Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First time out in public

I was a little apprehensive for my very first time out up in rural TN in a small town. That dissipated after about just 15 min, Being feminine dressed felt natural after that, it was as if it should be. The only area I get a little worried about is going into a public toilet.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Nicely done, you look great! First time is BY FAR the hardest. Now that you’ve “broken the seal,” I think you might be surprised how quickly it becomes second nature.

I remember my first time out. I went to my local grocery store. It was packed. I wore a summer maxi dress and heels. Heels were a mistake for me. But absolutely nobody noticed.
    I even stood next to a woman that met me before in man mode. Not a blink of the eye.

I say, if you enjoy it , do it. As time goes by you will be better at blending and more comfortable.

Reality Check
    Many crossdressers seem to have a "thing" for heels. Heels are nice and feminine, don't get me wrong, but if you wear heals to the grocery store or Walmart, you will be clocked as a crossdresser the minute you walk in the door. Women don't wear heels to the grocery store or Walmart. It's the same with outfits. Don't get "dressed up". As much as you love that miniskirt, unless you want everyone in the store to make you as a crossdresser, leave that at home with your heels.

If you have any hope of passing or just blending in with the crowd, dress like a woman would dress for the occasion. Same with makeup. Wear just enough to hide the masculine features and beard shadow. Casual jewelry is fine and helps you to look like a female. Don't overdo it. And don't forget your purse.

The hardest part is learning to walk and carry yourself as a female. There are subtle differences that are important. Making and watching videos of yourself is a good way to see what you are doing right and what you are doing wrong.
    Krisi

Totally agree with Krisi.... IMO do nothing to draw attention, unless that's what you are going for.
    Spend a little time at the mall and notice what people / women / girls are wearing.
    If you try to blend in, no one will notice or care.
    But if you go out dressed to the 9's all eyes will be on you.
    Pre Covid I did some people patching at a local mall.
    Would guess one out of 50 maybe 1/100 women would be wearing heels.
    For that matter, skirts & dresses were refreshing to see but sad to say not often worn.
    In that area, shorts or slacks were the norm. From a distance many times hard to tell if male or female.

Thanks for all the feedback. I'm looking forward to going out again!

Just so you know, there is no hard and fast rule with regard to what you decide to wear (beyond not wearing something inappropriate for the venue). If you want to exude a little class and style then go right ahead. Personally, I think trying to blend in is a race towards mediocrity and a downright shame considering the choice of clothes that women have.

The true freedom of crossdressing in public is only realised once you stop caring about hoping people perceive you as a woman and you accept yourself for who you are. If I had spent my time trying to hide I would never have made all the great friends I have now, either. There is life beyond traipsing around malls wearing jeans.

I like to dress for the mall with the look like I have something of "class" to do after I get done with shopping.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelaYVR View Post
    Just so you know, there is no hard and fast rule with regard to what you decide to wear (beyond not wearing something inappropriate for the venue). If you want to exude a little class and style then go right ahead. Personally, I think trying to blend in is a race towards mediocrity and a downright shame considering the choice of clothes that women have.

The true freedom of crossdressing in public is only realised once you stop caring about hoping people perceive you as a woman and you accept yourself for who you are. If I had spent my time trying to hide I would never have made all the great friends I have now, either. There is life beyond traipsing around malls wearing jeans.
    I like your attitude Angela.