Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is most hard for you as a CD?

Quote Originally Posted by Ressie View Post
    Someone posted the hip matrix (or something like it) years ago and it is an eye opener.
    You mean this? https://www.biomotionlab.ca/html5-bml-walker/

In response to the OP's question,
    the complete inability to even try using make up, and the rest, trying to make myself look even remotely feminine. Having had surgery on my face when young, leaving a non symmetrical scar on one side of my face, there would never be any way to look right, no matter what I did. Perhaps a professional theatrical make up artist, with all the skills that could turn Karloff into Frankenstein's monster, could make my face look normal, but me, I just don't have that ability, and it would never be able to make me beautiful, anyway. I'd just be a homely female with a facial deformity, instead of a male one.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

For me it would be my figure, I'm 6' 4" and built like a brick house....but oh well

Now you've gone and done it! I'll be forever getting that tune out of my head!

... she's mighty mighty, just letting it all hang out....

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Looking back at when I identified as a cross dresser the hardest thing I had to do was not transition. The battle was to be happy and stay distracted from my gender issue as much as possible until I had a good window to work with. Finally, just over three years ago I gave up that fight. YMMV.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

I am new to this site and this is my first post. I have recently decided to start dressing more often, especially when my roommate is out of town. I love dressing as a woman and, so far, have been pretty pleased with all the clothing I have bought for myself. I have a brown pencil skirt with a nice blouse to give me that "professional" look, and I have a beautiful blue floral print dress for the "casual" night at home, but not really much of a wardrobe yet. I have shaven my legs and armpits before but usually in the winter for obvious reasons. I decided to shave my legs today because I have never wore my pantyhose with shaven legs and really wanted to see how they looked. However, what I am finding difficult to make a decision on are the final touches, makeup and wig. I buy most of my items on Amazon because I can be discreet but you know the quality of those products can be a crapshoot. Also with the makeup, I have no idea where to start or how to apply it. Like Sandra_Dodds, I am having trouble finding a good tutorial online to give me some pointers. I would really like to learn how to do this because I want to eventually go out, at least at night, for a drive or even a walk while dressed. It is exhilarating to be outside like that, but I want to be somewhat passable and unrecognized as me.

Voice, walk, mannerisms. I can pad and squeeze my body and get pretty close. But the rest I find impossible. The reasons I will never go out.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Mine would be talking when out and about enfemme. My feminine voice is horrid!

So are people shocked like going through a drive thru and when you finally get to the window to pickup order and they know a man ordered the food and a woman picked it up. I can?t tell you all the times they?ve bent over looking for a man somewhere else in the car. LOL The expressions are priceless.

I NEVER go bare-legged! Kimberly A.'s Avatar
    I've actually been waiting for a thread that I can relate and answer to. LOL Anyway, well, I'd say the hardest thing for me as a CD is hiding it from people whom I do NOT want knowing that I'm a CD, such as my dad..... I live quite close to my dad, he's only like, a 15 minute drive from where I live and he also has a key to my place just in case he needs to come to my house for some reason while I'm away, so I have to go through lengths to hide it from him.

For example here a while back, (close to a year now), I had to go to orientation for my current job in Flowood, MS which is about an hour and a-half south of me and I had to stay in a hotel room in Flowood for three days. Also, I have a dog and couldn't take my dog with me, so I had to have my dad to come over to feed my dog, give him water and let him go outside to do his business. So, I bought a few boxes from Walmart, packed up all of Kimberly's clothes in those boxes, loaded them, as well as my makeup and jewelry boxes into my car before I went to Flowood. I also put clear Scotch tape on my closet doors (as sort of my own, little silent alarm system), one of which I keep my men's clothes in, the other I keep my women's clothes in and I did that to see if my dad would open either of my closets when he came by and while I was gone..... And sure enough, when I got home from Flowood, the tape that was on my men's clothes closet had been disturbed, which meant that my dad had ACTUALLY opened up my closet. Yeah, my dad is quite nosey..... Smh. Ooo, I was SO pissed about that! But I didn't confront him about it, because I knew he'd lie about it anyway. So, it was a REAL good thing that I took Kimberly's clothes as well as my makeup and jewelry boxes with me! LOL

Now, while hiding my CD'ing from my family is difficult, it is doable..... But another thing that's hard for me is, when I go out CD'd, I always go to a town that I don't live in, somewhere that no one knows me, but there is always the possibility, (albeit a small one), of running into someone who knows me. But that's actually fine with me, I guess, because that's a risk that I'm willing to take. Another thing that's difficult for me is, of course, my voice. Like, when I'm out in public at a restaurant and ordering my drink or ordering off the menu, I try my hardest to speak in a feminine voice, as my real voice is deep and very masculine. Another thing that concerns me is, when I'm using the ladies' room in public and I have to sneeze, (this actually happened to me yesterday while I was out CD'd and needed to use the ladies' room, or anywhere else in public that I might be and have to sneeze), I was in the stall and I had to sneeze.... I tried my HARDEST to stifle it, but it came out loud and I have a loud, masculine sneeze! LOL THANKFULLY though, I was the only one in that restroom. LOL

And of course, there's the feminine walk, mannerisms and conducting yourself as a woman in public to at least try to be as passable as possible..... *Chuckles*, "As passable as possible," try saying that five times fast! LOL
    But anyway, those are really my main struggles being a CD.

One more thing I wanna add..... Another hard thing for me being a CD, in Mississippi, in the summertime is this darn southern US heat and humidity! That's one reason why I went a whole month without CD'ing. I am hot natured and even today while I was out, I couldn't hardly walk from my car to inside Walmart without breaking out in a sweat.... Which is why I didn't wear a shaper of any kind yesterday. LOL Also of course wigs, especially in the summertime, make my head really, really hot. They can feel like you're wearing a wool hat! LOL
    Last edited by Kimberly A.; 08-27-2021 at 02:59 PM. Reason: Correcting typos.
    My YouTube channel: Kimberly A.

For me it is my Voice, hands and height.

Working with my hands without trashing my nails.

Definitely my makeup skills. I do a decent job but when I see some women i'm so jealous of how good they are with makeup.

Several things:

1. Dressing up in weird clothes (male clothes) for work and church.
    2. Forcing myself to put on makeup when I’m switching back to normal clothes.
    3. Acting/walking/talking male when in male mode. Female voice and mannerisms are much more natural to me.
    4. Getting out of the house regularly. I’m not afraid to do so, but I have nowhere to go.
    5. Showing restraint when buying new female clothing.
    6. Doing anything without breastforms, including showers.
    7. Taking off my wig to shave my face.
    8. Forcing myself to stop admiring my presentation in the mirror, and just getting on with my day. Vanity, thy name is woman.

You get the idea. Once I fully accepted the idea that I’m female, have always been female, and always will be female, I’ve found that doing things that negate that in the slightest degree is extremely difficult.
    What do I do on days when I don't crossdress? I have no idea.

Taylor186 - "The hardest thing for me is knowing that, no matter how much effort I make, I will never pass, even for an evening."

I don't know why you would think this! From the looks of your picture, your makeup is beautiful. I only hope that one day my makeup looks that good. You are gorgeous!

A lot of good comments! Voice and grace in heels. LOL However in the Great Pacific Northwest being feminine is a nice fitting pair of jeans and shirt, forget heels.

Giovanna, I agree, with me it is body language.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Body language and voice without doubt. Voice is probably the biggest giveaway of them all really.

Quote Originally Posted by GiovannaBotta View Post
    What do you find most difficult.....?
    ...Changing back

I'd have to agree with you Samm.

My voice of course. I also wish I had better access to clothing. I really want heels but no idea how to find the right size. Ordering online is fine but I'm worried about not being home when packages arrive. I also really need a wig. I have short hair for work but really love having long hair while dressed. Better forms would likely feel good too. Lol so many girl problems!

For me it's mainly three things:

1. Height - I'm 6'2" and love to wear heels, so I tower over most everyone. However, I will say that I notice a LOT of tall women. When I was in Home Depot on Saturday, I noticed a tall women walk in just before me who what probably an inch taller than me in her flats. She was wearing a nice summer dress, long with side slits midway up the thigh. She was very pretty and statuesque and I noticed that nobody gave her a look twice (other than me).

2. Hands and Feet - I have giant feet, size 14 womens and it's hard to find shoes to wear, especially booties. I can squeeze my foot into a 12 wide, but it's not long-term fun. And I have large hands with short fat fingers. Not very girly

3. Voice - I have a deep voice, but luckily it's not the thing that gives me away, at least at first.

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    ...Changing back

Agreed. Changing back to male mode when necessary does make you slump somewhat.

Sue.

Trying to avoid attention to my chest when it?s cold and nipples start to protrude?but that?s my fault for liking and wearing unlined bras.

Voice...but my wife she's happy that I don't want to try.

Being 190cm kinda sucks and having not the best posture.

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    Facial hair...... let me explain fully

I have a quite adequate feminine body ....plenty good enough to pass easily
    I can walk etc and speak as female

I was born with an undecended testicle.
    The common thing was to give testosterone shots to try to make it come down but it did not and it was removed at about 12 yeas old.
    However, the testosterone seemed to give me early facial hair growth. Add to this my mom was 100% Italian.

I do not havy heavy facial hair by any stretch and it is now mostly turning grey but it is still an issue that I wish that I did not have .
    A close shave and light application of a pan stick with some setting powder coves it.
    However, i wish i could go out in public as female without any of that sort of "cover" make up... particularity in the summer..
    Last edited by Barbara Jo; 09-10-2021 at 12:06 PM.