Thread: Last night and an interesting few days

Last night and an interesting few days

As I mentioned in an earlier post, "Tan Lines", lately I've been dressing more openly at home. It's been a long journey as my wife has become more accepting (or at least, tolerant) of my dressing. I know that she's still somewhat uncomfortable with it and would certainly prefer that I didn't cross dress. I, on the other hand feel that I should have the freedom to dress according to my mood and desire at the time: sometimes I want to be in girl clothes, sometimes I want to be in guy clothes. I try to strike a balance by dressing mostly when she is either out of the house, or sleeping, or we are occupied in our individual activities in different parts of the house (for example, she's in the living room reading or napping, while I'm in the study on the computer or playing guitar), but our paths will cross periodically as we move about and I don't try to hide from her, nor does she try to avoid me. If she's out she will usually text me when she's on the way home and I will change. If she forgets to text and I hear the garage door open, I no longer panic and rush to change and cover up the evidence, but remain dressed for a while, sometimes a short time, sometimes longer depending on our activities as mentioned earlier. She will either say nothing about my being dressed, or she might say "That's a cute dress" or "Is that new?" If I am still dressed when dinner time comes, I will change into guy clothes for the evening (even though I might prefer to stay dressed.) Nothing is hidden. I also make an effort to NOT dress when I might otherwise want to in order to give her a break if I've been dressing frequently.

There have been a couple of interesting events/exchanges recently.

I am usually up in the morning before my wife and my normal habit is to wear a sleep chemise or nightgown which I will cover up with a bathrobe when I hear her getting up. Recently though, I sometimes forgo the cover-up and just stay in the chemise while we drink coffee and read the paper. Last Sunday, I got up early and decided to get dressed in a skirt & blouse with panties, bra and forms, lipstick. Later, when my wife came down, I could see she was a little taken aback, but she just asked me if that was a new blouse and did I want more coffee. We were going to have a special breakfast together and I stayed dressed until it was time to start pulling things together. I said, "I'll go change and we'll start." As I headed up the stairs she stopped me and said "You don't have to change" but I could tell that she would really prefer that I did, so I said, "Really? Are you sure? I don't mind." She kind of hesitated and said, "Well..." So I said, "No, it's okay, I'll change. Maybe some other time." I could see that she was relieved and we had a nice breakfast. I went about the rest of the day in guy mode.

On Monday morning she had a class to go to and some errands to do which usually takes her about 3 hours. Once she left I put on a sun dress, panties/bra/forms, earrings, necklace and bracelets, a pair of two inch heels and painted my toenails bright red (before I put on the heels of course!). Then I get a text from her: "There was a mix-up, class is Friday, not today. Heading home. Need anything while I'm out?" Rats. Normally I would have just changed and let it go at that but instead I decided I wanted to stay dressed. So I texted back "Nope. But I'm already all dressed up." She responded, "Yeah I thought you might be. I still have errands to do so you don't need to rush to change." So I didn't. Kept everything on. She got back about 45 minutes later, I'm still dressed. Her only comment was, "Oh you have your boobies in!" A little while later I was fixing myself something for breakfast and I asked her if she wanted the same. She did, so I made breakfast and we ate together. While we were eating she said, "I like that dress, I would wear it. Where did you get it?" "Nordstom's, where I get most everything." She said, "I need to get some different sundresses" (she wears the same one practically every day), "I wonder if they have any sales coming up?" I said, "Their anniversary sale is going on now." "Did you find anything for you?" I said I did and we finished breakfast. I stayed dressed for a few more and then changed to guy shorts and t-shirt.

Later she went in to look at the sale, but didn't find anything. After a while I went to the website and looked at non-sale items and found several dresses I thought she might like and put them in a wish list. I told her what I had found, she went in and liked all of them. I told her that Nordstrom's has free shipping and free returns, so she could order all of them, keep any (or none) that she liked and return the rest. So she did.

I slept that night in a white silk chemise. I wanted to give her a break from CDing (or at lease observing it), so I covered up with a robe for the morning. I knew she had a virtual meeting to attend that evening that would keep her in the study for a couple of hours so I knew I could dress then privately if I wanted to. As it happened, the dress I had ordered arrived that day and I was able to try it on while she was out grocery shopping. It fit really well (which is always a happy relief as I'm 6'4', although slender, which helps) and I liked it a lot, so I knew what I would be doing that evening. Once she was safely ensconced in her meeting, I put on my new dress, panties, earrings/necklace/bracelets and dark red lipstick. Stayed barefoot because I knew she would hear the sound of heels on our wood floors (again, I was wanting to give her a break). I went about getting dinner pre-prepared for when she finished her meeting, by which time I would be changed back to guy clothes. Well, I get a text from her, "If you get this, come in here for a minute. I'm not on camera, and on mute." Okay, previously, I would have quick changed before I went in, but I decided, what the hell, nothing to hide, so I opened the door and said, "What's up?" She just clocked the look, asked if this was the new dress? From Nordstroms? And then told me what she wanted to tell me (a comment about one of the other meeting participants), then went back to her meeting. I went back to playing guitar in the living room. After a while I texted her, "Let me know when you're wrapping up and I'll change." She replied, "Okay. Thanks." So I kept playing and waiting for her signal to change. The meeting went on longer than expected and eventually it ended and she came into the living room without having texted, and I figured, Okay, she didn't need me to change, so we spent the rest of the evening with drinks, dinner, and watching Netflix, me in my new dress. When bedtime came around I changed into my chemise, we had a bit of conversation about usual stuff (nothing to do with CD) and called it a night.

This morning I stayed in my chemise, robe over, and now back to guy clothes. I would like to put on a dress now for the rest of the day, and I know I could, but I think she needs some guy time for a while. All good.
    Last edited by Bluesman; 08-04-2021 at 06:42 PM.

From the story I gather you sleep separately? I ask because you said you wear your chemise to bed, but cover up in the morning with a robe before your wife sees you. Kind of indicates that's the case.
    Fortunately that's not my situation. My wife is fully accepting so I wear my forms and nightgown to bed every night with her. I was told years ago, when I came out to her at last, that I could dress whenever I desire. I told her right then that that could be every day as I preferred it that way. Now we are retired and of course Covid struck so there's rarely, almost never, anyone at the door but a delivery person so I've lost the "fear" that used to be part of this daily dressing.
    The struggle I have is as you said, "she needs some guy time". As much as I want to give that to her I also want to be me and it's become increasingly difficult to give her that part of me. I do go drab when the need arises but almost dread it anymore and find myself thinking of everything but those male activities. Don't know what will happen, we'll just wait and see.

Good luck with your wife. Seems you may be on your way to full acceptance and it's a beautiful thing.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Platinum Member
    You seem to be very attentive to your wifes reaction and feelings. That will serve you well as the two of you work out the nuances of your evolving needs, interests and relationship.

No, we sleep together. Usually we go to bed at separate times so either she's usually already asleep if I put on the chemise and get in bed, or I'm already in bed asleep.

Congrats! Your compassion, being sensitive to her feelings, and willingness to NOT cram it down her throat is totally helping your wife with tolerance and acceptance. It even sounds like your wife is testing her own waters, by purposely not texting you that she was done and *time to change*.....because it was on her terms and thus easier. The male/female balance is key too.....it gives her time to process it without it being in her face 24/7. "Slow and Steady wins the race"
    "Out of ALL the thing I have lost, it's my mind that I miss the most"

Platinum Member
    Hi Bluesman , Little by Little she is coming around, Just keep going easy with this, >Orchid**00**
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

[QUOTE=SissieScott; It even sounds like your wife is testing her own waters, by purposely not texting you that she was done and *time to change*.....because it was on her terms and thus easier. [/QUOTE]

That could be, but it's also possible she just forgot (she has a tendency to do that sometimes...) In any event, I did give her the option. My wish is that one day I'll get a text from her when she's on her way home saying "you don't have to change."

I think you have the right relationship for this to progress gradually.

Just let your wife make the suggestions and take the lead occasionally.

May you be happily married for a long time.....
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.