Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Alone

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Quote Originally Posted by Lana Mae View Post
    Well, I am Lana Mae 24/7/365! I live with my daughter who is totally accepting! My wife passed away over 5 years ago! I did not really start dressing until she passed! I do get lonely at times for the holding, hugging, and cuddling! I am holding my options open but am not really looking for anyone, but... LOL Hugs Lana Mae
    It's been eight years since my wife of 40 years passed away and like Lana Mae I am living full time as I transition. My wife was accepting and supporting but needed attention to deal with her health issues. I was a willing caregiver. Since then I've had a couple of my kids or their kids living with me but for maybe a year in total. I've become very comfortable living alone and resent when I unwillingly become obligated to temporary house guests (This week is a good example. An adult grandchild with semi-controlled mental health issues was kicked out of his house and has been with me for a few days. He needs a caregiver but because of his schizophrenia he is non-responsive much of the time. I need feedback and interaction so he won't be back with me again.) Back to the thread now. But like Lana Mae, I really do miss sharing touches, smiles, discussions about minor things and the human contact that comes from living with a trusted partner. At my age it's possible but unlikely I'll ever have that experience again and that can make me sad if I dwell on it. So I move on.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Be careful what you wish for.

I am alone and have been for a while. I love the freedom I have to wear whatever I want, but I hate the loneliness.

Crossdresser-At-Large BillieAnneJean's Avatar
    The worst thing I can imagine is life without my wife.

She is everything to me.

Crossdressing is fun but when the time comes when I need someone, she is always there.

I will never do anything to hurt her, she comes first.

BillieAnneJean, Excellent comment, absolutely correct.
    Crissy

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle_G View Post
    Michelle is correct. I lost my wife on 8/14 to Stage 4 Ovarian Cancer. We were married for 20+ years. She fought bravely for 6+ years.

Quote Originally Posted by BillieAnneJean View Post
    The worst thing I can imagine is life without my wife.

She is everything to me.

Crossdressing is fun but when the time comes when I need someone, she is always there.

I will never do anything to hurt her, she comes first.
    I miss my wife every minute of every day. She accepted my crossdressing and allowed me time to explore my feminine side. I spent the last 6 years taking care of her, driving her to doctor appointments and chemo treatments. She was my world and I treasured every minute with her.
    Jill

Jillian, I am so sorry to hear about your wife, my thoughts and prayers are with you both.
    Crissy

Aspiring Member
    I tried alone and I tried living with my wife of 44 years. I joined the US Army Reserve long ago. From time to time, Uncle Sam decides to go to the fights and he invites me to come along. There have been three such occasions since I signed up. Each has been about a year away from home and family. The first one, we were getting shot at. Only on the third and last deployment, did I have time and opportunity to dress.

Uncle Sam paid for a first rate education for me to learn high tech ways to harm his enemies. Therefore, the last two occasions, I stayed in military labs, alone but far from the fray. I concur that I prefer being with my wife, not alone. This reminds me of the poor man who inherited a fortune later in life. He said that he tried being poor and being rich. Rich, he said, is better. In my case, I tried alone and together. In my opinion, together is better.

BTW, when Uncle Sam decides on another big get together at the fights, if he invites me at my advanced age, he will be scraping the bottom of the barrel for sure.
    Last edited by abby054; 09-05-2021 at 08:13 PM.

Sometimes it feels like living alone would be ideal, for reasons even beyond dressing, but then it seems pretty selfish and lonely. I am no social butterfly, but I remember when I would be alone for long stretches when I lived in college dorms, and it absolutely sucked. It was when I first created Ashley, but it was also a very dark time of my life. I'd rather sacrifice some expression and be around people who I love.

to me its hard to be alone sure it would be great to dress anytime i wanted i would love it but for me it would not be enough.my wife cant stand this part of me and all these years 43 i still love her we have kids and grandkids hell even a great grand son i will never show any of them this part of me .but at times i do wish i could be accepted for all of me

The older I get, the more I wish I live alone.

Make the most of what you have now.....

Being alone?

Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Thank You.
    I appreciate your honest and insightful answers.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator