Thread: A most disappointing experience!

Banned Read only

A most disappointing experience!

I'm attending a wedding shortly, and as discussed in previous threads, I have had a lot of problems with my eating disorder and it's had a negative impact on my waistline. When it came to trying on my suit, I could fit in it... but I couldn't move in it!

Upon seeing me, my wife instantly asked if I had any other suits, to which I responded no. She then said "You'd better get in touch with the suit hire shop pretty quickly then!"

This hit me in so many ways.

1) I don't fit my ?400 Hugo Boss suit, which I do look rather dashing in.
    2) It was a horrible slap in the face of how much i've let myself go in the past year.
    3) I had to spend ?150 to hire a suit that only needed to have an extra inch all over to fit.

Worst of all though...

4) I have a perfect dress for a wedding in my wardrobe, it cost ?18 and still fits despite my weight gain.

Oh well. I've already lost 3kg of the 15kg I need to lose to get back to where I was. Give it 6 months of controlled eating and I will be where I need to be again.

Sounds like a waist cincher or corset would have solved the problem.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Maybe a girdle. I have 2 girdles, and would wear one if needed in guy mode, to make suit pants fit.

Platinum Member
    I feel your pain. Since Mar 2020 I gained what I referred to as the Covid-20 lbs. I made a vow to myself that I would forgoe any photos or going out until I have gotten rid of all those extra pounds and another ten for good measure. So far I have lost ten?ten more to my prior weight and then another ten to goal.

Know thyself and buy new suits.

Banned Read only
    A competent tailor can open up the waist another inch or two for around $20. You get to keep your lovely suit. Suits come with extra fabric around that area precisely for this purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl T View Post
    Sounds like a waist cincher or corset would have solved the problem.
    This sounds like the best idea, you get to wear your suit and also get to underdress
    Crissy

hello Charlotte,
    men's clothes are so boring! And the sizing is so hard to understand!
    I know exactly what size bra to wear, but a suit? I did have one once - for my wedding and graduation.
    stay healthy!
    luv J

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    It isn't just about your weight, Charlotte, it's about your health, too! Once I lost those 9 unneeded kilos Sherry looked good and I felt more energized!

Remember, diets don't work in the end. Only diet change will lose the pounds and keep them off!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Platinum Member
    Hi Charlotte , The best thing I ever got was a DIGITAL Bathroom scale Scale,

First thing in the Morning and last thing at night ,

So things don't get outa hand for me, >Orchid**00**
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Just being true to myself Jolene Robertson's Avatar
    Too bad you can't wear the dress. I feel your pain, Between my Dad being sick and dieing in 2019 and then covid last year I gained 30 lbs. I've lost half of what I need to lose but it takes time.

Perhaps a timely wake up call, one which meant you can get things under control before getting out of hand and going too far. Yes you may have had a dress than you could have gone in but for how long? Next wedding that dress is a little on the tight side and before long.........
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Maybe it's me. I've never found men's suits to be comfortable even when they do fit. Over the years I've collected a few suits of various sizes and wear the one that fits. It doesn't matter that the suit is old as dirt drab, boring never goes out of style.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

Charlotte, Afew years ago I I peaked at 155 lbs, this became a wake up call as I could not wear a number of size 10 or 12 dresses any more.

Some controlled eating and I am back to 140 lbs and all those nice clothes I have amassed over the years.

This includes a mans suit that I can now wear should I need to go to a wedding dressed that way. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    Since I first tried on the suit 3 weeks or so ago, I have lost 3.5kg, of which 2kg is probably water weight.

I'm feeling and looking much better, and my corset now needs to be re-laced as it's too easy a fit right now!

Platinum Member
    You have been on this roller coaster ride for over a decade per your postings. There's no too much anyone can do about their height. There's not too much anyone can do about their frame; big boned frames do not go away. Your post sounds like a dog chasing its tail. If your eating disorder is based on not projecting the feminine physical image you want perhaps you need to accept what you cannot change. I am six foot even (pre-aging shrinkage; 6'1 1/2") and 200 pounds. Once upon a time I clocked in at 140 pounds at 6'1" (as a teenager) and felt terrible, physically. My body is telling me it feels good at 195-200. Yes, I probably can lose ten to fifteen pounds but my height and frame are not going to change. When that is the reality, we have to deal with it.

Yes, as others have stated it is "diet and exercise." Diet does not mean finding the latest "trending" diet. It means watching the calories going in and what sort of calories they are. Decades ago I read the calories on the back of a soda can. How many minutes of vigorous exercise did I need to counteract those 12 ounces. It is easier to not have to shed those calories with exercise. It is relatively easy to stay away from prepared packaged foods and eat fresh fruits and vegetables and meat, Exercise? It is not necessary to join gym. Brisk walking is always recommended. Personally, I am not a fan of pounding the streets; running endlessly. I know too many people who have ended with spinal injuries due to the effects of impact. If you have access to a pool, swimming provide low impact exercise. In the end, even when your body sheds weight, you're still stuck with height and frame. Yes, it would be great if I was five foot five so I could fly under the radar, but, it ain't going to happen. I have to work with what I have; just like all women.

And, I do recommend weighing yourself everyday. Yes, the readings may be up and down, but, you'll be catching trends and can adjust rather quickly.