too busy with work to take the time to break out the makeup. While attending a convention in male mode, I became among the first to catch COVID. Seattle, you may recall, was its port of entry. And then the TSA confiscated everything I bought at the convention, several new and unusual garden tools. If not for bad luck..., well, you know.

I had a room booked on the Queen Mary for June 2020, but COVID cancelled that. In the past, I have done two cruises with my wife, both to Alaska, both total disasters. Considering my luck and the record of the cruise lines on COVID, I would have to become a lot more stupid than I already am to go anywhere near a cruise ship, drab or femme.

Now that I have used up everyone’s bad luck, the rest of you get out and enjoy a holiday en femme.
    Last edited by abby054; 08-08-2021 at 04:16 AM.

I went on a couple trips for work where I was dressed pretty for the flight, shuttle bus, car rental, and hotel check in. I went to breakfast in the hotel dressed up as well. After work, in the evenings, I would change and go out to eat, or the mall. One time, I went ball room (swing) dancing while in a skirt. That was lovely! (I do not present female when I dress up. I wear womens clothes, but no breasts, wigs, or makeup. So, I do not pass as a woman. Everyone knows what is going on. All is well, nonetheless.) A couple women asked ME to dance with them. That was a big honking surprise!

Joey
    I am a man who presents male and wears feminine clothes.
    I blog about my outings: https://joeypress.wordpress.com/

I am doing that right now,
    It's an eight night cruise with the Tri Ess group on Caravel,
    If the Delta Variant of Covid-19 doesn't shut down the cruise business.
    Last edited by Leslie Mary S; 08-07-2021 at 12:52 PM.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Not really "out and about..." but there is a hotel that I've heard of that offers COMPLETELY private accommodations as in no windows even. I'm contemplating a couple of days there where I could dress 24/7 as I wanted to. Some of the rooms are even suites with private pools. Bikini time??!?

Lacy PJs

Except for Halloween I stay inside the house.
    I have taken several one week vacations and dressed inside the house for the week.
    I usually stay busy doing chores around the house including sorting through all my files. So it is not to hard staying inside for a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Lacy PJs View Post
    Not really "out and about..." but there is a hotel that I've heard of that offers COMPLETELY private accommodations as in no windows even. I'm contemplating a couple of days there where I could dress 24/7 as I wanted to. Some of the rooms are even suites with private pools. Bikini time??!?

Lacy PJs
    That is OK, if that is what you need. For some 43 years I had jobs were, what ever office, I was assigned to, had no windows., Why no windows, at first it was working in medical examination rooms, Then I changed to a type of job were the work was classified.

So I like having them around, so when I so desire to look out the window I can.
    Interesting enough I have opaque covers on all my windows. It helps control the temperature in my home, and so my nosy neighbors can't look in.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this: