Thread: Blushing?

Blushing?

For some unknown reason, I was given the "gift" of having a very active blush reflex/reaction. I cannot tell you how many times I've been even the slightest bit embarrassed about ANYTHING and had everyone in the room laughing at how red I am. Sometimes, I don't even "feel" embarrassed but my physical reaction is still the same.

I am quite sure that anytime I get to a cash register with my feminine purchases my face is bright red even if I feel confident about it inside. Has anyone else dealt with this?

Idiopathic craniofacial erythema. I didn’t know this was a thing. It doesn’t sound well understood. Interesting that they recommend CBT.

It's a normal reaction to strong emotions, maybe a little excessive in your case. But you are just being human. I can blush too if embarrassed or angry.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Isn't that why they invented makeup?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Platinum Member
    Very often.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I have this same affliction. When I was younger, it was quite pronounced. The one office where I used to work, the ladies would get to teasing me to get a reaction. Now, it would be considered harassment, but I used to enjoy teasing them back! The crustiness of old age has taken the edge off somewhat, but not completely. Oh well....

Maybe I'm a case of misery loving company. Like Deborah, I was often targeted by the ladies in my office. Actually, it was all in fun, but they would spring a comment just to see my reaction. In the end, we would all have a good belly laugh. I've never outgrown my chameleon-like ability to instantly change from fair skin to a full red alert. Oh well, there are other things that cause more annoyance in life than blushing.
    Someone else's imagination is a terrible thing to waste.