Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: medical personnel's reactions

I 've never had any comments or reactions from medical staff.
    I'm always a woman!

My female Dr: Checking circulation on my legs, no hair? she says

Me: I shave my legs

Dr oh Why?

Me: The same reason you do.

Dr: I wear dresses

Me So do I

Just to add something I read some time ago, some one on one of these types of forums posted about medical students working on an underdressed patient and the doctor basically said what they are wearing is not important, just do your exam. I tend to agree with what most people said, medical professionals general focus more on health and won't say anything to you. I don't know what gets said behind the scenes, but I suspect it varies as the local population.

From what I hear, what they see in the ER makes crossdressing seem pretty tame...
    "Girls can wear jeans and cut their hair short, wear shirts and boots, because it's OK to be a boy,
    but for a boy to look like a girl is degrading, because you think that being a girl is degrading.
    But secretly you'd love to know what it's like, wouldn't you? What it feels like for a girl?"
    - The Cement Garden

I went for my annual physical today. My doctor know that I shave my legs and have been doing so for the 6 years. Today I went with polish on my toes. I thought about removing it before the appointment but decided to keep it on. toward the end of the physical he said I need to look at your feet and proceeded to take my shoes and socks off. He looked at my feet and said I would have done red. We laughed and that was the end of it. No big deal at all. I can now go the doctor and not worry about my polish color. He is retiring at the end of the year and recommended two of the female doctors in the clinic as good replacements.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula_56 View Post
    My female Dr: Checking circulation on my legs, no hair? she says

Me: I shave my legs

Dr oh Why?

Me: The same reason you do.

Dr: I wear dresses

Me So do I
    Seriously, Paula, you're just going to leave us hanging there with that "Bada-Boom, Bada-Bing" punchline ending without telling us what the Dr.'s reaction was to your dress-wearing revelation?

Oh, to have been a fly on the wall..

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    I had a young male intern offer me a paper gown to put on. I looked him straight in the eye and said the dresses I wear are usually fancier than this. Think he was blushing as he left the room.

Have a physical with a new doctor tomorrow ... we'll see what happens.

I have moles, lots of them all over my body, so regular trips to the dermatologist are just something I do every few years. The last time I went I pulled an old pair of boxer briefs out and put them on over my panties, thinking I could get the best of both worlds, and besides, the previous dermatologists had never checked there so why would this one, right?

Yeah, you're ahead pf me already, I can tell, he checks me over and reaches for my boxer briefs pulling them away from my body just a bit to see if there are any other obvious moles he needs to check.

I blush.

He smiles, "Kinda defeats the purpose, doesn't it?"

I took a deep breath, shrugged, grinned, and relaxed.

Not the only time I've been caught by my Dr. but I think the funniest reaction I've ever gotten. Most just ignore it and move on.
    I am Me and Me is OK!

Shelby

Went in today, new doctor, different nurses. The nurse took me back , checked my pressure, temp and pulse and then laid a hospital gown on the bed and told me to take off my clothes except for my underwear and socks which today was a white bra, nude panties and khaki socks. Male doctor came in and started my physical and obviously quickly saw the bra and panties, he did not say a word, just nodded his head and kept going.

Finished up and he told me to get dressed and have a good day. Again, not a word was said by the doctor or the nurse, and other than the head nod when he saw my undies, no real reaction at all.

I asked an ER nurse one time if she ever had male patients in the ER (Emergency Room) who wore women's clothes. She estimated that one out of every 15-20 men were wearing panties. I have some doubts that her numbers are accurate. That seems unusually high. That range would be 7-5% of the male population!!
    I am a man who presents male and wears feminine clothes.
    I blog about my outings: https://joeypress.wordpress.com/

Several years back I had to have an X-ray of my foot after an ankle injury. I went to the doctors in guy mode and didn't think anything of it, but my doctors face changed when I removed my socks. Now mind you I keep my toe nails painted 24/7 and they can be in any array of color depending on my mood. Just so happens that day it was Metallic medium blue . He didn't say anything and kept on asking questions about the injury, but I can only imagine what was said afterwards

I've had a chronic health problem for the past several months, and lots of doctor and PT visits. I have a somewhat supportive wife, and had been shaving my legs and wearing panties almost 24/7 prior to that. But when I realized I'd need to seek medical care for my problem, I stopped shaving and made sure to wear male underwear to all my appointments. All these stories have been very inspirational, and I hope someday I can overcome my fears and start being my true self more of the time. Sounds like going to the doctor would be easier than shopping for a dress as a first "outing!"

Aspiring Member Barbara Joanne74's Avatar
    Oregon, South of Portland, North of Salem
    I have worked as a paramedic for almost 20 years now. Even in this environment filled with type A macho men, I don't recall any comments about the cross-dressers we have run on over the years. I have ran on several Trans patients over the years and again, never a comment made

As for going to medical appointments, it depends on who it is, when, and where.

I have gone to my cardiac echo/stress tests in fem every time. its at a large medical center that I dont go to often, so the chances of seeing someone I know is slim. the first time I went, there did seem to be a parade of extra students helping, but....

My dermatologist has seen me in both modes. My entire family goes to him, and he understands my situation and keeps things to himself

At a different hospital, i only have gone there as Barbara, infact on the paperwork i have marked that Barbara is my preferred name. (funny side story, somehow the computer system thought I was a cis female, and sent me a reminder for my annual PAP test, I called them up and let them know I am in no danger of cervical cancer and they can take that reminder off my chart)

My primary physician only knows my male self. My wife and I both see him, and I dont want any cause for a slip up

My work has its own medical clinic, and the physician there has seen Barbara when I go in off work time.

Barbara

I?ve worn panties to my primary dr a few times, but I knew those visits I would not be undressing?
    However back when I was seeing a female chiropractor I had the urge to wear a bra under my t shirt, I remember laying on my stomach and I felt her hands moving up my spine slowly?.then she got to the back clasp! I was so nervous and scared I didn?t move or say a work! She kinda stopped when she felt it and then ran her hand to the side and she figured out what was going on. Real quietly I heard her say?Oh ok?.
    And that was it, it a word was ever mentioned about it 🤷🏻*♀️