Thread: Interesting opportunity

Interesting opportunity

I see a therapist regularly. After our last appointment, while I?m getting ready to leave, she tells me that she has a friend who is an author. This person wants to write a book that has characters who explore gender diversity. The author knows trans people but he doesn?t know any crossdressers. Fast forward through lots of confidentiality details, she is going to introduce us next month, so he can do research for his new book. He?s a fairly popular author.

I?m fairly closeted, so this is big for me!

That sounds like an amazing opportunity. I hope it works out and is an awesome experience for you. Looking forward to updates, if the confidentiality aspects allow.

Wow, that is a wonderful opportunity to represent the crossdressers here and badly needed as well. They and the non-binaries have been so neglected in the literature and research we need a shot of support in the literature. I wouldn't exactly say you are carrying our world on your shoulders but it is a grand opportunity. I am sure the author will take great pains to protect the identities of anyone who does not want to be revealed or described in such a way that you would be recognizable to others. It can be a huge liability for them. Good luck and keep us informed, please.

Just being true to myself Jolene Robertson's Avatar
    What everyone else said Wow... Thank you in advance for helping shed some light for those of us that are overlooked in today s society. Please keep us informed with how it goes and congrats!

Sounds both exciting and scary hoping for a postiive outcome.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

Platinum Member
    I think that is a great opportunity to shed some light on the cross dressing community. With the thousands of registered members on this site I often wonder how many are actually doing some sort of research. There is a wealth of information, however one sided it may be, about our daily struggles.

Good luck Ameli. We are counting on you (no pressure).
    Last edited by DianeT; 07-24-2021 at 01:41 PM.

Platinum Member
    Enjoy the experience.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

You might suggest to the author that perusing this site could be a valuable research opportunity in addition to your personal experience.

As far as I understand this site is for TG, CDers etc. not researchers. I am not not sure everyone here would like to be put under scrutiny and used as a study subject. This should at least be based on some preliminary consent.
    In Ameli's case, she only has to decide for herself, so no problem there.

Your therapist has faith in you and your ability to testify about a CD life ! For once a chance to explain what is going on behind the closet door ! It is a great opportunity.
    I look forward to know the name of the author ...

Quote Originally Posted by DianeT View Post
    As far as I understand this site is for TG, CDers etc. not researchers. I am not not sure everyone here would like to be put under scrutiny and used as a study subject. This should at least be based on some preliminary consent.
    In Ameli's case, she only has to decide for herself, so no problem there.
    It would be easy for a researcher to educate themselves by gathering first-hand information by just reading the thousands of posts from the thousands of members of CD.com.
    I honor my wife's request that I not post pictures.

If it's just to educate themselves yes, but using testimonies as material quoted in a study is a different thing and wouldn't be ethical without our consent. I agree that it may not stop some from doing it... but inviting them to do so is not something I wish as a member.

Quote Originally Posted by DianeT View Post
    If it's just to educate themselves yes, but using testimonies as material quoted in a study is a different thing and wouldn't be ethical without our consent. I agree that it may not stop some from doing it... but inviting them to do so is not something I wish as a member.
    Agree, 100%.
    I honor my wife's request that I not post pictures.

Considering that, as I write this, there are 14 members and 432 guests on browsing the male to female page, I wouldn't make the conclusion that every last one is CD, TG, etc. Nor would I think they are all research journalists.

I think it's a very exciting opportunity! You will also probably learn a lot more about yourself in the process! Good Luck!
    "Out of ALL the thing I have lost, it's my mind that I miss the most"

Awesome ! Dont spare the details !