Thread: Where to go?

Where to go?

Wife,who accepts my dressing, wants to go somewhere in August. We live in Texas and would like to go somewhere for 3, 4, maybe five days to relax and maybe see a show concert or something. Break out of this weirdness that we?ve been going through for the last 18 months. What is good for someone who likes to dress up but does not pass? I have a 6 foot tall masculine body that I can shave all the hair that I want but I still have man hands and broad shoulders. Suggestions?

Gracious Colleague looking_good's Avatar
    Austin has great music, lots of venues. Saxon Pub is a gem, check the Austin Chronicle for who's playing where and when. Hit the lakes, The Oasis has great sunsets and adult beverages. And the nightlife can find room for anyone with an adventurous sense of fashion.
    Simply an avid clothing enthusiast...

"Passing" is a myth. Most who were AMAB can't. If, however, your presentation shows that your feminine appearance matters to you, most people, by far, will respect that. I am not saying that people will not stare. After all, to most we are a curiosity, but those with whom you actually interact will almost always treat you as your appearance and demeanor deserve.
    Austin's great, but it's still Texas. If live music is your thing, consider New Orleans. It's almost impossible to get away from live music in NOLA.
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".

I agree with New Orleans. You can wear a bikini and heels and nobody would give you a second look.
    Not that I tried of course.

I agree, NOLA would be a very good choice.

If you would like a fairly quiet and uncrowded place to go that is very accepting of crossdressers, I suggest you go to Eureka Springs, Arkansas. There's lots of fun things to do there and in the surrounding area. It has small nice restaurants and great people. It's somewhat of an artist's community and a biker's destination. It's also just an hour's drive away from Branson, Missouri. I've been there with my wife several times and had a great experience being out in public crossdressed each time. Years ago there was a regular annual multi-day gathering of crossdressers there. Unfortunately the couple that organized that are no longer around. In any case, being "passable" or not in Eureka Springs is nothing to be concerned about.
    Phoebe

Silver Member
    Aunt Kelly is right on the money. Even those who are close to passing are easily identified as men in dresses. But if your outfit is tasteful and appropriate, you WILL be accepted as presentable, which is my holy grail. A lot of women will have no trouble including you in their girls only conversations. Men will ignore or try to avoid you, but who cares?

Thanks everyone! I appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by Natalie5004 View Post
    I agree with New Orleans. You can wear a bikini and heels and nobody would give you a second look.
    Not that I tried of course.
    True story: I was in New Orleans on business years ago, walking around the French Quarter. Saw a beautiful young girl in a long black dress -- made of 2 inch fishnet, with black bra, panties and heels under.

I DID give her a second glance....