Thread: psychology questions, sort of:

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

psychology questions, sort of:

Sorry for what maybe a rambling question, but I have mulling over a couple different articles I recently read and kind of interested to know if I am just not getting it: So, first I read this article by a professional woman (I won't link it because it was political oriented and that's not were I want to go), it was about her professional relationship with a powerful man. One day when they are alone, he takes her aside and kisses her - apparently this is welcome conduct as she relates it was the beginning of a year long affair. But what got me was she related that while they were kissing, he takes her hand and places it on his crotch. Now...maybe there is more to the story she doesn't relate, okay. But here is my problem, I guess I really didn't date many girls/women before I met my wife - however, I cannot ever conceive that I would have thought, during a first kiss or even later kiss, to take her hand and place it on my crotch! Am I just that na?ve? Is this how many men act? And is this the sexual harassment women (gg or otherwise) routinely encounter?

Second, I have been reading up on the psychology of crossdressing (I haven't found any real answers sadly). I found one interesting theory though, that suggests that some (not all) cd's had trouble relating to girls/young women during the time boys are supposed to start dating, that they may have trouble objectifying women at that age, so don't get as aggressive (in terms of asking a girl out, making the first move, etc.). So the conclusion was crossdressing was a way of turning this objectification inward, that we dress to satisfy that need. Amway, I see parts of myself in that, as I did not date much and only when in college did I start. And as I go over a few dates in my head, I can see I was very shy, very afraid of being too aggressive as I was so scared of offending, as being seen as "that type of guy" or just didn't read the signs that the girl was interested in physical contact (if only I could go back in time knowing what I know now!).

Interesting theory anyway. Any thoughts?
    Last edited by dalearden; 07-16-2021 at 10:59 PM.