Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Did You Ever Forget?

I got changed back into drab to take the dog to the groomers once and as I handed our pooch's lead to the groomer I realised I had a girly bracelet watch on that wrist which she clocked....but said nothing thankfully

hello Krisi,
    one day when I was out for a walk I heard a child say "Mummy, why is that man wearing make up?"
    luv J

Only since I've lived alone, since I only wear female clothing at home.
    Once, I forgot to take my nail polish off before leaving for work. Luckily, I had solvent in the trunk of the car which removed it.
    I've left on lipstick, which was easily wiped off.
    I usually wear dangling earrings, which make noise so I don't forget to take them off. But when I discovered magnetic backed studs, I wore pretty fake diamond studs a lot. And forgot those. luckily, I spotted them in the rear view mirror of my car before going in to work.
    That's about it, since being on my own.

The real destroyer, was when I accidentally left a slip out, back when I was married but still in the closet. Wife found it, blew a gasket, which precipitated the eventual divorce.
    Other than those, AFAIK, I'd never previously done anything to give myself away.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I went to a big party one time after a 4 hour dress-up play time at home.
    Two girls started talking to me and asked why I was wearing eyeliner, I said "I'm not wearing eyeliner" as I figured I better hit the bathroom and clean it off!

Another time I dressed and put on Nail polish, after dressing I couldn't find my wife's Nail polish remover.
    I remembered I had Acetone in a basement in another town, so I drove over there and when I got out of my car two guys from a local church started talking to me.
    As they asked if I wanted to attend they handed me a pamphlet and as I reached for it they saw my bright red Nail polish.
    It was awkward, especially back in the 80s.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

A few years ago I was first experimenting with eye shadow. I had put on some dark green and noted that is wasn't anything special. I changed back and ran an errand to the store and back. When the missus got home she asked "what happened to your eye?" I exclaimed puzzlement and rushed to the bathroom to wash it off, and explained it must have been some dirt or soot that got on there when I was working on something. Still wonder if the people at the store noticed or wondered.

I don't know if this counts, but due to housing issues, I'm currently staying at my dad's place.

I've got my toes painted a nice bright red.

Dad knows I like dressing, but it's kind of a DADT situation, so I always make sure I have socks on to hide my nails.

Anyhow, lady Saturday night I was in bed, and I had to go back downstairs for something, Dad was still up, and it was only while I was there talking to him for a minute that I realized my toenails were on full display! He never said anything, so who knows if he even noticed!

Cynthia,

I drive in Patent leather Black ballet flats. So one morning I'm getting breakfast at a grocery store sitting in their dining area and look down and I'm still wearing them. Blushing, I finish breakfast
    and leave. Nothing was said but I am still eating there every day and I have gotten several comments on my nails OPI Bubble Bath w/gel. but no comments on my ballet flats.

Davina

I only ever "forgot" on one occasion, and it was relatively trivial. You see, I'd always been so damned careful, about what I called "my security"--not being discovered--ever since I was twelve or so. Luckily, I never was,

However, one day a few years ago I was taking the dog for a walk down the road when it struck me... I'd been dressed earlier, and changed back into male shorts and T-shirt--when I realized I was still wearing this big pair of dangly baroque silver earrings I'd forgotten to take off!

I guess it's not a big deal. On another occasion I went to the local grocery store in male mode deliberately sporting a pair of earrings just like them--may even have been the same ones--just for fun. I don't like to mix gender stuff together, since one seems to neutralize the value of the other, but it is fun to hang out little clues to my "Lori" side that men can get away with these days. On that occasion, nobody said a thing about the earrings, though I'd love to know what anybody tbought.

But that time, walking the dog, the earrings were a genuine oversight, and I felt momentarily embarrassed as I realized what I'd forgotten. It's different among neighbors than walking among strangers in a grocery store. Still, I didn't rush back home, or stop to take them off. I just carried on "walking the dog." Nobody said a thing that time either, and that chances are that nobody even noticed!

I had just repaired a Roku player power cord. Took a photo of the repair to send to a friend that was having similar problems with his Roku device.
    Some time later I happened to look at the photo and I did a double take. I had long red fingernails holding the Roku.
    He never mentioned it, but years later when I opened up to him about my dressing his response was that he didn't want to know anything about it.
    And after I sent him some photos of me fully dressed he requested I keep my dressing hobby to myself.
    I later apologized for over sharing, his response was funny, he said that's why they have a Delete option with e-mail.

25 years old and I had a new acquaintance coming over to help with some computer issues (late 90's, it was a new technology) I had left my 2nd pair of heels out in the family room. He says, something about having girls over and my foolish response is "no, those are mine." I almost died right there. I said I was trying them out so I could work a local bar for their Rocky Horror show (total lie, but the outfit is fabulous!). I'm not entirely sure he knew what that was, but we didn't stay in touch. Hah!

I wear pantyhose under my pants or shorts every day when I'm in the privacy of my own house. It's become so customary that I occasionally forget I'm wearing them.
    Due to finances, I recently found it necessary to rent out two of my extra bedrooms. Although I try to remain discreet there was a time when one of my tenants came home unexpectedly and struck up a conversation with me in the kitchen. I was wearing a pair of nude nylons under my shorts. She never said a word about it. She might not have noticed, considering that the pantyhose matched my skin tone, although the reinforced toes must have been a giveaway.

I had just gotten out of the shower and dried off. I live alone and the doorbell rang. I slipped on a pair of pants only. I open the door and there stood my grown son, who looked down and said " nice nails Dad". They were a nice shade of pink, but to this day nothing else has been said about them.

Was going to the grocery store. I thought I had remembered everything! Got in the parking lot and looked in the mirror and...no wig!!! Well do I go home and get it or...? I decided ... so completely dressed went into the store with just my combed hair! No one seemed to even notice let alone say anything! So I realized the wig is actually for me!! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

I didn't want my wife to have to be in the closet with me, so I told her she could talk about my gender issues with anyone she felt safe sharing it with. She spoke about it with her sister, who told her that she already knew. Apparently I had come out to her around ten years before then, when I was drunk, and I didn't remember it.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

iwas sitting around enjoying myself one afternoon when my friend pulled in the driveway , a very quick change back to manly attire but I had fotgotten my earrings . He aske are tou wearimg earrings now , I told him I was practihng be a pirate '

I forgot, not once but at least three times to get the nail polish remover with me, but I found out long after I had painted my nails:
    - at a hotel during a business trip (I had to scratch the nails with a key before leaving the room).
    - when I was driving to the office in femme (it was planned to stop in the nearby and change to guy mode in the car, but I had to stop in a couple of stores to buy the polish remover... I think it was the first time I interact with others as Tam).
    - just after I parked at the office (I had to walk to my desk with my hands in the pockets to reach the backup remover bottle... I had learned from the previous).

I was in the Doctors office one time getting a physical. He asked me to take off my shoes and socket so he could check my foot reflexes. He took a double take at my bright red toe nails but never said a word.
    Also about that time I had a neighbor stop by, I was bare foot with my bright red toe nails exposed. I don't know if she noticed, she said nothing and left shortly there after.
    Having heart issues, I took a ride with the EMT's to the ER, with again red nail polished toes. After I was all check in, the driver, a female came back in the room to check if there was anything else she could for me. I thanked her and said "No, I was all set". She commented that she like my nails and walked out.
    I, also, don't care who see the polish both fingers and toes. Most people don't comment one way of the other.

I always forget to change back to men?s underwear. So there have been times my wife came home and here I am with a thong on so I go to the bathroom and take it off and go commando.
    One time I forgot that and forgot to put away my girlie flip flops. They?re just Walmart flip flops and they are like an aqua color. So this guy comes to fix and appliance and I look down as I open the door and I?m wearing the flip flops. Then I sat on a bar stool by the island while he fixes it and he needs to walk behind me to go back to his truck for a tool. As he does that, after he walks away I feel my lower back is cold. My sweat pants dropped some and my wife?s Lacy orange panties are showing. Oops!
    xoxo,

Leah

"Man, I feel like a Woman!"

Platinum Member
    I did make a comment back at #16, but I do remember another faux pas. When I was in college I was home alone because the rest of the family had gone for an overnight trip to my grandmother's home. I did not go with them because I had a physical for a job with United Parcel Service. The physical was for late in the afternoon. I spent several hours in the morning en femme wearing my mother's clothes; That's all I had access to way back in the mid 1960's. Anyway I had worn her pull up girdle. When I took it off the seams of the girdle left a road map to stitching all over my butt. I spent as long as I could trying to knead out the lines before I had to leave for the physical. I do not know if the lines were still visible. I did get a job offer, but it was for a very much lower hourly rate. I think it was another case of bait and switch with UPS. I did not take the offer.

Recommendation; Do not wear tight fitting undergarments (girdles, bras, etc) before a physical examination if you want to remain totally in the closet.