Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who still owns their first self bought clothes

Too many purges and regrets. I do have some necklaces that I bought many years ago.

Sure do...I just purchased them about a month ago.Unless, of course, you count the dresses I bought my wife as gifts which I also secretly wore. Maybe that's for another thread.
    Anyway, I hope to avoid the purges that many of you mention and seem so common.

Sure do! I still have my first bra! I can?t even begin to fit in it anymore but I can?t get rid of it either lol

Yes still love and cherish my first wrap around open bottom girdle from Naturana with 6 garters. Wear it on special occasions. The owner of the lingerie store was so helpful, making sure I got the proper fit. Been shopping at the same lingerie store since autumn of 1989.

I still have clothes from over 40 years ago, but they weren't my first. Those have long gone in a purge. I can't even recall what I bought first, in my teens. A blouse, I'm pretty sure.

That was 50 yrs ago and weighed 120lbs. 5 moves 3 wife's 4 purges
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

My first purchases disappeared many purges ago, before I realized how expensive purging was. The first purchases were a scarf and lipstick (Yardley, I still remember the smell, color and feel!), long gone (over 50 years ago). HOWEVER, I inherited my mom's stuff when she passed away 5 years ago, and lo and behold, the very first female clothing I ever wore, one of her blue headscarves, was among the inherited items! So, no I no longer have the first things I bought, but I do have the first article of women's clothing I ever wore, back in 1955.

I purged at the end of high school and when I bought a few things in college. When I first got back into dressing a few years ago I claimed a skirt my wife was donating and I probably wear that skirt every other week still. The first skirt I bought a few years back I recently donated as it as I don't like how it fits despite being pretty and sentimental.

Sadly no. They would all be too small at this time.
    There are some that I wish I still had, but they are only memories now.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    I'm sure I have some of them. I'm a self-confessed w-hore-der, especially if I put those clothes on again. LOL I had a different taste (or lack there of) in clothing back then. Recently I wanted to recreate a photo I took one of my early times out by wearing the same outfit and going back to the same place. I even found the silly little purse I had. They were all in a box in the basement not something I wear or use anymore. I was able to get them ready but the photo never happened. Maybe someday. I think I got the musty smell out of the purse so i can actually be in the same room with it. LOL

Not a hope , 60ish now, had to purge every year in college because I had to go out of town to work , in those days in was just a hockey bag existence.
    I do have some minor items for close to 30 years, wigs, hairbands, hair brushes. No worries, in those days I guessed at size and often got items that were too small.
    Was a Wonderbra girl in those days.

One item I really miss was a vintage Olga nightie, sleep in Shadowline for 10 + years now but loved that Olga!

Back in the day (nearly 40 years ago) I was in a branch of C&A. They had a red skirt there and I wanted that skirt more than I had ever wanted anything. I wasn't out in the world and I'd never bought anything for myself in a shop. But, after a (long) while I summoned up the courage and had a "What the heck! I want it and I'm going to have it!" moment. So, as an absolute nervous wreck, I went across, picked it off the rail, took it to the cash desk, paid for it and took it home. I still have that skirt, I'll never part with it, and it still fits. I even wear it to work sometimes.

I still have the first bra and foam forms I bought, but the bra no longer fits and forms are too small. I've kept them though - reminds me of where I started on this journey.

Not me.

I've purged 3X, literally hurling thousands of dollars into the dumpster or donating to Goodwill. It hurts to even think about it because I LOVED some of those clothes and shoes. I had many one of a kind finds from Goodwill that I just won't ever get back.

Lesson is: Don't purge. Box it up and put it in storage. I easily estimate I've thrown away $10,000 in clothing, shoes, purses, makeup, jewelry and silicone accessories.

Everything that I first purchased is long gone for a number of reasons. Most of it would never fit me anymore and after multiple moves and being deep in the closet, I had no way to get my stash safely from point A to point B so the best thing to do was to purge and start over. Naturally, there are some regrets with that having lost some things that are pretty much irreplaceable now such as true garter stockings, pretty garter belts and pastel print panties. Oh well.

I like quite a few others do not have my first items due to purging. Now the only time I get rid of anything is if it is worn out or my daughter borrows something. Funny how it seems to never find its way back.

Technically I returned my first lingerie purchases because I ordered the wrong size. I still own my first 'training' bra, a 32A cup, narrow 2-hook band Sears white bra, and a girdle that belonged to my mother. One day, I got overly excited wearing her girdle, staining it and decided the best coarse of action was to make it my own.
    The last time I was doing through my collection, I came across these two items. The bra seems so flimsy now, I only wear full support or long line bras, and the girdle would not slide past my knees. Still love them and a great reminder of my CD journey!
    Last edited by colourmannn; 09-26-2021 at 07:37 AM.

Omg colourmann i stain my mothers Panty girdle so
    many times but never thought of keeping it. Years later I found my mother had a hiding spot for all her good nylons and girdles. Every now and then she would put something new in that drawer like a garter belt and nylons new and old. Do you ever think it was her son drawer? Lol!

Since I've only been dressing for a few years, I have every item of 'original' clothes I've bought. But even over these scant years, I look at some of the less savory items and wonder: what was I thinking?
    Still, I love and have enjoyed every stitch. Reading many of the comments, though, I really need to be grateful that I've never had to purge; what a game changer that action must seem at the time. To every girl here who's purged and re-booted: it just proves how resilient you are and should be commended. Making a comeback is often harder than anything.

Oh Yes! I remember my early padded hips and butt panty girdle. Bought it out of a catalogue from JC Penny...however then I had to pick it up at JC Penny in the mall store catalogue desk. I was sweating a bit as I stepped up to the catalog desk for my girdle purchase. Still have it after about 20 years. True I have added a car wash sponge cut into four pieces. I wanted extra padding--wider hips. Also about 20 years ago I bought a green satin prom dress from a garage sale. I wanted it for Halloween (wink wink)! This dress is long gone. My wife sometimes insisted I get rid of some wardrobe items.

My first pair of heels were bought more than 40 years ago, but I finally got rid of them last December. They were black patent 3 inch heels and very comfortable, but the lining was worn out and the toes had scratches on them.

Kay-I believe my mother suspected something and would leave her old lingerie in a drawer in the main washroom-very convenient and what makes her a great mom!

Not too hard for me, since I only started under dressing in 2012, and fully cross dressing in 2014. So my oldest stuff is from only 9 years ago.

First skirt? Yes, though I shortened it at one point, pretty soon after I bought it, changing it from a full length to a knee length skirt, and I eliminated a self-slip layer under the actual skirt. It had an inset band of lace trim at the hem, and another at knee level, so it was super-easy to just remove the cloth below the higher band of trim, making that the new hem. And then it no longer needed the slip, which had been there to provide opacity behind the pierced lace. It also had a very stretchy elastic waistband, which allowed me to safely buy it without trying it on first, and without being certain about my size, and allowed me to keep wearing it fairly recently, even though I lost a lot of weight.

First blouse? I think I wore it just last week, in fact! Again, bought something super stretchy, which allowed it to fit through many changes in my actual or padded shape.

First shoes? Again, yes. A ‘sensible’ pair of black pumps, with 1” or so block heels. Don’t wear them often, as I now have so many other pairs that fit and feel and look better! But I think I wore them as recently as last February?

Bras, panties? Breast forms? Nope. Worn out and discarded, long ago.

First wig? Lol! I think I may still have it in a box, somewhere. Haven’t worn it in more than five years, and I seriously doubt I will ever use it again. Kept it mostly for sentimental reasons.

My first piece of clothing was a pair of really short jean shorts, and yes I do still have them, and they fit like a glove!

Most was purged under pressure by a non supportive girlfriend that soon became an ex, but a swimsuit and a sports leggings & bra set were saved. Then I found later email archives from eBay buyers and could buy back one swimsuit, then remembered another favorite style and found it on Vinted in a better fitting size.