Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: For those that go out...

It's just me. I guess at first there is the thrill of everything is New.

But now it's just life. Actually I'm expected to be dressed as I live as Jean.

I work in guy mode, but I'm out , so ?

So basically I live openly as a crossdresser.

Wednesday night is karaoke at the bar with all my friends. I'm kinda popular, I tend to win at pool, won every game last Wednesday night. I sing , well I try. The main thing is I have fun.

My best friend and most of my friends are women, for what I think are obvious reasons.

I have learned a lot of what to do, try and develop a sense of style.

It's not that hard, start going out making friends, before you know it you are living in a new life. I don't know,it happened to me.

Watch out what you wish for as it might come true.

I'm not looking for anything to be improved by someone's reaction or my reaction.
    It's just the experience of being a part of the larger whole that's satisfying.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Britney:

Over seven years ago I first started to go out. At first I would only accept myself as CD. But as time went on, I now realize that I am TG. I blend quite acceptably so I would have to say my importance is socialization with other GG?s and the utter surprise of how accepting they are of letting me in their social circles. I just love being treated as an equal.

Zoey

Its the freedom to be myself rather than behaving the way that I was told to, even though it didn't feel right.
    Added bonus is that women treat me differently. They will start up a conversation when standing next to each other. I feel like one of the team rather than someone to be wary of.

or was it just the sense of freedom?

I think it possibly was. Four walls became very constricting. Just walking around the house in heels all dressed up didn't seem to make sense any more. I needed to express myself more fully, to no longer be constrained, hidden from the world. Just being able to walk out the door and be me once done was a huge relief and feels as natural as anything else I do.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Going out isn't brave, or at least it didn't seem that way to me. It became my mountain, something to climb because "it was there". Later, going out became a means to an absolutely fulfilling social life to the point where if I didn't have someone to hang out with, it wasn't much use to bother with going out.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Quote Originally Posted by Helen_Highwater View Post
    or was it just the sense of freedom?

I think it possibly was. Four walls became very constricting. Just walking around the house in heels all dressed up didn't seem to make sense any more. I needed to express myself more fully, to no longer be constrained, hidden from the world. Just being able to walk out the door and be me once done was a huge relief and feels as natural as anything else I do.
    My sentiments exactly Helen.

Karen

When I?m at home, I?m 100% en femme all the time. When I go out I think to myself ?I can go anywhere I want dressed like this, and I don?t have to pretend I?m someone I?m not.?

I guess that there's three basic reasons:

1. I can't dress at home, so the main place I can dress is with my CD/TG group. We go to a gay bar sometimes, but mostly we go to regular places and just take over the bar.

2. I sense of validation from the CD/TSs that I hang out with, but especially from GGs, who treat me as normal and often compliment me on my outfit. I've also gotten so affirmations from GMs, if only to talk to me like another person, not someone to fear.

3. Lastly, I like to plan and execute a fashion statement whenever I go out. I love it when I get compliments from GGs and when they ask me where I got my dress.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I pretty much go out for one reason. The thrill it gives me to be seen in public. I've realized that I've got an exhibitionist streak. I want to be seen. And I don't care if I pass or not, which I don't. If I dress in the house, I'm bored in minutes and looking at the door.