Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Part time newbie CD

Part time newbie CD

Hi everyone,
    I'm a newbie to crossdressing. I've loved to wear stockings and heels since I was a kid. I recently tried some panties and would like to try to expand to more things. I've talk to a couple of crossdressers on other sites and when they saw I had a beard they basically told me to shave or leave them alone. Well I've had a beard for decades and I'm not ready to shave it because I'm not ready to go public with my dressing. Is it a normal thing to ostracize some one especially a newbie for having a beard when I'm just start to really explore?

Peace and Love.
    Missy Dawn

Hi Missy,

Welcome to our little community. This lifestyle is a marathon and not a sprint. Move at your own pace and explore away. Don't let the girls on the other sites bully you into doing something your are not ready for.

Peace out!!,
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

hi,
    Since you are doing your own thing ( crossdressing ) why change ? The people who ostracised you are no better than the morons we meet in the street----- Keep your beard !
    xxx Liz

Thanks hun. Thats pretty much what I thought but now I'm around some ladies I was wondering what was accepted.
    Peace and Love,
    Missy Dawn

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Thank you for the encouraging words. I love your advice!
    Peace and Love,
    Missy Dawn

Hi Missy Dawn,

If you are not going out in public, seems like it would not matter. You probably will not see many dressed with a beard, BUT every now and then drag performers will be sporting a beard, and I have to give them credit for being so bold.

Bottom line, dress how you like. I have gone out in hybrid mode myself and was surprised at the level of acceptance, but your mileage may vary of course.

Sandi
    Last edited by Sandi Beech; 07-20-2021 at 12:27 PM.

Thank you Sandi! Yes I've seen some with beards dressed and some are beautiful. I commend them for being so brave too. BTW I love your name
    Peace and Love
    Missy Dawn

Platinum Member
    One of the biggest problems is bullying. It does not have to be related to cross dressing. It's universal. Do your own thing in your own time. I had to chuckle a little when you were told by them to shave or leave them alone. I would suggest, if you're going to go out, if you have a beard or not, just wearing heels, hosiery and a panty may get you more than a comment. There are many of this site who dress in-home and have a beard. You're perfectly fine here.

Speaking as a sister bewhiskered CD, there is still plenty of fun to be had. Just check my photo posts.

Hi Stephanie!
    WOW what wonderful encouraging words. Thank you so much!. Big hugs and kisses!
    Peace and Love
    Missy Dawn

Hi Missy Dawn! Absolutely be you. Shave, don't shave, wear what you enjoy. It's all good here.

Thank you Danielle for the wonderful words. You smile is so beautiful and friendly!
    Peace and Love
    Missy Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Missy Dawn View Post
    Hi everyone,
    I'm a newbie to crossdressing. I've loved to wear stockings and heels since I was a kid. I recently tried some panties and would like to try to expand to more things. I've talk to a couple of crossdressers on other sites and when they saw I had a beard they basically told me to shave or leave them alone. Well I've had a beard for decades and I'm not ready to shave it because I'm not ready to go public with my dressing. Is it a normal thing to ostracize some one especially a newbie for having a beard when I'm just start to really explore?

Peace and Love.
    Missy Dawn
    Some people are what I call renegade crossdressers. They are all in or nothing, makes no difference what anyone else thinks, even their spouse. The reason why many are divorced. There are a few here so watch out!

Dress at your own pace and style. Don't let anyone bring you down.

I am 62 years old and have been CD'ing for nearly 10 years and have yet to leave the house fully dressed. I wouldn't fool anyone anyway! I mix it up with some men's and women's clothing when I go out. Fairly generic stuff. I wear women's boots often. Chunky western style heeled boots that are kind of on the fringe. I also have a beard and mustache and my wife and I talk of doing a make over so it would get shaved off then, but it will grow back.

Around the house I might be wearing a nice women's dress, something you might see at church or a conservative gathering. I also have a few bodycon dresses, short, tight and loud! Most women wouldn't wear them! I also have some faux leather clothing, kind of kinky, fetish wear. I love stockings and lingerie and also high heels.

There are a couple guys here that do the MIAD, or man in a dress, beard and mustache, no attempt to appear anything more than what they are.

I think you will like it here. For the most part this is a pretty save and accepting forum.

Hi Missy Dawn,

Welcome!

Just like everyone else has said - there's no wrong or right, do whatever makes you happy!

Just enjoy it!
    Reconnecting with my feminine side - and just enjoying each day!

Hi Missy, if we had to let others decide what to wear and how, this site would probably be named "Straightdressers.com". Whatever floats your boat is good enough for private dressing, and I suppose it should too when going out, but I guess in this latter case it depends on your level of tolerance regarding peoples' reactions. Advisors are not payers and I don't go out, so I won't give any recommendations there
    I took a few pictures of myself dressed with a beard (no makeup no nothing) and find them fun.
    There are many on this site doing like you. They usually refer to themselves as MIAD (man in a dress).
    We are all different and that's our richness.
    Welcome here.

Dawn,

If you're dressing within your own 4 walls then how you do it is down to you.

You'll read about people's journeys for in truth that is what your dressing is. It's step by step developing your own style and wardrobe perhaps with the guidance of the good folks here. It is quite possible in the future you like many here, will find that those four walls which have protected you now constrain you. The desire to take your dressing to the next level and go out into the world will be too strong to resist. At that point it's possible you'll opt to lose the beard but even that isn't a given.

Folks here will always try to be supportive and helpful. There may be a time when folks tell you no don't or stop. That's usually because you're about to make a big mistake, one they themselves may have experienced and can vouch for the negative consequences. Take heed to such advice. Such is the experience and wisdom to be found here that ignoring such advice is asking for trouble.

Anyway, if you don't want to shave your beard, try your legs and put on fine hose. The first time you do that is something you'll remember all your dressing days.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Hi Missy Dawn. Like others have said be you. Had to laugh, it funny how some people want acceptance but won't accept others. Makes no sense. I have very few male clothes, and I have a mustache for 40 plus years. I do not wear a wig and very little makeup. I go out dressed gal shoes, thigh highs,girl jeans and slacks, panties, bra, women's tops but not lacey. Very few comments and all those were positive. I have been snubbed by individuals transitioning to female, their problem. Be you. Be happy.

Conchita Wurst, who won the Eurovision song contest in 2014, rocks a beard. She does it really well. If anything, crossdressing with a beard expands the possibilities in our tiny little corner of the gender spectrum. It doesn't diminish them.

You do you, missy; you do you.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

Dear Pumped,
    Thank you so very much for the wonderful words and encouragement! So far I love it here. I've been on here less than 24 hours and feel fully accepted!
    Peace and Love
    Missy Dawn

Hi Gilly,
    Thanks for your kind words!
    Peace and Love
    Missy Dawn

Sweet DianaT,
    Thank you for you words of advice and encouragement.
    Peace and Love.
    Missy Dawn

Miss Helen,
    Your words brought tears to my eyes, tears of joy for feeling loved and encouraged. Thank you You're an angel!
    Peace and Love
    Missy Dawn

Dear Sidney,
    Thanks for you sweet kind words. I love your courage of going out. You sound like you'd look cute!
    Peace and Love
    Missy Dawn

Sweet April,
    Thanks for the kind words! I looked her up and she does look beautiful.
    Peace and Love
    Missy Dawn

First- do you!
    Plaque at doctor's office: Let yourself Be yourself!
    The first rule of crossdressing: #1 There are no rules! #2 See #1
    Take your time and enjoy!
    Best wishes on your journey!
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Thank you Lana Mae for your encouraging words. Big hugs back to you.
    Peace and Love
    Miss Dawn ✌️

Welcome to the forum Missy dress the way than allows you to feel good about yourself

You will find support here and that is is the site's main purpose, so welcome aboard sort of speak but you've been here since Nov 2020 a little late lol from me!

when they saw I had a beard they basically told me to shave or leave them alone.

To hell with them and it is your right to have a beard or what evs..
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

Just being true to myself Jolene Robertson's Avatar
    Welcome aboard Missy

As the others have said, this site is about support and encouragement. Be your self and progress at your own pace. You have landed on the right site, read, share and ask questions. We are all on this trip together.

Hugs
    Jolene

"Normal" here is a very wide range. Most are accepting of that full range, even if it means saying nothing. So, ostracizing is not common here.

Julie
    Inside my heart is breaking
    My make-up may be flaking
    But my smile still stays on

I really hope and think that this site is about being yourself in a world that wants to restrict your self-expression. People cross-dress for many different reasons. Some are drawn to certain items of clothing. Some feel the need to express their feminine side. For some it’s sexual. For some it just feels ‘right’. For many of us it’s a mix. I think there are probably as many different reasons as there are people who crossdress. One thing I hate is the way the world tries to police (particularly) women’s self expression. I think as cross dressers we sometimes experience a bit of what that feels like.
    There is only one of you. Don’t let anyone try and tell you you should be someone else.

BTW In Europe we have something called the Eurovision Song Contest. It’s a big Saturday Night TV show once a year. It’s really hyped but often not taken seriously. A couple of years ago it was won by Austrian singer Conchita Wurst.

Conchita Wurst
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JennyMay; 07-21-2021 at 06:16 AM.