Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What is most hard for you as a CD?

What is harder for you as a CD?

What do you find most difficult? For me without a doubt is body language! How to walk, sit, gestures... been doing some training but it?s hard!

I find walking and posture the most bothersome. I have an annoying tendency to walk like a man in drag. The more I concentrate on moving as a woman, the more I over compensate. I have found that the right shoes work wonders, and posture. I tend to slump forward, and need to keep my head up, as though I were suspended from a spot between my shoulder blades.

I probably would add developing a fem voice, but I haven't given it much thought thus far.

I?m using that hip matrix training video from Lucille Sorella. Really helps with the walk! But posture is very different.

What is harder for you as a CD?
    Fitting my male frame into a hour glass figure.
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

Mine would be talking when out and about enfemme. My feminine voice is horrid!

Platinum Member
    My hands.

My body language, fitting my male body in a hour glass figure, my voice and my hands. Just kidding Voice and my walk.

no doubt its my voice
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

Definitely my voice, my wife says it sounds feminine, but I've listened to myself recorded and I'm not so sure I agree.
    Jill

LOL!! This thread is dangerous. I'm learning so many more things that I find difficult! It really is a good read. Thank-you for starting it.

Reality Check
    I'm going with the voice. Body language would be second.
    Krisi

The main problem we males have in this regard is that we are anatomically different from females. We have less flexible joints, our bones are larger, and, of course, our bodies are shaped differently. It is a matter of biomechanics. But also women have been doing the graceful motions since little girls and they have it down really well. Takes a lot of work to achieve that - just ask a male ballet dancer how easy it is for him to emulate a ballerina. But with practice males can do some of what females do, but it is unlikely to ever be as good.

Hands are literally a big problem. Voice is extremely difficult as male voice boxes are slightly lower in the throat and that creates more resonance in the chest which gives it a deeper tone. Female voice boxes are a bit higher and smaller which produces a bit more of a nasal tone and a higher pitch. But with training a male can do female, but it takes nearly constant use and practice.

Definitely voice!

I don't think body language is a gender thing but I understand what the OP is saying. Body language is just a form of nonverbal communication. Gestures, walking gait, stance, movements are a better ways of putting it IMO.

I try to walk differently when en femme. Years ago I filmed myself walking in heels (trying to walk like a female) and the results weren't very good. Keeping arms close to the body didn't even seem to make much difference!

Voice? I sometimes talk in a slightly higher pitch (not falsetto), but I eventually go back to my low voice without realizing it. Have to accept that I'm not fooling hardly anyone - it really doesn't matter that much to me. I enjoy being dressed even if I don't pass or blend.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

I found out that some strategies work... the hip matrix, doing some stiletto dance classes... observation of very feminine women and then trying to emulate. It also helps to stay en femme, the more I stay dressed the more natural it feels. Voice I don?t even try.. but demeanour is something that gets me in the zone, if you know what I mean.

For sure it's my voice.
    My walk and mannerisms are fine, but I just can't seem to speak in a convincing voice.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

When I first read your question My first thought was not being able to go out dressed as I want without concern of family not being accepting. But then I opened the thread and seen other answers and thought OH....duh! lol

Not having hips is my biggest thing as well as my voice. I can buy hips and eventually will but now the voice I struggle with when out. It's hard to be loud enough and not projecting my bass>

Platinum Member
    I would not even try to talk when en femme. I've heard my voice on our answering machine. Not feminine at all. I suspect if I tried to talk in a feminine tone it would be hilarious. Maybe, I should learn American Sign Language. Of course, how to I deal with my six foot frame and 200 pounds? That's not going anywhere soon, either. I do go out for evening strolls. To some extent walking is the only thing I can control. As a male I probably take longer strides than walking in female mode. I try to consciously take shorter strides. I walk in a wedge so I do not have to worry too much about how I am putting the sole of the shoe onto the ground. At home I can wear 3 1/2 inch heels all day with no problem because I am only taking short steps doing domestic chores.

Other female mannerisms seem easing to adopt; smoothing my dress when sitting down; entry into a car; whisking away a stray hair from the face; crossing legs at the knee and not the ankles; etc.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    My figure!

I can imitate the look of most women.

But, not those thin model types. With their long, slim arms and legs! And, 16" waists and giraffe necks!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Yes definitely the voice. I don?t even try and I am okay with it. But I try to practice walking. Also I notice that the legs, if you know how to take advantage of your clothes, really help to look and feel more feminine. I may disclose that I?m biased, because I have naturally long legs!

Giovanna,
    Gee I thought the most difficult things were makeup/ contouring, and confidence when going out. Then Cassie mentioned voice and someone else said posture . Then of course the whole thing. Clothing might actually be the easiest!
    If you only knew the power of the pink fog! ~Joss

And of course, each one has its own view of what?s most difficult.. I really want to improve my posture now, then later on my gestures, and so on. I am a Pok?mon and not even close to my final form, I would say.

Well for starter's just about everything. Lately, it's been really hard to find the time to take care of regular female maintenance ... you know, do your nails, wax your legs, practice your makeup. Sometimes, I wonder how GG's do it. Then again they are not trying to get it all in in during the few hours their spouse is not home.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

Two things:
    One,
    The fact that some of my friends know and even though they claim they dont care, i still have trouble dealing with that. All the time.
    Two,
    I have realised that it prevents me looking for a relationship.

I know you this isnt quite what you meant, so ill answer with having to hide the adams apple all the time. I use a choker but it doesnt look quite right.
    Have only one dress that covers it.

Definitely voice. Not only pitch and timbre, but also speaking a little more slowly at the right speed, adding more of a sing-song lilt and adding more words. I was trained as a guy to respond in grunts and use as few words as possible as quickly as possible. I hear that from guys all the time, but less often from the ladies.
    Oh yeah, and posture. I have to remember to get rid of that slouched forward caveman look and push shoulders back and tits forward.