Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: why lingerie?

Aspiring Member

why lingerie?

There seems to be a large percentage of us who started dressing when we were prepubescent. Why was the first thing most of us started with was bras, panties or pantyhose? It couldn't have been a turn on. Were we emulating the women in our lives? Did we like the tactile feeling? Just plain curiosity? Inquiring minds want to know.
    I remember being around 4 and finding my mom's bra and putting it on. The only thing I could think is trying to emulate mom. I still don't know why I started wearing my sister's panties. The only think I could think is they were cutter than my boy underwear. They had cute little ducks and lace trim legs.
    Random thoughts.
    Sara

I have actually spent some time thinking about this, for me it was tactile, I love the soft silky feeling of my moms slips, satin is deadly, you know, that and I wanted to be like my sisters, whether it was jealousy or early gender dysphoria, I have no idea.
    When it came to stealing my sisters panties and other clothes, it still had a tactile factor, the panties were softer and felt better than my scratchy briefs, ok, they were cuter, too and I like d that.
    I also liked the way I felt in their dresses, you know the feeling of the skirt flowing around your legs the way the bodice hugs you, that kind of thing.
    Underlying all of the tactile factors, I guess I liked that I felt like a girl.

It's still that way for me, I don't dress for how I look(that's a lost cause) I dress for how I feel.
    I am Me and Me is OK!

Shelby

Platinum Member
    For many of us, curiosity about womens wear started in preschool?and I suppose a fair number of those preschool explorations never developed into anything more. Its so hard to say what caused the curiosity to stick with some of us and not with others.

hello,
    I did some research a long while ago based on posts on this and other similar sites -
    age we started
    Image130.gif
    and the first item of clothing
    16.6% - panties

16.0% - tights or pantyhose

7.8% - bra

7.7% - dress

7.6% - stockings, nylons or thigh high hold-ups

and why we started

11.2% - dress up games with a girl

8% - feel of the fabric

6.8% - wanted to be a female

6.5% - wanted to dress as a female

6.2% - mother dressed me in the clothes

4.9% - Halloween costumes

4.6% - curiosity

hope this is of interest!
    luv J

Platinum Member
    I fall into the 8%-feel of the fabric; specifically nylon. My mother use to hang the laundry to dry in the hallway of our apartment. When walking down the hall my arms would have to push the nylon slips out of my way. First it was fondling the material. Ultimately, taking them off the clothes line and trying them on for the feel. I also discovered the same feel with her nylon nightgowns. It had nothing to do with emulating a woman. It wasn't until puberty that my interests expanded to more of her undergarments; girdle, bras, panties (ugly grannie panties). This adventure lasted until I was too big to don her clothing.

For me I don't know why my weekness was the slip, from my first feel to seeing that 1 inch of lace would drive me crazy. I remember on summer holidays the embarrasted and shock on my younger female cousins got when we played dress up. I was playing the mom when my aunt came in the room and completed my look with pantyhose and a bra, but the minute she put on the slip on me, let's just say my younger female cousins got alittle education on how things grow. My aunt had to take me to the other room to make me calm down. I still can't figure out why my weekness for slips.

The first thing I wore at about 7 was a Ballerina outfit my sister dressed me up in.
    As a boy all my clothes were basically loose but the Ballerina outfit with tights was snug and it felt great and it was fun to pretend to be a girl.
    After that day I put it on every time I got the chance until it didn't fit anymore.
    I guess it was a sexual feeling but I was at least 5 years before puberty.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

For proper dressing, my weakness is a black baby doll, with a deep garter belt, stockings and heels. My mom had all these things which I stole (and laddered!) She must have known that the stockings had been worn, and the lipstick smudged.

Today, I still feel like an absolute ***** in this type of outfit, but I get no support from the baby doll cups. I have been adding a black plunge bra to give some shape, and I have just ordered a 5 hook band bustier to produce more uplift.

I am going to be smothered in bra & negligee straps!

Interesting discuss. I too started young. I think accessibility was a big item. Pantyhose and knee highs were easy to get. Bras were not too difficult either. I do distinctly remember that a lot of my early desire to dress up was to have a costume kit like a spy or, dare I say it, Bugs Bunny. He could crossdress like no one else and it was always killer effective. I so wished ever early on that I could do that.

Now that I am older, there is a lot more introspection on my female side. But I still take great pride in how accurately I can appear as a woman. (Which is probably questionable if I do.)

I also remember that even as I child I felt there was something special about women and that I felt at times like I should have been one. I don't know if I really believe in past lives, but if so, I was a woman before.

Sincerly,
    Laura
    "Girls can wear jeans and cut their hair short, wear shirts and boots, because it's OK to be a boy,
    but for a boy to look like a girl is degrading, because you think that being a girl is degrading.
    But secretly you'd love to know what it's like, wouldn't you? What it feels like for a girl?"
    - The Cement Garden

From the graph, it looks like I am in the second wave, around ages 10 to 13.

You say that, "It couldn't have been a turn on." Well, it was for me. I can't remember how old I was when I first got into my Mom's panties. But, I was old enough to stay home by myself. The first time I put on panties, it turned out to be a full system test and all systems were AOK.
    Last edited by Sometimes Steffi; 08-04-2021 at 09:04 PM.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

For me it?s always been about the lingerie.

I was about 7 or 8 and one trash day, in the back lane I found a bag of discarded women?s clothes. I snuck them into my fort in a secluded part of our yard. There were bras, panties, stockings, a garter belt and some slips. I was very excited and tried everything on. I couldn?t believe how smooth the slip and stockings felt or how pretty the bra and panties were. I was hooked for life.

My mother had a few pairs of heels. I don?t know why I did it at the time but I snuck a pair of my mother?s heels out to my fort and after putting on my my lingerie, tried them on. I remember being very, very excited.

That started me down CD journey. For me, it?s still all about the lingerie and heels.

I started very early and before puberty/hair growth....The feel of the material on my skin was AMAZING. Now that I am older and purposely shave, I get the same feeling
    "Out of ALL the thing I have lost, it's my mind that I miss the most"

I didn't start until I was about 7 or 8. By the way, studies have shown that is the most common age that boys take a serious interest in girl clothes. I loved the nylon, especially slips, but I basically went for it all because I wanted to be a girl. No sisters so when my mother caught me I was kind of banned in an attempt to force me to be a boy. Unfortunately for my mother it didn't work. I ended up kinda-sorta a girl anyway. Lesson - you can't eliminate the need to express your identity in that way when that is an integral part of who you are. At least not without driving yourself crazy denying yourself. You can manage it but you can't eliminate it.

Sara, prepubescent sure doesn't mean that you can't be turned on. I started before puberty at a time I was ab-so-lu-te-ly turned on by my female heroines in comic books and fascinated by women in real life wearing skirts, hose, boots in these seventies times. Because I had not reached puberty however, my dressing sessions back then where not a sexual act but an exploration of a feminine world of softness and an intensely transgressive experiment (for a boy). But they were definitely ignited by sexuality. We are sexual beings very early in life.

For me it was a bra. Didn't "graduate" to panties, etc until a bit later. The attraction of the bra was the illusion of boobs, with the help of some rolled up sox. Yes, as a guy I'm a boob man. That translated to starting my femme side with the bra.
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

SissieScott ! That is so true, the material, the feeling ! I like to feel the tightness of the clothing, but that is my thing 🤭

It was somewhat emulation, wanting to be like my mother.
    It was somewhat tactile as I loved the silky nylon panties she wore.
    Once I "graduated" to having my own things and desiring to be a woman the most feminine images always came from magazine ads and men's magazines. Women were always in lingerie, garter belts, stockings, pretty bras and panties and it seemed that that was how to be feminine. I still love pretty lingerie and though I wear cotton panties half the time I still have an affinity for lovely lingerie.
    Perhaps...perhaps, no one else will see it, but it still makes me feel feminine and sexy.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Quote Originally Posted by jacques View Post
    hello,
    I did some research a long while ago based on posts on this and other similar sites -
    age we started
    Image130.gif
    and the first item of clothing
    16.6% - panties

16.0% - tights or pantyhose

7.8% - bra

7.7% - dress

7.6% - stockings, nylons or thigh high hold-ups

and why we started

11.2% - dress up games with a girl

8% - feel of the fabric

6.8% - wanted to be a female

6.5% - wanted to dress as a female

6.2% - mother dressed me in the clothes

4.9% - Halloween costumes

4.6% - curiosity

hope this is of interest!
    luv J
    Thank you for this graph - the bimodal nature of the curve is interesting - I would have not expected the drop in between peaks. I am surprised " feelings of freedom" or a synonymous phrase was not cited as why we started. To this day it is that same feeling of freedom that permeates me. I just love dressing, going to bed in my long gown nightie and long for the day I could walk in public and be accepted as much as another . The self isolating aspect of crossdressing seems to magnify over the years.

When I first put on my mother's bathing suit a rush of a joy of freedom came over me. It was overwhelming.
    Last edited by kellyanne; 08-04-2021 at 11:08 AM.

I personally didn?t get into my mothers underwear drawer until I was going thru puberty. I started with slips and such that look like dresses.

Aspiring Member
    Lingerie is definitely the thing. I would have been 5 ? 7 year old and Mum would wear a long slip around the house. It felt so smooth and soft ? I just liked the feel of it. I would sit on the floor beside the and there were times when she would slip on stockings and feed them up her legs and clip them to her suspender belt. I just wanted to emulate her. I don?t remember ever rooting around her clothes, the need to express myself as feminine came much later. I still like the hug of some female clothes, and love lace ? blouse, dresses etc.
    Vikky
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adventure before dementia

Same here, mom's lingerie, stockings, bras. I started when I was maybe 5 or 6 years old.

Even when I was four I would pore over the lingerie pages in the store catalogues. “Borrowing” lingerie went hand in hand. I think at that age you can’t place why it’s such a draw but I think mostly because it felt good and, for myself, not having sisters meant not having any dresses to borrow that wouldn’t look ridiculous on me!

(I did ask to try on a dress of “my little girlfriend” down the road but it was an emphatic no!)

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    If it wasn't filling a need, or needs it would not have happened, or more importantly, continued to happen. Still to this day there is the tactile, snug feel to lingerie and pantyhose/stockings. I believe that as you add items it adds to the over feeling, as an example wearing a skirt because it adds to the pantyhose/stocking tactile feelings. For me, my men's clothes are loose and a bit baggy. My women's clothes are soft, colourful and slinky.
    I was regularly wearing lingerie by the time I was 11 to 12ish.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

My first experience wasn't tactile at all which is hard to believe (that came a few years later). When I was 4 years old my mom had me wear my sister's coat as we went trick or treating. So it was more about presenting as a cute little girl!
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Platinum Member
    At Four years old it just seamed like a Good Idea, >Orchid**oo**
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!