Thread: Hiatus

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hiatus

I've given up dressing, yep you read that right, I've given up dressing, just as long as the heat wave lasts in the UK.

While I didn't get as much opportunity to dress due to the pandemic as I'd once enjoyed, I did dress most morning while tidying the kitchen and making my SO breakfast in bed. Being in the closet, should my dearest decided to come downstairs then I'd cover up in joggers and a fleece. Now however it'd look a bit silly with early morning temperatures in the low-mid 20's and climbing to be wearing something clearly way too warm for the situation.

Hence, time to call time and patiently wait out the weather. After all, this is the UK and thankfully rain will come along and cool things down again, the garden will breath a sigh of relief and normal service will be resumed. Look, I'm not complaining, I know my situation is far more favourable that many others for whom finding time to dress is to say the least difficult. And as it turned out, today my SO went off to her newly restarted keep fit class so I got an hour of so to put on a short skirt and heels and spend some time making lunch for us both. It's also possibly she'll be going to a swim-fit class later in the week so a little bit more time for me.

So while I say hiatus...........
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Hope the heat goes away

Banned Read only
    Likewise. In my area, the weather has switched constantly between oppressive heat waves and torrential rains. Neither are conducive to going out dressed. I'm left waiting out this unnatural monsoon, with an occasional and fortuitous night time escapade.

Platinum Member
    Mornings around here (western Washington) have been in the 53 F or 12 C range. When it is like that I will be banging away on this keyboard still attired in my nightgown and panty with a long bathrobe over it. We had weather that hit 108F or 42C for several days. Fortunately, the humidity was low. As a retiree those temps had me as a minimalist; tee shirt and loose shorts. When the temps are in the low 50's overnight it is great sleeping weather.

Last year I wore short shorts when the weather got hot. This year I have a couple new skorts. Pink, mauve, and red.

Marion

just what i do , light top and a skirt when hot.
    Wanting something is a fantasy which on a long time period clouds your mind and makes you think you need it.

Rayleen

Last time I got to dress, about 3 weeks ago, it was so warm the sweat ruined my makeup and any under garments needed a good wash. Any further opportunities need to correspond with a cold spell.

Totally with you on that Helen, Its way too hot in the uk for dressing.
    Much as id like to..
    Wonder how long i will last ..

Platinum Member
    Hi Helen , You know better than anyone else what you need to do, >Orchid**OO**
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Good thing you don't live in Las Vegas. You could only dress four months of the year at best. Normally only two and a half or three.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Altho I live in SoCal, it is getting over 80 here! And, I get that u perspire more in Summer. But, I dress the way women do here, in lighter and thinner things!

Stop dressing because it's warm? Not me! Makes me wonder if I'm the only dresser with a washer, dryer, and a shower?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

When we had our heat wave out here in British Columbia I still went out. Kept to the shade, walked slowly, wore my lightest clothes. Mostly I parked myself on a shady bench with a breeze from the ocean and indulged in a book and cold drinks.

Angela, I'm also in BC. The heat wave continues (high 30s celsius/90+ farenheit). Regardless, I'm still wearing pantyhose with shorts every day. I love summer

Jee wiz, don't talk to me about heat. In the Central Valley of California it gets hot.
    I dress at home and stay in. 106 degrees is hot.
    I do get out at 6 am to do some cycling in male mode. I do think about female mode cycling. I will need a sports bra and a woman's tank top.
    But there is a 99% likelihood I will not do it. I do not see the attraction.

Thank God for air conditioning.