Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: why lingerie?

Aspiring Member
    Blue Orchid that maybe the best answer yet.
    Sara

Silver Member
    An additional thought, in conjunction with whatever desire or other motivator. Undergarments can been worn and hidden, or if it's a private matter, under garments are private in nature. Finally, taking it it down to the closet and most intimate bit of clothing, the undergarment may provide the most intimate emotional response.

This does not have to be overtly sexual. Intimacy can be a variety of expressions or experiences, but generally very personal which may also be very private.

My start was discarded pantyhose. It was definitely tactile, I loved the touch and feel, it was my first experience of how a nylon enclosed leg felt (I was no way going to touch a GG on the leg, being in a very old fashioned rural setting). I think there was also a degree of curiosity, an 11 year old wondering what goes on under that cute dress. No wonder I had to try wearing that dress a few years later.

I didn't try on my mom's stockings until "Lauren Bacall taught me".

OK, the truth. I was alone watching a movie on TV and Lauren Bacall is in her full slip. Then, she pulls up her stockings oe by one and then pulls up her sip as she attached the stockings to the garter clips. My mom didn' have a garter belt, but she did have lot of girdles with garter clips.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I was a latch key child so I was free to explore from the age of 7. Would play sports after school on about 3 days a week and then have 2 days to try on my mom?s lingerie. The tactile feel eas wonderful and I could get aroused even at that age. As time went on wearing lingerie took precedence over sports. The wonderful feeling and calming effect of relaxing in panties, slip, garter and stockings has stayed with me for decades

I was a late starter. I was in my mid-fifties when panties hit my radar. Panties, other lingerie and then open floodgates. I can say that, for me, perceived INDULGENCE is why I am attracted to women?s things, even though I?m not the least bit attracted to the idea of being a woman.

Drab is the perfect descriptor for men?s things. The is nothing indulgent about things chosen from the men?s department. And the contrast in variety of the things available to women vs men is on an exponential scale.

The attraction is equally aesthetic and tactile to me. Both senses are being indulged every time I choose my panties for the day.

Because that satiny feel is awesome....and add a bit of lace it is heavenly!

For me, I was first drawn to pantyhose/tights around the age of 10-11ish because I liked they way they looked on girls at school and there was nothing else like them for boy clothing. I would always see mom's pantyhose in the laundry and was so curious about them. When I finally tried them on, I was absolutely captivated by the look as well as the feel.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    U and other may have started with lingerie, Sara. But, I was a late bloomer. Began dressing in my 50's. So, lingerie was the LAST THING I was interested in dressing in. Because the more my male body showed the less I liked my image in the mirror!

Of course, with my suits lingerie is now one of my favorite looks!
    Last edited by Di; 08-06-2021 at 12:15 PM. Reason: Please refrain from adding your picture in every post
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I was in the second wave and was maybe 11 or 12. I'd always dreamed about being a girl, but never done anything apart from wish really hard!

I think 11 or 12 was the age my parents decided I could be left alone when they went shopping, so I started exploring mum's clothes!

I'm like Kellyanne, for me the thing that really triggered me was my mum's one piece swimsuits. Slipping into one of those, and stuffing the cups with quite a few socks (my mum was very well endowed!) and I could see a girl in the mirror, just seeing myself with boobs and everything between my legs hidden was so wonderful!

Why lingerie? Because it's the greatest invention in man/woman kind ever?
    Ok, maybe not quite as practical as the wheel but far prettier, no doubt about that! Like many here, my interest in all things feminine began at a very tender age. I would try on mom's panties and half satin slips and knew immediately that it felt amazingly good and right. It still does (except that now, they're my own). That initial feeling never left me as I grew older and I began to wonder if it was simply a tactile thing given the wonderful feel against my skin. I tried silk boxers and... nuthin...
    While they were comfortable, they weren't feminine and that's ultimately what works for me. I have many pairs of satin panties, all of my bras are quite lacy, my stockings are usually lace top stay ups and so on. I think women's clothing can be quite beautiful and esthetically pleasing, no different than than the beauty of an exquisite sunset or star filled night. It is truly in the eyes of the beholder.
    I truly love and embrace my feminine side and pretty lingerie is an indispensable part of that. I sit on my deck almost every morning in my bra and panties and satin slip and the coffee has never tasted so good!
    The most common form of despair is not being who you are. - Soren Kierkegaard

Erin, That was a beautiful post and something we can all identify with!
    Crissy

me i think it was me watching my mom get dressed to go on dates i was the oldest.so i would sit by her while she told me what i had to do when it came to my brothers and sisters.she sat there in her black lace bra and garter beat with hose and panties on.then she would slip on her black slip and do her makeup i wanted to be her i thought she was so beautiful i guess thats why i love slips now.my first thing i put on was my sisters halfslip and panty.they were made togeather oh i love that slip.as i got older i put on moms clothes i put on her bra i sat at the mirror doing my makeup then i put on her sexy mini skirt and top wow i felt like i was the prettiest girl alive.

I am one of those who falls clearly into the "second wave", i.e. those who began dressing in their teens. I didn't have any interest or inclination to do so when younger: as others have said, it was growing curiosity as a teenager about girls and what it felt like to wear their clothing that led me to try to find out. Even at 14 or 15 - and without sisters to provide the opportunities - I found adult women's clothes generally a bit too big to fit well. Slips and skirts weren't too bad and stockings were quite OK but bras and girdles were not as tight a fit as they were intended to be. Good enough to proviide a very good idea of what those clothes must feel like to the girls and women who wore them, but still not quite right. I am intigued, therefore, by the large number of contributors whose first experiences were at ages from four or five upwards - an age where even my quite slim mother's bras and girdles would have simply slipped straight off me. At five or six my legs would have been less than half the length of my mother's and her stockings would have been very much too long. I can't imagine how trying hem on at that age could have worked for me.
    Please don't misunderstand: I have no reason to doubt all the accounts of early experience with women's underwear and the pleasure and satisfaction it gave to so many members here. I am just curious to know how they overcame the very real size difference problem.

Hello All , I am new to the Forum and need to do an introduction. But when I saw this topic I figure this might be ok as a starter I will post more about me in a new topic so you can get to know me.
    Why lingerie for me, A short story of my first introduction. I was about 7 or 8 and I do not remember how the conversation got started, but a girl in the neighborhood maybe 11 or 12 came out with " show me yours and I will show you mine". So we found a place in the shed and did just that, I showed mine and she showed hers. Seeing hers was not as big a deal to me at the time I had two little sisters and had helped change their diapers, Hers did not look much different. Then she made the same deal for can I touch it? You can touch mine , So she did, not fondle but hold and have a good look. Then my turn she said only with her panties on she did not want to have any babies. She wore baby blue nylon panties, so I did rub her front on the panties nice and my little guy reacted this time did not why but I did like it . We met one more time latter that summer in the shed and she wanted to kiss I said yes if I could rub her panties . That was the last time i ever saw that girl we moved away.

To me, it's probably often about resolving gender identity dysphoria. At some point, our 'wires get crossed', and our subconscious tries to resolve any cognitive dissonance, such as that which is caused by feeling that we are one sex, while wearing the attire of the other. That was it for me; at 8, I had become convinced that I was actually supposed to be a girl, so the boy clothes felt somehow unnatural for me to wear. I gradually always felt like I was just a bit out of place, as a boy.
    Despite growing up like any other normal boy until I was almost 7, I now felt like I was a girl, pretending to be a boy, in boy clothes. So the wearing of girl clothes resolved that uncomfortable feeling. And it remains, to this day. I only feel 'normal', when wearing girl clothes.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    I fall into the 8%-feel of the fabric; specifically nylon. My mother use to hang the laundry to dry in the hallway of our apartment. When walking down the hall my arms would have to push the nylon slips out of my way. First it was fondling the material. Ultimately, taking them off the clothes line and trying them on for the feel. I also discovered the same feel with her nylon nightgowns. It had nothing to do with emulating a woman. It wasn't until puberty that my interests expanded to more of her undergarments; girdle, bras, panties (ugly grannie panties). This adventure lasted until I was too big to don her clothing.
    Would you mind sharing how you collected that data. I'm not questioning it, just interested.

Why? Lingerie as well as most other pieces of women?s clothes are, for me, simply more comfortable. My wife doesn?t understand underwires, girdles, garter belts or hose. I just smile. I, too, started early, playing dress up with the next door sisters. No big deal until I slid on a pair of stockings. I knew I was hooked..and was?still am.

Aspiring Member
    When I was a child, male underwear was almost exclusively white cotton.
    When I discovered the silky fabrics with lace, and bows, in all manner of colours and floral prints that were women's panties, I was hooked.
    The first pairs of panties I owned were really tiny, satin ones; one pair in pale blue and the other in pink.
    I found them in a bag of clothes that were being discarded by my mother. They were still in their packaging and unused. I think my mother must have ordered them and realised they weren't her kind of thing after all and never wore them.
    I loved the feel of them and being panties, were very easy to hide.
    I used to wear them under my male underwear for fear of being discovered, but they still felt wonderful.