Thread: Ran into 2 different cousins exes at a friend's pool party.

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar

Ran into 2 different cousins exes at a friend's pool party.

Yesterday I went to a friend's pool party. Let me explain that while I'm not full time I'm pretty darn close. I call it full personal time if that makes sense. Not a working girl but most people at work are figuring it out. Fortunately I'm near New York city so things are pretty accepting. Most of my friends only know Genifer, like all the people at this party.
    This very attractive girl shows up at the party. she's very well-dressed. She's also tall which I really like. For some reason I just kept being drawn to her and I wasn't sure why. The party went on as normal and that was that or so I thought. Now it's getting into the early morning hours. the last few people are sitting around a table still having some drinks. And suddenly it clicks why I kept being drawn to her. A quick check with my friend as to what her occupation is confirmed she is my cousin's ex-wife. How random is that? Not like there's much more I can hide at this point so I made a comment that made it obvious and we both had a good laugh about it. Then she proceeded to tell me my friend whose house we're at is dating another cousins ex. How random is that? It was interesting that until that moment she had not made the connection who I was. Made for an interesting evening. Just got to laugh at what a small world we live in and the connections that crossover between friends.

Platinum Member
    Honestly, that is an amazing and kinda inspiring experience. I have to admit, it makes me just a little bit jealous to imagine having a largely functional social life as a woman.

I am very fortunate for the area that I live in. Don't get me wrong it's not super accepting my personality and my looks win people over. I'm not saying I got the greatest look but it's enough to meet the minimum threshold to engage people's curiosity versus them keeping their distance, and I do know how to put an outfit together. And I'm super tall and always wear heels and that never fails to get me a ton of attention. It's also a great conversation starter. As long as they don't ask me about basketball LOL

Platinum Member
    I totally understand. My height is six-two in stockings so you have got another two inches on me! I suspect my height probably has less impact than my frame, which is a bit too reflective of years in the gym trying to butch up . But what I really enjoyed about your experience is being able to mingle with a presumably diverse people comfortably. I have been mostly home-bound since the advent of covid, and miss just being in a crowd, whether strangers or friends. I also rather enjoyed the occasional experience of sorta passing and being able to comfortably acknowledge my transgender nature.
    Last edited by kimdl93; 07-26-2021 at 02:03 PM.

Thought more people would relate to an unexpected meeting. Not completely out to extended family.

Sounds like it worked out well for you Genifer, fun story you must be quite comfortable as Genifer. I have not had a run in with anyone I know other than people that know me as Brenda. I have grown out my hair in the last few years an tend to wear less make up so I am looking pretty much the same minus the make up and clothes. It would be interesting if the clothes and make up would just be enough to distract from who I am?

I suffer from prosopagnosia, meaning I do not recognise faces. So unless I know I am meeting someone or the other party says hello first, I am nearly completely unaware. (I can remember faces of family and people I have known for a long time, but everyone else is a blank). In other words, this never happens to me!

I do concur, though, that good style and an agreeable presentation oils a lot of hinges on what would otherwise be squeaky doors.
    Last edited by AngelaYVR; 08-02-2021 at 03:36 PM.

I felt I was "outed" quite unexpectedly in this situation. I didn't have to out myself. She hadn't recognized me yet. It was more like is it really necessary to avoid at this point? I made sure she realized who I was but it was still a bit stressful. Not sure how much of the family she's in touch with probably little to none so it hardly matters. Just saying it was somewhat of a big deal. PS I'll probably see her again tonight with that same group of friends going to the same event.

Quote Originally Posted by Genifer Teal View Post
    I am very fortunate for the area that I live in. Don't get me wrong it's not super accepting my personality and my looks win people over. I'm not saying I got the greatest look but it's enough to meet the minimum threshold to engage people's curiosity versus them keeping their distance, and I do know how to put an outfit together. And I'm super tall and always wear heels and that never fails to get me a ton of attention. It's also a great conversation starter. As long as they don't ask me about basketball LOL
    My daughter is 6'1". Whenever people ask her if she plays basketball? She regularly replies "No I don't, you are short do you play miniature golf?

I'm always wearing heels so I reply they don't allow heels on the court.

Platinum Member
    Love both of those heightist responses!

A couple days have passed. Did you have the expected second encounter?

No the second party was slightly less crowded. more people take vacation the second part of the summer. I guess she just decided not to go. I think the whole group of them skip the party. I had an awesome time. my best night out since covid. You know when just everything Clicks and the mood is right?