Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: medical personnel's reactions

medical personnel's reactions

over the past month i have been in many medical situations while under dressed and i have many reactions from nurses, tech, and doctors.

in the past month, i have had two ambulance rides, spent 9 days in the hospital/ many in icu, 3 surgeries, 2 sleep studies, untold scans, tests, xrays, sonigrams, etc. dr office visits have been a couple on many days,

i am a 70 year old crossdresser with shaved legs, armpits, and legs. i wear women's underpants ..... no men's are owned. i often wear a bra. ears are pierced with pearl ear ring studs. my wife is supportive. she kept me supplied in solid colors of underpants. had painted toe nails. wear knee highs vs socks,

during all of this, i recieved zero negative comments, nurses put a gown on me when they normally would not (icu), was given socks to wear while to hide my toes, towels or sheets placed over my feet, my wife put t shirts on me at times, i wore pj bottoms to not show off legs, a bra removed and given to my wife in a bag, after asking me if that is ok, i was wearing overalls on arrival, and the front flap was used to cover underwear. several times comments were made about the shaved areas...... all in good fun. one nurse was removing the sticky pads from my legs started the conversation about her job description does include waxing as these pads do rips out hairs as she yanks them off. others said that the lack of chest hair saves on the pain of hair getting yanked. out of the er, my wife was handed my outer clothes to carry and my underthings were placed in a bag tucked into the corner of the hospital bed where i was told they were. in general any chances of exposure were reduced to the greatest extent. thanks to these people.
    JC

the guy that plays dress up and that has the best wife in the world!

Very nice reactions from the medical staff, and professional. I think the medical profession has seen it all, and they probably don’t even talk much about it around the “water cooler” anymore. They might still find it amusing, but probably in a fun way not in a judgemental way.
    Kelly a.k.a. VS Fan

Last week I went to my heart Dr's office for a seg press test which I never had before. It kind of amounted to a
    a BP test on my legs. So i left my bra off not knowing if they would hook me up to an EKG. So I wore a pink tee and
    3/4 sleeve outer shirt along with my panties and female pants. Also my female loafers and anklets which I had to take
    off. That exposed my painted toes which nothing was said about. They were red and my finger nails were a neutral color.

I've never had an adverse reaction by any medical professional.
    I was called to the Dr. office for an unexpected consultation and had just painted my toes as we were going to a party that weekend. I was told to remove my socks and there was no reaction. That consultation resulted in a procedure the following Monday and as part of it the nurse came to shave the area on my leg and just said, "Oh you're already shaved, that makes my job easier".
    They are professionals. What they say to each other behind the scenes is different, but to your face they won't say anything. Especially these days when everyone sues for harassment.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Non-Binary Princess Britney Summers's Avatar
    I have a male doctor and still would be wary about having to undress or show an area, which I almost had that happen when I was wearing panties that had a noticeable feminine waistband. Barely avoided having to do so.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    When u think about all the terrible and funny things medics have run into? Can u imagine how boring it would be for one to blurt, "I had a guy wearing panties and painted nails come in today."
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Any hint of saying something inappropriate can lead to very severe circumstances for someone in any branch of the medical field. Those dumb enough to try it and who get reported soon find that out.

You would not comment on the underwear of a woman so I am not certain what people are expecting to happen. There would also be a few types of people who are hoping for a reaction and nobody wants to get dragged into that, either.

so I am not certain what people are expecting to happen.
    Agreed !
    As many as 43 percent of all people with gender dysphoria attempt suicide in their lives. dont let yourself become part of that very tragic statistic.
    Balance-Dignity-Acceptance-Responsibility-

I worked in EMS for 23 years. If it's not medically pertinent, you won't here it commented on. First of all, it would be unprofessional in the extreme, but more directly, it does not play into diagnosis and treatment. In a busy field scene, ER, or other department (they are all busy these days, there just no time for it.
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".

Well, as long as you had clean underwear and matching socks. I think my mom taught me that would be a serious problem if you went to the hospital.

I live in California. Trust me these medical facilities ask about how do you identify yourself. There are about 6 different version for sex identification. I chickened out and marked male but I sure do have options.

Albuquerque, NM (SE of there in mountain foothills)
    Not quite sure. Perhaps I am not so concerned if caught in a situation while wearing (clean) panties.

But getting caught by medical professionals while wearing socks with developing holes in the heals and toes? Now that would be very embarrassing!

JC

A couple months ago I was on the highway returning from my car dealer where I shopped and bought my van in Femme mode. I was approaching my doctors office which is a half hours drive from home and remembered a spot on my arm that could be skin cancer that needed to be checked. I exited the hi-way and went into the office in full female mode as in the photo. I have had physicals with my toenails painted red and body hair removed several years, but this was the first time in full femme mode. I told the receptionist who has known me for years WHO I was and she said I would need to come back after lunch at 2 PM.

I came back and my regular nurse had me come in and weigh and do the regular drill before the doctor came in. They checked me out and the doctor said the device to freeze the the spot was out of service and he was going to prescribe an ointment. It turned out It was one my wife already was using so I said I'll just use some of hers. Neither the doctor or nurses or receptionist gave any indication that anything was different than any other time I came into the office.

Several years ago I went to a podiatrist with my toenails painted and they never acted like anything was different than than any other patient.

Suzi Q
    Attached Images Attached Images

A family member retired as a paramedic with a metropolitan fire department. He once seemed totally shocked to have made a call where a man, who'd had an encounter with an alligator, was on scene wearing a pair of overalls with pink panties underneath. I remember the family member telling me and my wife the story, being totally shocked at the incident. The truth is that I wondered, when he told me, if he had suspicions and was feeling me out for a reaction. He brought it up again later, still baffled why a dude would wear pink panties. It was clear then that he had no idea that I was wearing panties at the time.

So, no, not all medical/ems personnel have seen it all. And, even if the individual doesn't say something to you, that doesn't mean he/she is not discussing it, in an anonymous manner of course.
    Last edited by Bea_; 07-18-2021 at 09:56 PM.

Silver Member
    20 years ago I went through a bunch of physical therapy. I went to the chiropractor's office and they put me on a machine that caused my pants to slide down. From that time on the staff knew I wore panties. On one occasion the doctor pulled on my panty waist band and let it snap back. Funny part we got along very well. One day I came in and she said "we are wearing the same clothes. Sure enough same top, jeans, and shoes.

I moved over to a friend that was aware of my CDing. She was a very advanced therapist who worked with professional sport injuries. My choice of underwear didn't bother her.
    Last edited by lingerieLiz; 07-18-2021 at 10:26 PM.

What my doctors have usually seen is my toe nail polish.

Sometimes, I go to the doctor's knowing in advance that they will see my painted toenails. For example, I went to my dermatologist knowing that I would have to strip down to my under shorts, including shoes and socks. I just didn't care. I did get some nice comments from both the GG doctor and her GG assistant. Another time, I had let my fingernails get femme long, and when I was checking out of the doctor's office, the receptionist said, "Most girls would love to have fingernails like you."

But, mostly, it's been the surprise, "Please take off your shoes and socks." It's never been a big deal, except once. I was at PT, and the therapist dumped a bunch of marbles on to the floor, and told me to pick them up one by one with my toes. She didn't say anything, but I was extremely embarrassed both because she was a "cute young thing" and because everyone in PT could see me, all the patients and therapists. But, get what? I survived, and the next time it was easier.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

After this year of COVID-19, big picture, that is the least of EMS and medical professionals worries in the scheme of things. The only time I every heard of medical personnel do a; "OMG did you see that" to a fellow patient is when they do something so ridiculous to their body. My friend told me emergency room stories that would need a separate thread and/ or not on this forum.
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

JC,

Who cares what your nails or undies look like, or if you're shaved?
    Get Better!

That's what's important.

As for the medical staff's reactions - well let's just say that times have changed. I received very different treatment when I wrecked my bike. The ER doctor even refused to admit "one of those" to the hospital.
    But - that was over thirty years ago.

I too have been in EMS for awhile. Twenty years ago, someone might have said something on scene and they would definitely tell stories back at the barn. Ten years ago, there might be stories told later but nothing at the scene and now, this is just something that happens.no stories, no juicy gossip. We are being seen and slowly, while perhaps not accepted but being tolerated. It’s just small steps every day.

Quote Originally Posted by VS Fan View Post
    I think the medical profession has seen it all, and they probably don’t even talk much about it around the “water cooler” anymore.
    As a retired RN, I can tell you that is just a dream. There are plenty of medical people who still make fun of us, think we are perverts, some even hate us enough to put us into the back of the que when it comes to being treated. No, they won't say anything TO YOUR FACE, but behind closed doors and after you are gone, many still laugh at us. Don't become complacent to the point where you think everyone will treat you just as well as the average straight person.
    I just quit working when I realized that I am pretty well set enough to not need to work anymore, and, because there are plenty of nurses to staff the hospitals, it's just that the hospitals won't pay enough to make it worthwhile to go to work. Raise the salaries, and the 'nursing shortage' will disappear. The 'nursing shortage' has been a myth ever since I entered the profession back in the 1970's; the shortage, has been in employers willing to pay nurses what it would take to get us to come back to work. Even during the pandemic, hospitals would rather complain about the nursing shortage, than raise the pay enough to coerce us to come in to work. They also continue to run skeleton staffs, in order to save money and maximize profits.
    All this, I suppose, just makes healthcare workers more likely to become less tolerant of anything they consider abnormal.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Doing it the firts time was hardest Now i dont even care, Considering all i own is panties i have no choise but to in pantes

The first 3.5 years of my military career was as a Flight Surgeon's Assistant. Later we were called EMTs because we have had the 40 week training course.
    One day at Basic Medical School on Greenville AFB, Greenville, MS, one of our fellow students asked this question: "What do you do if you have a male patient who was dressed as a woman when involved in an auto accident?".
    Our instructor asked back ; "Which is more important, The way they are dressed or their health?" Then he said, "You will see many strange things while at work. Nothing of what you see is to be passed on unless you are seeking information to help your patient. End of subject!"
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Platinum Member
    Hi JC , I have a friend that drives for UPS, and he says I have seen it all and nothing surprises me anymore,

Just hand them the package and ask to sign, >Orchid**00**
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    There have been a few threads on this so it might be worth it to do a search, but I currently work in a hospital in processing patients both for outpatient procedures and occasionally for the emergency room. I can tell you this, you as a patient will not hear a negative comment, however, do not for one minute think that behind closed doors things aren't set about patients. The ones that tend to get the most comments are ones who were really rude, extremely stupid, or tend to anger medical personnel in someway. With that said, yes, if you appear as a male but are wearing a dress and not really trying to blend in, you should expect that you'll probably get some funny looks, and after you leave that immediate area you can bet that at some point when things quiet down the medical staff are probably going to have a laugh or two before they move on to whatever they're doing next. Promise you, it does happen. However, if you were making a pretty solid attempt to try and blend in, chances are they're probably won't be much said. I think most people see trans people as people trying to blend in, but at the cardiologist I go to, there is a very scruffy looking man with a beard and mustache who comes in wearing a tennis skirt and bra regularly, and don't think for one minute it doesn't get peoples attention. Although, in all honesty, with all the other things that I see in the emergency room, a cross dresser would be very low on the spectrum of things that are shocking anymore to anybody who works there.
    Last edited by Allison Chaynes; 07-24-2021 at 04:37 PM.
    Life is too short to be boring.

I had a ride in an ambulance recently and although I was dressed fully in male mode. I would not expect any issues with the medical profession in anyway. The only thing that I would question would be what the neighbors would think if they saw me walking out of the house and a dress and a pair of 44 Double D's. Or the other patients at the hospital. Luckily that wasn't an issue for me
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"