Thread: FOLX and Plume

FOLX and Plume

Has anyone tried the new online telehealth doctors like FOLX and Plume that prescribe HRT over the internet? I'm just curious if they are reliable and provide safe, &adequate support? I don't want to side step counseling, though my counselor said she would provide the paperwork for me to get HRT. If this new system works well and is safe I would not mind going this route that seems simpler. Your thoughts?

Southerngirl

I can only speak about Plume since it's the one that I use. They do work on the basis of informed consent. They conduct an online interview first to make sure that you understand what could happen, what you might be able to expect, and to determine if you are capable to make the decision. If you come to a mutual decision to proceed they will give a prescription for the appropriate treatment. The prescriptions are for a 3 month supply, and every 3 months they require blood work to check your levels to see if the dosage needs to change or is correct, if you don't get the blood work done they don't renew the prescription. The blood work is done at a nation wide medical testing provider and is part of what you are paying them for. They will provide the appropriate paper work/letters for any matter that requires them. I have been using them for over a year and a half and have dealt with the same provider the whole time. I can say that I have no complaints about them or the service they provide.