Thread: Don't answer the door!

Don't answer the door!

How do you not answer the door when fully dressed? Not me!

I had a four weeks opportunity were I could dress in a vacant apartment but the other apartments were occupied by young women.
    I chickened out after getting dressed, My heel were so loud and every movement was so loud.
    I keep thinking they would see my car and hear me in the apartment and start ringing the doorbell!

Well now I to afraid to dress in the vacant apartment, such a wast.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

I don't blame you, although a nice area rug may be of some help. Where ever I have dressed I wouldn't answer the door. Maybe sometime when I really have it together and it is an unknown delivery driver.

Platinum Member
    Honestly, you need to relax. Assuming you have the legal right to be in this apartment, then what is the worst that could happen if any of the tenants hears your heels clicking, or for that matter, sees you? Is there any reason to fear if someone does ring the doorbell?

Aspiring Member
    Judy...you are one sharp looking gal! Think of the fun...

If I looked half as good as you I would answer it. I understand your fear of going out as you would draw the attention of any man that saw you. Based on your pictures there is no way anyone would suspect anything other than a beautiful female

Why not, yes a good few years ago I would go and hurriedly change. Now being 24/7 it is not a problem even when new neighbours moved in right next door, they were so friendly towards me it was lovely. yes it takes courage and nerves for the first few times to go out but after a while it becomes just normal life.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

If I'm fully dressed and it's a delivery person then of course I'll answer the door.
    If it's someone I know then that's another story. Either the wife answers the door, or no one is home.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I have no issue with answering the door if it?s someone I do not know. Not that I care, but I think I could pull that off for a split second or so.

Reality Check
    If the apartment is supposed to be vacant but you are in it walking around and making noise, there is a good chance that someone from one of the other apartments will call the police and have them come to investigate. Think about this and what you will do if this happens and it's the police knocking on the door.
    Krisi

Platinum Member
    I think the issue is high heels 'clicking' on a wood or tile floor. If there was carpeting there would not be any 'clicking' of the heels. I noticed when I went for evening strolls in the cool fall or winter weather the 'clicking' of my heels on the concrete sidewalk was deafening. To remedy that I bought a wedge with a two inch rise with a noise deadening sole. If the women in the building, especially anyone living below the empty apartment, do not hear you they may not try to engage with you. I am assuming you and your wife own the apartment building.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Why r u in a vacant apart? If it's yours, why worry? When the cops come just show them proof it's yours! Other wise, u may go to jail for breaking and entering.

Why not dress at home with no worries of someone interrupting u?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I've been home when the doorbell rang a few times. Once i was able to see it was my grandfather stopping by. I hated to ignore that and he left, I hated lying to him and ended up telling him I wasn't home but my truck was. Once I had a crew of guys in my yard replacing the gas main. I asked if they needed me for anything or access to the house and they didn't. Low and behold they rang the bell about an hour later and I was fully dressed head to toe as I'd just bought a new wig and wanted to try it out. I couldn't do anything but ignore them while quickly googling the company, then calling them to get the cell phone of the guy in my yard to find out what was up while lying to him that I was on a conference call and couldn't get off. I washed off all the makeup and went outside to talk to them about a problem in my yard, a perfect waste of makeup. Now I have cameras on my house and have them up on my computer w/sound when I'm dressed so I can get the jump on anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Judy-Somthing View Post
    How do you not answer the door when fully dressed?
    CCTV and an intercom!
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Not only did I open the door I paid the paper boy then went out to get the mail rom the mail lady. As Nike says Just Do It
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

I answer the door when dressed. I've been outside in the yard wearing my pink skort.

Marion

I know that feeling. I used to live above someone I knew quite well. I covered the heel tips with hot glue or silicone to dampen the sound.

hello Judy,
    there is no law that I know of that says you have to answer the door or the telephone: the choice is yours.
    luv J

If I’m fully dressed and someone knocks on the door, I answer it. After all, it might be the package guy with my new dress!

I was just remembering this exact scenario. Few years ago, about 9pm or later a Saturday night.....
    I hear all sorts of activity on the street out front. I peek out and see flashing lights from fire trucks.
    I go up on my roof top sun deck, and can smell smoke, and I can see a few fire trucks on my street to the east.
    I head back inside, and continue my Saturday alone time dressing up and relaxing.....
    A short time later I hear more activity, check the roof top view again and their were maybe 8 fire trucks on my street.
    Smell of the smoke is less, but still can smell it....... I go back inside.......
    Minutes later the door bell rings, and I hear pounding on my front door.
    I peak out and their is a fireman at my door..... I am thinking, this is no time to hinder the fire department.
    So I open the door, the fireman appears to be in his mid 20's and asks me if I know anything about the smoke.
    I tell him everything is OK on my property, the smoke appeared to have been worse earlier, but even from my roof top I could not tell the source.
    Without any hesitation or reaction to my attire he thanks me and we say good bye.
    I immediately go take another stiff drink to calm my nerves, and head back to the roof to see if anything else happens.
    Well, it was a non-event, no source was discovered for all the smoke, and the world didn't end over the fireman finding out I was a crossdresser.
    I did feel better knowing one more person knew, and was not freaked out over my passion for dressing up.

I have a Ring doorbell for this occasion. Neighbors are a hard pass, they think I'm working from home. Delivery is generally a situation where I will wait for them to be walking back to the truck, but they get a peek. Hah!