Last month my employer was out of the country and his wife called me with an emergency and I took care of it. Yesterday my employer finished his 2 weeks in isolation and he called me to his office. Surprisingly he appreciated that I helped his wife and especially it was on a Sunday and that I left my family to help. Really more surprisingly he handed me a envolpe with money in appreciation for helping him out. Well considering I thought I was getting fired and trust me he's never been one to hand out money I guess it was a win,win situation.
The first thing I thought of was to go to the jewelry store and buy my wife a gift. When I got home I forgot that the family all went to a beach and they returned and everyone was in my yard and there I was with a jewelry store wrapped gift in my hand. Everybody started mocking me that I was a kiss ass to my wife. I told them the situation of my employer and I decided to buy my wife something and my wife opened and she automatically said I didn't have to do anything for her. I was surprised because the first person who pulled me aside was my mother and told me why I spent that money just out of the blue like that, and followed by my mother in law who gave me a theory about saving money for a rainy day, typical Europen thinking.
My brother in law gave me a "shooter" comment after his wife asked him why he never comes home with something just out of the blue.
After everyone left my wife asked me why I didn't get something for myself, after all I worked for it. I told her it was nothing, for what she does for me I wish I could pull the moon from the sky and give it to her.
I told her a situation that happened last weekend, she did a little clean up of some clothes and asked me before she donates it if I wanted to see if I wanted anything. I was trying on clothes and she was laying on the bed on her phone and all at once I looked myself in the mirror and she told me to turn around she wanted to see how it looked from the front. As I was about to turn around I got this shot of reality, I'm looking myself in the mirror wearing a dress and my wife is asking me to turn around because she is interested in how it looks on me. POW, I got hit with this almost embarrassment of being dressed like that in front of her, even after 30 plus years of doing so, and still can't believe it.
I explained to her I could have never imagined in my life that I would have such a supportive wife and maybe not to expect a gift everyday but that I also don't want to take her for granted and show my appreciation.
I told her that I seen she had her eye on that bracelet and I bought it for her, just the same way when I put my eye something fem she buys it for me.
In my mother and mother in laws theory is "save your money and don't do anything like that again because she's going to expect it all the time and will take advantage of your kindness.
What do you think about there theory, I believe it must not be easy for my wife to see her man (husband) dressed in women's clothes and to even support it. I think it's worth something.