Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First time out in public

First time out in public

I've decided to go out for the first time tomorrow. The outlet mall. I want a summer dress and skirt. Can y'all give me some advice on first time going out? I plan on shaving good, including legs, make up and wig. Just wondering about wardrobe for first time out...Please help.

Chris +

Wear what your would expect to see other women at the mall wearing.

Remember most people are too busy to notice you.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Shelly's advice is spot on. Dress to blend not to stand out.

If you're not used to wearing heels out and about then don't wear them. It's amazing just how quickly your feet will start to hurt. Modest heels or flats. Try to keep your makeup to a minimum. Now here is the hard part. Walk with confidence. Head up, don't skulk, remember you have as much right to be there as anyone else.

One good thing you have in your favour is you know what you're looking for. You can browse with purpose and that'll help you blend in. Take your time looking through the racks.

The first few minutes will be the really scary ones. After that you'll settle down and soon get into the swing of things. One last thing. When at the check out, smile, make eye contact and chat to the SA.

Sorry, this is the last thing. Be aware, this is a genie that once out of it's bottle doesn't go back. You'll be wanting to do more...and more...and more. So glad I did it!
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

I would say dress to look nice which might be the opposite of blending, depending on your area. If you do not yet have something suitable for the day, then whatever is the most ordinary thing you have until you get that summer dress. My credo is that I have already broken twenty rules by stepping out the front door so I might as well wear what I like!

I would say wear what makes you feel good, feminine, pretty. That adds to your confidence. Good advice on the footwear. Short heels, wedges, or flats are good alternatives to regular heels if you aren't used to walking in heels much.

Thanks for all the advice. I needed some reassurance. My biggest worry is speaking to some one. I don't have a girl voice.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

If all goes well, I'll try to find someone to take a pic. I'll post it here tomorrow night.

I'll keep y'all posted on the progress. There is a skort I need to return first, I thought it was a skirt. Or I might just wear it since it has a brief under the skirt.

There is a Claire's there. I want to get my ears pierced but I'm told you have to leave the studs in for three weeks.

Photos did not make it.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie Mary S View Post
    Photos did not make it.
    I haven't been out yet. It's midnight, stores are closed.

Banned Read only
    Don't worry about your voice. Speak softly and slowly and you'll be fine. That's much less jarring than some forced feminine affect that isn't fooling anyone. I have never modified my deep voice beyond speaking slowly and softly, and have never had an issue.

What was it like the first time you went out Monica?

Platinum Member
    Hi Chris , Great advice sofar , Another thing si avoid direct Eye contact with others,>Orchid**OO**
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Keep your outfit in line with where you are going.
    What will other women be wearing? Don't go dressed to the nines if it's a "Five and Dime" sort of place. Shopping is usually casual.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

This morning I finally went shopping with a denim skirt on. I normally wear women's pants, shorts and tops all the time otherwise, but first time for a skirt. I also don't wear makeup, wig or anything else, pretty much a guy in womens clothes. Though you would be hard pressed to notice Many other guys were wearing loose knee length shorts, so a knee length denim skirt really isn't that big of a difference. One is bifurcated and the other is non-bifurcated.

Ok everyone. I'm about to do this. Showered and shaved and makeup is on, lightly. Wish me luck.

Good luck. Have fun!

Good luck. I remember well my first time out. It gets easier. Have a great time.
    Last edited by Angela Marie; 07-18-2021 at 03:20 PM.

The first time is always terrifying. I at least had someone accompanying me. Good luck and have fun.

misschris.xcf.jpg

I did it.

Hi Miss Chris,

Congratulations on going out in public!

Marion

I did it. Nobody really paid attention until you get close to them, Bought a new pair of rhinestone black pumps and 2 summer dresses from Rainbow. Asked two women to take my pic but they scrambled away quick. Stopped at the Chevron on the way home and a transgendered girl took my pic...how do I look?

Chris +

i wasn't as nervous as i thought I'd be. It felt great. Driving the car was fun, then just walked in the shoe store and tried on a few pairs. Then went and bought two new dresses. I talked to a photographer today, we are going to shoot in 2 weeks. I do photography too. Here's a link to my Model Mayhem page. want

https://www.modelmayhem.com/PhotosbyCP

I want to go out again.

Very well done -- you look great! It is very habit forming so be ready to do so again! For ear rings, Claire's also sells clip on models, some are pretty nice, at least work a good look.

Congrats on the first time out! Now you?re tied with me! I let my own anxiety get the best of me and haven?t been out since. It?s been almost 6 years. Maybe my nerve will return . Seeing others going out without issue helps . Nice blended look.
    If you only knew the power of the pink fog! ~Joss

Next time I'll look better. Hairy arms bothered me and needed some make up on my pale legs. It was fun though, nobody seemed to care. Girl at the Chevron that took my picture was very supportive. The SA's at the shoe store and dress shop kinda looked at me but were nice.

Funny thing is that the first two times I went out alone in my city, I too wore very short skirts. It was at a local gay club for DQ shows were I took photos. The third time I was a DQ performer at an amateur night.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

What are your experiences about the first time going out? I felt confident getting out of the car. It was fun trying on shoes...toenails painted pink. I want to hear your stories about the first outing.